TheLostSoul's Thread of Tips

Guest thelostsoul

Guest thelostsoul
thanks that explained for me. now do i need still to keep the cab on my mem card for it to work? and after i installed it a messaged poped up and said something about an old version and it may not work right. do i need to worry about that?

No, you may delete the cab without having any issues. It is safe to ignore the message about it being for an older version of Windows.

for saving all your contacts does anyone know if there is an option to "copy contacts" to my sim card? if so how do i do it?

Internally, it's not possible. But I found this app:

http://www.marauderzstuff.com/programs/m2s...py/default.aspx

But I'm not sure it works on the BJII or if supports copying both ways. There's probably another app out there somewhere....

what do i do when it says

"GPSTEST is not a valid windows ce application"

Which GPSTest are you trying to run? What file did you execute?

Perhaps you download the PC Installer? Run that on your PC while your device is connected if that's the case...

ok, when using the media player if you try to do anything else on the phone it turns the media player off. Is there a way to change it so it will play untill i push stop on the media player?

Guest combustion

okay for the GPS "fix"... I installed everything and I get a signal when I run GPSTest... but when I start up google maps and try to find location using GPS, it doesnt find anything (just says seeking satelites 0).... am I supposed to leave it on auto in settings or manually set it to com4 etc?? both dont seem to work regardless.

Guest thelostsoul
ok, when using the media player if you try to do anything else on the phone it turns the media player off. Is there a way to change it so it will play untill i push stop on the media player?

This has been discussed here:

http://www.modaco.com/content/Samsung-i617...m/264141/music/

okay for the GPS "fix"... I installed everything and I get a signal when I run GPSTest... but when I start up google maps and try to find location using GPS, it doesnt find anything (just says seeking satelites 0).... am I supposed to leave it on auto in settings or manually set it to com4 etc?? both dont seem to work regardless.

Are you exiting GPS Test? Once GPS Test acquires a signal, press the home or end key to go to the home screen, then launch Google Maps. Don't close GPS Test.

Guest combustion
This has been discussed here:

http://www.modaco.com/content/Samsung-i617...m/264141/music/

Are you exiting GPS Test? Once GPS Test acquires a signal, press the home or end key to go to the home screen, then launch Google Maps. Don't close GPS Test.

yeah its still on in the background, am I supposed to change the google gps settings to com4 or leave it default?

Guest thelostsoul
yeah its still on in the background, am I supposed to change the google gps settings to com4 or leave it default?

Try them both. Auto and COM4...they both worked for me though...

Guest combustion
Try them both. Auto and COM4...they both worked for me though...

when you tried this with google maps about how long did it take to locate satellites (with GPSTest running) ?

Guest thelostsoul

Varied greatly. If I was outside in an open area, clear sky, it'd get a signal in about 2 minutes. If the conditions were less ideal, it took up to 10 minutes.

Guest combustion

it works, once I set the google maps gps manually and waited about 5 mins it started working.... also when I tried it again later it worked instantly.. thanks for the help!

I have a problem with doing these removals. I have the registry editor installed on my device but i can't seem to find any of these. When i go to sounds to take off the 300KB limiter, i cant find FileSizeLimit. Same with the SMS Sent message, i go to inbox but there is no settings. any help please! thanks

Remove the 300KB limit on Ringtones

# Go into HKEY_Current User → ControlPanel → Sounds

# Delete the key of FileSizeLimit

Get rid of the annoying SMS Sent message

RegKey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings

Create DWORD as SMSNoSentMsg with a value to 1

i cant seem to find settings on the SMS sent msg... can you please tell me where i can find that? i tried putting it in the inbox and sent a message but the notification still came so its not working in there.

thanks

I'd also like to know how to keep the player running. Any one out there smart enough to hack this?

Guest Buggywhips
I'd also like to know how to keep the player running. Any one out there smart enough to hack this?

Have you tried opening media player - click on menu - click on options - click on playback - uncheck "pause playback while using another program." ???

My playlist continues to play regardless of what program I am running. The only time it turns off is when I get a phone call or press stop.

Guest drummerbones
i cant seem to find settings on the SMS sent msg... can you please tell me where i can find that? i tried putting it in the inbox and sent a message but the notification still came so its not working in there.

thanks

I am also in need of an answer to this question. I don't see settings anywhere under Inbox.

This would be so handy.

Thanks also.

Guest shutter13
I am also in need of an answer to this question. I don't see settings anywhere under Inbox.

This would be so handy.

Thanks also.

Maybe this will help.

I use Mobile Registry Editor for my regedits, so your editor may look a bit different.

1) Navigate to: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Inbox

SMS1.jpg

2) Create a new key “Settings” Without the quotes

SMS2.jpg

3) Create a new DWORD value “SMSNoSentMsg” and set the value to 1 (in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings)

SMS3.jpg

SMS4.jpg

SMS5.jpg

4) Restart your phone.

thank you sooo much, i really appreciate this... but something i've noticed, the phone types slower, is that suppose to happen or what? its not that big of a deal so im not worried, but its starting to pick up again like normal speeds

Guest ice5192

(Thanks: ATT Boards: CaptainAmerica)

i did this i get an error saying the file size is to big needs to be 0 kb

Guest shutter13

(Thanks: ATT Boards: CaptainAmerica)

i did this i get an error saying the file size is to big needs to be 0 kb

Your not supposed to delete the key, your supposed to delete the value of the key. When you delete the key itself you get just what you got, a 0KB filesize limit.

You need to go back to

HKEY_Current User → ControlPanel → Sounds

Create a new DWORD Value

Value Name = FileSizeLimit

Value Data = 10307200 (this is how I do this hack, simply add a 10 at the beginning of the value data.)