Windows Live displaying '30 day trial' prompts?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Screenshot added to first post, taken from a freshly hard reset Touch Dual 20.

Seems once you've seen the message with an account once, you won't see it again... i.e. it's account specific, not device specific.

P

PS You won't believe how much grief it was getting that screenshot :(

Guest Dumdidum

Not happening here in Switzerland on WM 6 (both C600 and HTC Universal)

Think that network operators are behind that, dont think that microsoft needs these $ and unhappy users...

Edited by Dumdidum

Guest Alsicole

Just saw this, checked my Samsung SGH i600, and hey presto, there it was. I'm on T-mobile with W&WPlus. My i600 is running WM6. I don't really use this very much, so I'd be really annoyed to have to maintain a fee for something that I only really need when I'm out of the office.

Guest Alsicole
With free IM clients that provide pretty much the same, I wouldn't pay on principle.

Its not like the m6 toll that I will pay for as it provides a unique service.,

The question is whether you're paying for use of the Messenger Client or for the Messenger Service. If you're paying for the service, presumably it will stop working with third party clients too. Might be worth asking someone like Shape Services if they're aware of this coming in.

Guest owziee

I've had that message for over a month and now a message says I have to pay a monthly fee to continue using it so I can't log into wlm normaly anymore... But I've found a solution which works for me atleast via wifi.... biggrin.gif

Reboot your device and disable the "phone" in commgr (enable flight mode), enable wifi and log in to live messenger... Should work fine, does for me atleast.

Then while logged in it's ok to enable the "phone" again and you'll stay logged in to wlm aswell... Only problem is that you need to go trough the same procedure everytime... Reboot, disable "phone" & log in via wifi....

Good luck, I hope it works for you aswell...

Guest kyrkesmith
Just tried and get no issues.

o2 XDA Graphite, WM6

Rom UK_v3.40_XB_070711

Same here; Xda Graphite with Windows Mobile 6. I haven't used the account on my mobile for about 3 months, but nothing came up when I signed in.

Guest Electronic Punk

Got it on my Vodafone v1615 - running stock HTC rom (messenger didn't even come with the Vodafone one).

Also left a message to some MS friends who might be able to get some information.

Guest gavinfabl
I'm on O2 with an XDA Stellar and I don't get the message.

Just got it on MDA Touch using T-Mobile.

My questions is I used the Windows Live to get hotmail email integrated into the messaging app. Does this get affected?

I dont use instant messaging when I am out and about, but I do have a license for IM plus, so I wonder if this will work.

Outreageous.

Guest hotphil
Got it on my Vodafone v1615 - running stock HTC rom (messenger didn't even come with the Vodafone one).

Also left a message to some MS friends who might be able to get some information.

In the same boat with my V1615. Can't believe they'd pull this stunt. They must be off their rockers. If I'm gonna pay for it, it had better remove all adverts from my HoTMaiL, PC-Messenger and everything else of theirs I use.

Can someone point me in the way of freeware alternatives? I used to use Agile Messenger a few devices back - is is still around/any good etc?

Guest tsutton
Ta - I'll give that a shot and get rid of the Live software.

I'm not going to remove it until Microsoft confirmed it.

They haven't announced it yet, so I suspect it could be a mistake...

Guest spmwinkel

Not sure if I'm doing the right steps, but if I open Windows Live on my HTC TyTn II, Orange, from the Netherlands, I don't get any messages right away. Also not when siging into Messenger.

Windows Live 10.6.0031.2600

Guest hotphil

I'll keep an eye and if it is a mistake I can always re-install. Does seem an absolutely mind-bogglingly crazy decision for MS to make, it puts barriers in the way of one of THE major reasons consumers might chose a WinMo device. They'll be many business users who are incensed.

Guest Killian
Just got it on MDA Touch using T-Mobile.

My questions is I used the Windows Live to get hotmail email integrated into the messaging app. Does this get affected?

I dont use instant messaging when I am out and about, but I do have a license for IM plus, so I wonder if this will work.

Outreageous.

I'd be quite interested to know this too, I've got my Vario III coming tomorrow and I was looking forward to finally being able to use push email for free with Hotmail.

Paul said earlier that it only seems to come up with Messenger, I never use messenger so would the push hotmail be affected? I may have to go with gmail and emoze if so. Good times!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.