P2P web streaming on your HTC Hermes?

Guest southeastblue

Guest southeastblue

Just a quick one here, not sure if anyone knows but can you stream live TV to your Pocket PC (in my case HTC Hermes) in the same way you can to a desktop PC/laptop?

Just that I watch alot of Chelsea games through foreign (mainly Asian) TV channels, and woul much rather sit there with my mobile PDA than with my laptop.

If you know of any software then post away! :)

Guest pd.ryder

Yeah, you can. Just point Pocket IE at the webstream in the same way as you would IE on your PC. WMP should open and play the stream for you full screen.

:D

EDIT: Post the link and we'll all have a go :)

Edited by pd.ryder

Guest southeastblue

Well the streams I use are generally opened with particular software that's downloaded before hand.

I know if you open the links I use in Explorer or Firefox on the PC it opens a particular program to play it.

I'm unsure of how to watch these links directly from my browser, I don't think it's possible. The channels I mostly watch are Shanghai Sports, Star Sports, and www.Adhtre.Fr (I think) as these are the channels that usually show the Chelsea games.

Anyone know of any web links for them channes then please show me them! :)

Edited by southeastblue

Guest pd.ryder

Hmm, you've got me thinking now.

I'll hhave a look into this myself :)

The old TCPMP used to be very good for streaming 'stuff' and was free, but thats a pay-for app now. I'm into 'finding' TV streams so I'll have a look at what streaming type these channels use etc.

Can't be more help right now... :D

Guest southeastblue
Hmm, you've got me thinking now.

I'll hhave a look into this myself :D

The old TCPMP used to be very good for streaming 'stuff' and was free, but thats a pay-for app now. I'm into 'finding' TV streams so I'll have a look at what streaming type these channels use etc.

Can't be more help right now... :D

Cool.

The programs on the comp I used for P2P streaming are TVAnts & Sopcast if you can dig anything up to make them work on windows mobile.

:)

Guest pd.ryder

Looks like its flv - flash video - and although I've installed the Adobe / Macromedia flash player (available here) I haven't had a lot of luck with it on sites like YouTube etc.

I seem to remember reading something on this site about flv a little while ago so it might be worth a Search.

EDIT: There is a mobile app for p2p somewhere - I'll have a dig around...

Edited by pd.ryder

Guest southeastblue
Looks like its flv - flash video - and although I've installed the Adobe / Macromedia flash player (available here) I haven't had a lot of luck with it on sites like YouTube etc.

I seem to remember reading something on this site about flv a little while ago so it might be worth a Search.

EDIT: There is a mobile app for p2p somewhere - I'll have a dig around...

I can get Youtube.com (full website not the mobile one) to work on my Hermes no probs. I installed a fresh install of TCPMP and the flash plugin cab. There's a link to both cab files on another thread made by me on flashing WM6 a few topics down from the top.

If you can find a decent P2P app for Hermes then drop the link please! :D

• 1 month later...
Guest BorisZX6R
I can get Youtube.com (full website not the mobile one) to work on my Hermes no probs. I installed a fresh install of TCPMP and the flash plugin cab. There's a link to both cab files on another thread made by me on flashing WM6 a few topics down from the top.

If you can find a decent P2P app for Hermes then drop the link please! :D

Hi,

did you need to app unlock the hermes somehow? before installing tcpmp and flash bundle ?!

I am trying for the past few days to get it work using the 3g connection and I always get an error.

Could you be so kind and point me in the direction where you downloaded the tcpmp and flash bundle and also the app unlock cab - if that is necessary?!

Thank you!