Confirming unlocked GPS using Live Search

Guest jyalexop2003

Guest jyalexop2003
Had to replace my first one (within 30 days) due to the USB door busting off and the 90% battery charge issue (that is still there with the new one). I had the GPSTest with no Hacks working on the first one. Got the replacement, just installed Windows Live Search with no GPSTest, set to GPSID, and it picked up satellites within 2 minutes. This was in my car, so it had direct sight to the open sky. Be patient with it and don't mess with it too much if you only want the basic GPS functionality with Live Search or Google Maps. Just my 2 cents.

I agree. I insatlled Gmaps And WLS immediately after getting the BJ2 and they worked

out-of-the-box, no hacks/no changes. I simply chose the Intermediate Driver and Set by Windows

settings.

I do like WLS better than Gmaps, by the way..

Guest eman006
I agree. I insatlled Gmaps And WLS immediately after getting the BJ2 and they worked

out-of-the-box, no hacks/no changes. I simply chose the Intermediate Driver and Set by Windows

settings.

I do like WLS better than Gmaps, by the way..

I agree with you. WLS is better in the User Interface especially with the "Speak" function to find your destination, although I found that you have to go to "Directions" most of the time in order for WLS to find your address; the home screen usually doesn't find the address for some reason - very strange.

I did compare the BJII's / WLS tracking capability with the GPS navigation in my car (Honda) and it was spot on. The only issue is that the direction that your facing is not accurate when you're at a standstill, but when you start moving, the direction hones itself back to the true direction.

One thing that I did like about Google maps is that you're able to get the traffic overlay on your map when you're navigating. I'm sure WLS will add this in future rev's.