AT&T 8525 WM6: Can't send reply email

Guest short/y

Guest short/y

Twice within the last week or so, something has happened, on my device I think, that prevents me from sending a reply email in Pocket Outlook. I have an Exchange account at 1and1 and have been using it with OTA ActiveSync to Pocket Outlook for nearly a year without a problem. Now, when I hit the reply button, the reply pops up, I type in my reply then, when I hit the Send key, nothing happens. If I save the reply to Drafts and then go to the Drafts folder, the size of the message shows as 0 bytes. Opening the message shows that it is, in fact, empty! The original text as well as my reply are missing. The only other symptom I've noticed is that I can't edit the original message when I'm replying. When I tap the phrase on the divider between the space for my reply and the sender's original message, nothing happens.

Like I said, this has happened twice to me in the past week. The only way I could get replies to work again last time was to hard reset my device and reload everything. When I did that last weekend, I experimented a little to try and figure out what might've caused it and, at the time, I traced it down to using the new SKTools to move my email messages to my Storage Card. "OK," I said to myself, "I won't do that again." And I haven't. But now, sometime between abougt 9:30 this morning and about 3:00 this afternoon, replies have stopped working again. What have I done to cause it to happen this time? I can only recall two things I did today:

1) I installed Opera

2) I used the new SKTools to turn off CAB deletion after installation.

Naturally, I have uninstalled Opera (no change) and restored CAB deletion (again, no change).

Has anyone experienced anything like this before? Does anybody have any suggestions as to what I might do to restore my ability to reply without a hard reset? If I have to reset and reload, I'll experiment with SKTools again but I'd really prefer to just know how to restore things.

I'm in the USA and have an AT&T 8525 (HTC Hermes) running the AT&T release of WM6.

Guest short/y
Try this tweak

SKTools->TuneUP->PIM->Autosave to draft after this period -> set this value to 120000

Hi, Mr. S_K! I was going to send you a mesasge through your support link on your site after I finished my experiments. I don't think it has anything specifically to do with SKTools, just that I'm mucking around in some registry entries that shouldn't be mucked with in AT&T's WM6.

The issue really some something to do with Pocket Outlook Reply and Forward. I can hit Reply or Forward and compose my email but the Send softkey does nothing -- when I press it, it highlights but nothing happens. Save to Drafts is greyed out and, while I'm offered the opportunity to save the mesasge to Drafts when I cancel the message, the message that's saved is zero bytes in length.

What seems to make it happen is "tweaking" via SKTools. As I said, I don't think it has anything to do with SKTools, per se, just that I modify something int he registry that causes Pocket Outlook to start acting this way. Once It happens, I have found no way to bring it back, short of a hard reset. The first time I had the problem, I moved my messaging files to my storage card. After I hard reset and reloaded, as an experiment, I moved them then moved them back without an intervening soft reset and still got the problem. Once I'd hardreset and reloaded, I moved my messaging files, soft reset. The problem manifested so I then moved them back and did a soft reset and the problem was still with me. After a hard reset, I tried one more experiment, tweaking what I thought was a relatively benign setting (can't recall which it was right now, sorry) and it caused the same problem.

There are other tweaks that don't have this effect. For instance, I used the tweak that lets me move cookies, IE history and temporary Internet files to my storage card with no ill effects so I've decided to just stay away from most of them.

Guest oman181

I have the very same problem and don't have SKTOOLS!

I have 2x POP3 accounts and 1x IMAP on my HTC Touch running WM6.

All accounts send and receive okay.

However, whenever I reply to a message, I can enter the text and when I hit send, I get an error sound alert and it does not get sent.

If I go to "messaging" "options" "message" and tick the "when replying to e-mail, include body", then I get the above scenario and the reply message cannot be sent.

If I untick the "when replying to e-mail, include body", then I can send the reply. BUT I want to include the body!

This happens across all accounts.

You only see the middle section with a heading of ""Edit sender's message" when you tick the "when replying to e-mail, include body" box. I have no idea on the purpose of this as I can't seem to get it to react when tapping on the icon or underlined text.

Guest short/y
I have the very same problem and don't have SKTOOLS!

Did you modify the registry or run a tweaker that modifies it? My suspicion is that it really has nothing to do with SKTools but with a modification to some set of registry keys.

You only see the middle section with a heading of ""Edit sender's message" when you tick the "when replying to e-mail, include body" box. I have no idea on the purpose of this as I can't seem to get it to react when tapping on the icon or underlined text.

What's supposed to happen is that the body of the replied to message is unprotected so you can modify it. The fact that it isn't points to the same problem I've encountered. The only thing that's worked for me was to hard reset and reload all my programs. Once done, I stayed on the lookout for altered behavior and I checked my phone after every program installation and after every tweak.

Guest oman181
Did you modify the registry or run a tweaker that modifies it? My suspicion is that it really has nothing to do with SKTools but with a modification to some set of registry keys.

What's supposed to happen is that the body of the replied to message is unprotected so you can modify it. The fact that it isn't points to the same problem I've encountered. The only thing that's worked for me was to hard reset and reload all my programs. Once done, I stayed on the lookout for altered behavior and I checked my phone after every program installation and after every tweak.

No. I have not run a tweaker that I know of. Only registry keys modified would have been during an installation or changes I did that are not related to email.

Maybe it will be hard reset for me if I can't find the cause and people complain about there ebing no body.

Thanks for the reply

Guest oman181
No. I have not run a tweaker that I know of. Only registry keys modified would have been during an installation or changes I did that are not related to email.

Maybe it will be hard reset for me if I can't find the cause and people complain about there ebing no body.

Thanks for the reply

I used the registry details that SKTOOLS sent you and that fixed my problem - no hard reset which was a godsend!

Did you try the autsave=120000?