ActiveSync 4.5 "allow usb-connections"

Guest Tosty_82

Guest Tosty_82

I hope this is the tight topic, couldn't find any other place specificly suitable.

I'm using ActiveSync 4.5 @ home and @ work.

My work-pc does remember to "allow usb-connections" (in dutch: USB-verbindingen toestaan), my home-computer turns of the options every time te program is started.

I search microsoft, but i cannot find an answer.

Anyone has a clue how to make ActiveSync remember to allow USB-connections.

See screenshot, what option i'm referring to.

post-151887-1199718864_thumb.jpg

Guest Tosty_82

Maybe if somebody else has this problem, i did some research.

I found the value ConnectTypesAllowed in these keys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows CE Services

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows CE Services.

At a Citrix-support-site i found an explaination of the possible settings.

Currently i'm testing with Sysinternals - Regmon to check what/when this value resets the setting to OFF (0).

Note: The official English setting is "Allow USB connection with this desktop computer" and the dutch text "USB-verbindingen toestaan".

• 3 months later...
Guest Tosty_82

I tried a lot of things over the last period, but i keeps unchecking "allow usb-connections".

Anyone got a clue?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Tosty_82
I tried a lot of things over the last period, but i keeps unchecking "allow usb-connections".

Anyone got a clue?

I was trying again to fix this. (reinstalling activesync doe not help). I'm looking for a tool to monitor/log/block changes on a specific registrykey/value. I tried sysinternals regmon but it monitors ALL activity an i cannot findout what process resets the setting (and i cannot monitor buring (re)login of (re)boot.

• 2 months later...
Guest forsberg
I was trying again to fix this. (reinstalling activesync doe not help). I'm looking for a tool to monitor/log/block changes on a specific registrykey/value. I tried sysinternals regmon but it monitors ALL activity an i cannot findout what process resets the setting (and i cannot monitor buring (re)login of (re)boot.

I have had the same problem for a long time now.

Thanks to your Regkeys i did a change that i think will work. I havent tested it yet but im pretty sure this will work.

I change the user privilege on just ConnectTypesAllowed in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows CE Services only.

(if it doesnt work ill change HKLM also)

I removed 'Administrators' and put myself as the only one to have privs to change that regkey.

Thats becasue i have been googling around and found that alot of people that have this type of problem usually have multiple user on the computer, like i have.

Some says that its because of the Fast User Switching feature.

So i thought that its maybe my wifes profile that do the changes everytime she logs in.

Mark the key you want to change and go to the menu Edit -> User Rights (or what its called in dutch/english) and click it

From there you have to do the changes.

Backup your registry before you do any changes.

If you go wrong here you wont be able to uninstall that regkey in an easy way.

Since im not so often here you have to send me an pm that you have posted some questions or answers Here.

Other people need to know if we figure this out.

:D

Edited by forsberg

Guest forsberg

......Progress report!......

I have been testing and testing and really trying to get it to fail, or what you would call it.

My USB setting are not changing.

Well, it has only been 3 days now, but im pretty sure this did the trick.