Colored Iconbar Plugin

Guest RinkuD

SmartToolKit modifies the Start menu to be similar to Windows Xp/Vista, and it also has a feature where it places a clock on the iconbar. That's what makes me think that it wouldn't work with your plugin. Here's a like to the page:

http://www.smartphone-freeware.com/downloa...-1-00-rc07.html

Anyways, how do I check to see if it disables home.exe?

It seems the SmartToolkit includes its own homescreen plugins. That means there is an xml file specific to their homescreen interface which includes the plugin definitions. Changes must go into that file....replacing the entry for the iconbar with the one provided. I don't think home.exe is not disabled, but if you want to check then use a program like Celetask.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest yOitsSpyda

umm.. i need help with this..

after i turned it off and back on, i get a white bar across the top of the phone instead of the plugin.. but the old bar comes up when i go into the start menu..

how do i fix..?

Guest deyanimay

the old bar in the start menu is supposed to be there b/c this only affects the home screen and try changing to the simple theme then back to neo and reboot.

Guest yOitsSpyda

i just did a soft reset, and complelty done it over, and it did the white bar att he top agian.. :\

ahh screw it i give up.. i cant seem to get it

Edited by yOitsSpyda

Sorry guys to keep you waiting. I guess many of you are tired of seeing the black background on the iconbar...colors it has been, and colors it shall be!

plugincolor.JPG

I have the update ready. You should now be able to change the background and any of the notification icons you want. I hope that shall give some room to the long standing artists amongst us.

Instructions and download available here: http://shadowregistryhacks.blogspot.com/20...plugin-v20.html. Enjoy!!

Edited by RinkuD

Guest gbenrus25
Sorry guys to keep you waiting. I guess many of you are tired of seeing the black background on the iconbar...colors it has been, and colors it shall be!

plugincolor.JPG

I have the update ready. You should now be able to change the background and any of the notification icons you want. I hope that shall give some room to the long standing artists amongst us.

Instructions and download available here: http://shadowregistryhacks.blogspot.com/20...plugin-v20.html. Enjoy!!

great work Rinku

i just did a soft reset, and complelty done it over, and it did the white bar att he top agian.. :\

ahh screw it i give up.. i cant seem to get it

I assume you did not have any problems copying and making changes to the file! Once everything was done, did you see the message box asking for confirmation to run the plugin?

Guest yOitsSpyda

no i didnt get the confirmation box?

but i no i didnt have a problem with the other stuff, and but i didnt get a confirmation box, nor a check set as default on the registry eithr

Edited by yOitsSpyda

no i didnt get the confirmation box?

but i no i didnt have a problem with the other stuff, and but i didnt get a confirmation box, nor a check set as default on the registry eithr

Okay! Until you say yes at the confirmation the plugin will not load and you shall get a white bar.

If you used the cab installer then see if the following entry is there in the registry.

In HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{B06A8DAB-E148-40d5-BE8F-3C494ABF3046}\InProcServer32 :

Name: Default, Type: REG_SZ, Value: iconbarplugin.dll

Also, make sure the xml file of your theme has the entry as specified.

If yes, then switch to a theme that does not have the plugin. Reboot. Now load the theme that has the plugin. Go slow with the key press and wait for the confirmation box.

Guest yOitsSpyda

is it suppose to ask for the confirmation box before or after i turn it off..

cause its not asking for the confirmation box, and i got the white bar again..

Guest istokes1

Hi Rinku,

I tried your bar on my Motorola Q9h,its great work by the way :) , The problem i can see its not designed for my phone: the bar is too narrow for the screen and it needs a few more options like HSDPA in the connection S o E G & H, would you be able to make these changes or perhaps you could provide the source so i could have a go at making the changes myself.

Thanks

Ian

Edited by istokes1

Hi Rinku,

I tried your bar on my Motorola Q9h,its great work by the way :) , The problem i can see its not designed for my phone: the bar is too narrow for the screen and it needs a few more options like HSDPA in the connection S o E G & H, would you be able to make these changes or perhaps you could provide the source so i could have a go at making the changes myself.

