Can't delete text messages!!!

Guest djsky

Strange one here... i've been getting a "Storage memory low" message for a while, so went to delete some of my 750 text messages in inbox and sent items... but no matter what I do, every time i switch the phone off and back on again, they all re-appear.

The only way I can do it is by deleting two, switching the phone off and then back on, then deleteing these two from the "Deleted items" folder and then switching it off and on again....

Gonna take some time to get rid of 750 odd messages.

Any ideas?

Similar thing happens with outlook email messages (Sync'd with exchange) If I delete more than two, then sync with active sync, switch off and back on again, they re-appear.

How are you switching off?

I suspect by using the stylus in the soft-reset hole.

Delete your messages, then power down by holding the power button. Restart and they should now be gone

NO!!!

I've tried both ways, but the way i've been continually doing it is by holding the power button, then selecting "Yes" that I want to switch off.

Even tried ending the "Messages" process before each switch off in the "Running programs" section.

I only have 0.65 Mb free in my phone storage. Programs space has 28 Mb free.

The only thing I think may be using all the space is my pocket business contact manager. which I need... but i don't need 750 text messages.

I've no pictures or videos on the phone, apart from the orange ones you can't delete.

I'm Stumped.

Oh...Thought that was it, it does happen :(

750 messages would probably be the culprit, although I can't think of another reason why they won't go for you.

Hopefully someone else can offer you more help than I have, which is none at all it seems :D

Guest Monolithix

If you rename cemail.vol on the device it'll nuke all your messages in every folder, and then you can delete it after a restart. But of a heavy handed solution though :/