T-Mobile UK Data Connection problems

Guest pjam001

3G now seems to be working fine when I'm at home. I switched it on earlier and haven't had any problems at all - both data and voice are going through without dropping. How're you getting on Taffowl?

Guest taffowl
3G now seems to be working fine when I'm at home. I switched it on earlier and haven't had any problems at all - both data and voice are going through without dropping. How're you getting on Taffowl?

Since yesterday my 3g, voice and data has been much much better. I've not had a call back from t-mobile yet but suspect that they have done something to the local network. fingers crossed it continues!

Guest ant_thomas
Since yesterday my 3g, voice and data has been much much better. I've not had a call back from t-mobile yet but suspect that they have done something to the local network. fingers crossed it continues!

I think I'll turn 3G back on now and see if I have any more issues.

Guest beermonstermatt

I am getting the same problem in Taunton, Somerset. Never used to happed a couple of months ago, but now if I have 3g switched on I cant make or receive calls. Not sure when it happened exactly as for the last few months I have been keeping the phone in 2g for most of the time to save battery and only switching to 3g when I want to surf (2g is fast enough for my push email)

Guest ant_thomas

Anyone else has anymore problems?

My 3G was fine for a few days then messed up again last night with a call not getting through and a text not getting through until I went to GSM then turned the phone stack off and on again.

• 2 months later...
Guest ant_thomas

I'm back in Sheffield after Easter hols and the 3G is still playing up.

When having it turned on I don't get SMS messages until I turn it off or turn the Radio off and back on, or go to uni and end up on a different cell tower.

Definitely to do with the Cell Tower near the top of Springvale Road.

Guest pete_thomson

I get the occasional problem in that I have to stop and restart an app where it just doesn't connect dispite looking like it is.... and I've had a few instances in the last week of people going striaght to voicemail or getting number unobtainable when I have seemingly OK signal.

• 2 weeks later...

Since January I have had the same problem, T-mobile / MDA Vario III. Tech Support told me to go to

Settings

Phone

Band

Select your network type - reset to GSM

Tech support reported no issues with the local masts, other than that a lock was broken on a local mast's cabinet.... Ho

Then it works - sometimes, which is highly unsatisfactory. TELEPHONY DOESN'T WORK EITHER when the data connection drops. All appears normal, but it isn't!

The local T-Mobile shop said other customers had had similar problems after having been abroad, which I had....

Anyone else? Sometimes I can get HSDPA connection by rebooting. Problem often occurs after going into standby.

Am in Edgware, by J4 M1, but get the problem eveywhere. Decent signal. Phone was new in December.

Pure idle thought, could it be F-Secure causing the problem?

Wake up T-Mobile.

Guest mclay
Since January I have had the same problem, T-mobile / MDA Vario III. Tech Support told me to go to

Settings

Phone

Band

Select your network type - reset to GSM

Tech support reported no issues with the local masts, other than that a lock was broken on a local mast's cabinet.... Ho

Then it works - sometimes, which is highly unsatisfactory. TELEPHONY DOESN'T WORK EITHER when the data connection drops. All appears normal, but it isn't!

The local T-Mobile shop said other customers had had similar problems after having been abroad, which I had....

Anyone else? Sometimes I can get HSDPA connection by rebooting. Problem often occurs after going into standby.

Am in Edgware, by J4 M1, but get the problem eveywhere. Decent signal. Phone was new in December.

Pure idle thought, could it be F-Secure causing the problem?

Wake up T-Mobile.

I am getting this problem as well. I even hard resetted the phone. Nothing has changed about the phone at all, no updates or anything. Something must have changed at the t-mobile end.... If anyone gets any joy out of them, let me know....

Guest Starscreamer

I can't seem to connect to any messenger services from Web N Walk. None of the multi IM softwares for wm6 will connect :D

Anyone else havingt his problem? Are messengers blocked by T-Mobile?

Guest brokenm

Maybe this is relevent, maybe it's not...anyway thought I'd just add my 2 cents.

I live in Kenton/Harrow (London) and I had similar issues (no data connection, can't make/receive calls with good signal/no messages etc...) after it had been working fine for some time. Anyway, all services were resumed when I left the area.

It is now OK.

What I did notice that was before the problems my TytnII connected to the 3G network. During the problematic period it would also be attached to the 3G network. When the problems disapeared, my phone now attaches to the HSPCDA network. I assume that the problems were occuring because they were upgrading...although it did take a few weeks!

Don't know that this would be the reason for anyone elses issue but thought it wouldn't hurt to mention.

Guest pete_thomson

Just to add my 2p worth.

I transfered from O2 (where I had no problems other than the 120kbps HSDPA issue) on my TLR flashed phone.

I swapped over to T-Mobile and initially it's been fine, however in the last few weeks I'm finding my phone going to voicemail with perfect signal, and not being able to make/recieve calls. I've noticed that this is the case if i'm currently connected to 3G/HSDPA.

If I try and make a call I'll notice that the HSPDA/3G drops to GPRS, signal disappears and the call fails. Then the signal comes back and reconnects to 3G.

The only times I've had calls go straight to voicemail I've been actively connected to 3G.

If I disable data to NoData, I get no issues at all - Is this a similar issue??

Should I be contacting T-Mobile?

Guest king756

This thread is making some interesting reading.

I to am having problems with my Vario despite having signal.

At work (central Manchester) it seems fine. At home (Warrington) calls have been going straight to answer phone despite having signal, I get text messages several hours after they have been sent to me, I cannot dial out (i just get some annoying sound and it says call ended... wanted to throw the phone at the wall a few times it got that annoying as we have no land line and need to make calls). I also get a pop up every now and again saying no connection, cannot dial. The phone is as stock as the day it was purchased, no custom roms or anything. Sometimes turning the phone off so it goes to flight mode then enabling it again works... well eventually.

Not had chance to phone T Mobile, I was going to pop into one of their shops on dinner today but it sounds like I wont get very far.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest DLittle
This thread is making some interesting reading.

I to am having problems with my Vario despite having signal.

At work (central Manchester) it seems fine. At home (Warrington) calls have been going straight to answer phone despite having signal, I get text messages several hours after they have been sent to me, I cannot dial out (i just get some annoying sound and it says call ended... wanted to throw the phone at the wall a few times it got that annoying as we have no land line and need to make calls). I also get a pop up every now and again saying no connection, cannot dial. The phone is as stock as the day it was purchased, no custom roms or anything. Sometimes turning the phone off so it goes to flight mode then enabling it again works... well eventually.

Not had chance to phone T Mobile, I was going to pop into one of their shops on dinner today but it sounds like I wont get very far.

That is interesting, I've been having this issue since the start of May and I live in Manchester.

Started with my N95, hoped I could sort it out with a new phone and when I got my vario III it initially worked great but now I'm having all sorts of calling and texting issues.

Bloody annoying, kind of wish I'd gone back to O2.

Is it possible to have a shortcut that flicks between GSM mode and 3g mode?