Hardreset my S730

Guest homerjs_77

Guest homerjs_77

Hi at all...

I looked in the pinned topic "Hard Reset your Smartphone", but i don't know, what the "HTC S730" is also called. And with Google i didn't find anything about a hardreset of the S730.

Does anyone in here know, how to do it? Would be fine, if he could tell me :(

And a second question...

When updating the weather-forecast in the HTC Homescreen, the phone always tries the connection via GPRS. But when I'm at home and have my phone connected through WiFi with broadband-internet I want to use the WiFi-Connection to update. Can i force the phone to use Wifi instead of GPRS? Is there a way?

Thx a lot 4 help...

homerjs_77

Hi at all...

I looked in the pinned topic "Hard Reset your Smartphone", but i don't know, what the "HTC S730" is also called. And with Google i didn't find anything about a hardreset of the S730.

Does anyone in here know, how to do it? Would be fine, if he could tell me :(

And a second question...

When updating the weather-forecast in the HTC Homescreen, the phone always tries the connection via GPRS. But when I'm at home and have my phone connected through WiFi with broadband-internet I want to use the WiFi-Connection to update. Can i force the phone to use Wifi instead of GPRS? Is there a way?

Thx a lot 4 help...

homerjs_77

For reset your phone to default settings there is an utility in "Start\Expert\Clear Storage".

For your connection type I suppose that weather forecast is based on Pocket IE connection settings; to modify this settings you must go on "Start\Settings\Connection", click on "Menu\Advanced" and set the connection type (if you set automatic the phone use Wi-Fi if it's turned on and use UMTS/GPRS instead)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Espensodal
Hi at all...

Does anyone in here know, how to do it? Would be fine, if he could tell me :)

And a second question...

Thx a lot 4 help...

homerjs_77

for hard reset of your device, you can follow the above option, or if your phone crashed, you can: Shut down your phone, press both softbuttons and hold them down while turning on your phone, hold the until a message appears asking you to press send to hard reset your phone. follow onscreen intructions

for hard reset of your device, you can follow the above option, or if your phone crashed, you can: Shut down your phone, press both softbuttons and hold them down while turning on your phone, hold the until a message appears asking you to press send to hard reset your phone. follow onscreen intructions

I tried this and I cant get it to wark, can you say again what I need to do to do a hard reset

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest madferret

Is your phone still operational? If it is press the start button, select the icon named Expert then the icon Clear Storage. Enter 1234 when prompted.

Is your phone still operational? If it is press the start button, select the icon named Expert then the icon Clear Storage. Enter 1234 when prompted.

Thanks for the info . But I wanted to do a hard reset. The trick is to just momentairly press the on/off switch as you hold down both of the soft buttons. You must continue to hold both of those down until you see a message on the screen. :)

• 1 year later...