HTC Touch Dual Notification LED's

Guest vince06

Guest vince06

Question to all Touch Dual users...

In the manual, it states, "Right LED: Shows Green and Amber lights for HSDPA/UMTS/GSM/GPRS/EDGE standby, message, and network status as well as for notification and battery charging status..."

My previous phone was the O2 Graphite, and its Notification LED would blink red when I have an unread SMS message or a missed call notification. Otherwise, it would blink yellow/green.

I can't figure out the Notification LED (Right LED) for the Touch Dual though. Sure, I can see that the it blinks a yellow/green light when it is on normal standby, and that it gives a constant amber light when it is charging.

But sometimes I see the amber light blinking, although I can't tell what exactly triggers this, because it's not consistent, i.e. sometimes it happens when I get a new SMS message or missed call, but sometimes even when i get a new SMS message, it still blinks in yellow/green color!

At least with the Graphite I had no trouble figuring out what the red blinking light means, versus when the light was blinking yellow/green... with the Touch Dual i get confused!

Can anyone help shed some light on my confusion with the lights? :(

Edited by vince06

Guest vince06
Question to all Touch Dual users...

In the manual, it states, "Right LED: Shows Green and Amber lights for HSDPA/UMTS/GSM/GPRS/EDGE standby, message, and network status as well as for notification and battery charging status..."

My previous phone was the O2 Graphite, and its Notification LED would blink red when I have an unread SMS message or a missed call notification. Otherwise, it would blink yellow/green.

I can't figure out the Notification LED (Right LED) for the Touch Dual though. Sure, I can see that the it blinks a yellow/green light when it is on normal standby, and that it gives a constant amber light when it is charging.

But sometimes I see the amber light blinking, although I can't tell what exactly triggers this, because it's not consistent, i.e. sometimes it happens when I get a new SMS message or missed call, but sometimes even when i get a new SMS message, it still blinks in yellow/green color!

At least with the Graphite I had no trouble figuring out what the red blinking light means, versus when the light was blinking yellow/green... with the Touch Dual i get confused!

Can anyone help shed some light on my confusion with the lights? :)

anyone else experiencing the same thing on their touch dual? i just wanna make sure that my unit's not defective. hope it's not. :D

Here is a key in priority order, this means that an event at the top of the list takes priority and overrides any event below itself. For example, if a message is recieved whilst device is plugged in the LED will blink amber instead of remaining constantly green. Once the message is checked the LED will resume it's previous state.

Right LED:

-Unread SMS/MMS/Email or unchecked missed call/Voice mail == Amber(Blinking)

-Plugged in and charging == Amber(Constant)

-Plugged in and fully charged == Green(Constant)

-Connected to network(Normal GSM, doesn't indicate a data connection)(This is the most common state) == Green(Blinking)

The left LED blinks blue when bluetooth is turned on, incidentally the two LEDs are synchronised if both are blinking(Which used to be a major annoyance of mine on smartphone).

As a side note some older smartphones' blue LEDs used to blink during power on to indicate that the device was busy starting up :)

Guest vince06
Here is a key in priority order, this means that an event at the top of the list takes priority and overrides any event below itself. For example, if a message is recieved whilst device is plugged in the LED will blink amber instead of remaining constantly green. Once the message is checked the LED will resume it's previous state.

Right LED:

-Unread SMS/MMS/Email or unchecked missed call/Voice mail == Amber(Blinking)

-Plugged in and charging == Amber(Constant)

-Plugged in and fully charged == Green(Constant)

-Connected to network(Normal GSM, doesn't indicate a data connection)(This is the most common state) == Green(Blinking)

The left LED blinks blue when bluetooth is turned on, incidentally the two LEDs are synchronised if both are blinking(Which used to be a major annoyance of mine on smartphone).

As a side note some older smartphones' blue LEDs used to blink during power on to indicate that the device was busy starting up :)

my touch dual isn't following this order! in fact when i get a new sms or missed call, very seldom will it blink in amber. it just keeps on blinking green! does this mean that my hardware is defective and i need to have it replaced??

Guest vince06
my touch dual isn't following this order! in fact when i get a new sms or missed call, very seldom will it blink in amber. it just keeps on blinking green! does this mean that my hardware is defective and i need to have it replaced??

just figured this out. was just a setting i had to change! whew

Apologies, I am so used to smartphones that I had forgotten that the blink led box must be ticked under sounds and notifications for it to work. Hope my guide didn't confuse you too much :S

Guest vince06
Apologies, I am so used to smartphones that I had forgotten that the blink led box must be ticked under sounds and notifications for it to work. Hope my guide didn't confuse you too much :S

no worries. thanks for your help, appreciate it!