Hold camera button, plug in USB, then white screen???

Guest senkuo

I was trying to update my T-Mobile SDA to WM6 using steps in http://karhoe.byethost33.com/content/view/35/1/ and files from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...330709&page=25.

When running Patched_RUU, it hanged for more than 20 minutes. I stopped the program, and turned the phone off.

Turned the phone on again, see the 3-color screen bootloader, plugged in USB, re-run Pathced_RUU. It ran so quickly to 100%, then the phone turned off by itself.

But for the next step when I need to hold the camera button and plug in the USB, the bootloader didn't come up... only a white screen.

The same white blank screen appears when trying to hard reset.

Need help... confused.gif

Thanks in advanced!

Guest awarner (MVP)

Presumably you have the the SDA II which is similar to the C550? and not the original SDA which is a different device and has a different posting section on MoDaCo.

Sounds like you have tried to use an incompatable ROM and have now bricked your device.

Unfortunately playing with unauthorised ilegal ROMs can have the side effect of killing devices, any ROM update must be hardware compatable with the intended device.

Guest awarner (MVP)

That would explain it then as the US version of the SDA has a different processor to the C550 and ROMs would not be compatible.

Unfortunately the phone is definitely a goner then and can only be revived by sending it to an HTC repair center.

The C550 is an HTC Hurricane and the SDA USA version is the HTC Tempo which is similar to the HTC Douton but with WM5 as standard.

That would explain it then as the US version of the SDA has a different processor to the C550 and ROMs would not be compatible.

Unfortunately the phone is definitely a goner then and can only be revived by sending it to an HTC repair center.

The C550 is an HTC Hurricane and the SDA USA version is the HTC Tempo which is similar to the HTC Douton but with WM5 as standard.

That's too bad. Time for looking for a replacement then.

Anyways, thanks for the verification, awarner & dskid807.

Guest dskid807

Try to get it into bootloader mode without the usb cable. It's just a guess as some devices can be temperamental bricks. My PSP was like that. As was my krzr.