Thanks

Ian

I am working on adding landscape support to the plugin. Once that is done, I think the plugin will match the Q9h specs (320x240). Glad to know it works outside the Shadow domain.

• 3 weeks later...
I am working on adding landscape support to the plugin. Once that is done, I think the plugin will match the Q9h specs (320x240). Glad to know it works outside the Shadow domain.

This would be a great addition. Right now I'm using it on my Vox. The problem I encounter is that I want de bar to be transparent, so that my background image of the them comes through it. If I change the "CHome_Iconbar_Background.png" to be transparent the background of the bar turns black. I have no experience using transparency. What do I need to change to get this working?

This would be a great addition. Right now I'm using it on my Vox. The problem I encounter is that I want de bar to be transparent, so that my background image of the them comes through it. If I change the "CHome_Iconbar_Background.png" to be transparent the background of the bar turns black. I have no experience using transparency. What do I need to change to get this working?

The iconbar is ready (almost) with support for landscape mode (320x240) as well. The transparency issue has been brought to my attention and it has been resolved. I will have it out in two days.

The iconbar is ready (almost) with support for landscape mode (320x240) as well. The transparency issue has been brought to my attention and it has been resolved. I will have it out in two days.

Thank you very much. I have anotherfeature request but don't know if it is possible. The iconbar plugin seems to work only on the home screen. When you go into a menu or something I still get the normal bar on top.

By the way, the new one work like a charm. Only one question. Is it possible to have the orientation changed when you slide the phone? Normaly I have portrait but when I slide my keyboard open I have landscape. For my background image in my home.xml I have:

Edited by Guest

Guest go-qtek
Attached is the iconbar with landscape and background transparency support!! Instructions are in a Readme in the zip. I hope it will be of use to the non-Shadow community.

Excelent Work RinkuD i've installed the former bar since some days ago and i 've noted that the property for WLMessenger will not show up by incoming messages. You can use those icons for that purpose if you like :-)

WLMicons.zip

Edited by go-qtek

where do you find the /windows folder ??

Its on your phone. If you are able to see it while browsing through the PC, then on My Computer, goto Tools>Folder Options>View and check "Show hidden files and folders".

Excelent Work RinkuD i've installed the former bar since some days ago and i 've noted that the property for WLMessenger will not show up by incoming messages. You can use those icons for that purpose if you like :-)

go-qtek,

The number of notifications are limited in the plugin. The WML notifications are not wanted. With a few more basic changes, I shall be soon be realesing the source code for the plugin. Then perhaps interested users can add more notifications as they want.

Thank you very much. I have anotherfeature request but don't know if it is possible. The iconbar plugin seems to work only on the home screen. When you go into a menu or something I still get the normal bar on top.

By the way, the new one work like a charm. Only one question. Is it possible to have the orientation changed when you slide the phone? Normaly I have portrait but when I slide my keyboard open I have landscape. For my background image in my home.xml I have:

I am not sure how to acheive that. Specially because I do not think the Shadow (only phone which I have) has that feature inbuilt. In any case, releasing the source code would perhaps motivate someone to add such features to it.

Guest the_matrixx

RinkuD - this is off topic but I don't recall where or if there is a topic in here about your my favs mod. i really like it and am glad someone could finish it. i made figured out the beginning pieces but then got stuck. the question i have is when do the notifications or how do they refresh? i have had a missed call and an unread text message for days now.

Guest go-qtek
go-qtek,

The number of notifications are limited in the plugin. The WML notifications are not wanted. With a few more basic changes, I shall be soon be realesing the source code for the plugin. Then perhaps interested users can add more notifications as they want.

Thanks for the answer RinkD, i'll be expecting for it

Guest the dawg
Rinku_Iconbar.zip

Attached is the iconbar with landscape and background transparency support!! Instructions are in a Readme in the zip. I hope it will be of use to the non-Shadow community.

Rinku, you're a genuis! I was hoping you could add a thing or two to complete it for my Moto Q 9h

1. Can you add a 3G bar indicator

2. Can you add SMS/email indicators

3. can you add a speakerphone indicator

Thanks a ton