CamerAware BETA aka 'CamerAware <hearts> Navizon'

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest mwright
So no application change will be needed, it will 'just start working' i'm told.

P

Hmm - in Paul's absence how will we "know" that this is now fixed.

I know I could keep trying - but then I keep losing data/points!

Guest Paul (MVP)

Greetins from the channel tunnel!

Just been informed by Navizon that the fix will be ready shortly!

That's the good news, bad news is there's an updated API, so i'll be issuing RC5 from France just as soon as the new API is made available.

Also in bad news, i've not had a straight answer, but I think all logged points with the dodgy API they shipped wil be lost :-(

P

Guest Andy1984UK

Could someone just point me to where the log is located please? I've looked in Program Files/CamerAware but theres nothing obvious.

I walked around the street last night and found 200APS and 20 cells... All the info was auto synced with navizon but my rewards haven't changed. Should I deactivate the autosync and upload the log manually until the software is working correctly again?

And finally will the information that i gathered last night.. will that be lost or will it still be in the log?

Thanks in advance!

Guest bigdish

The file that gets uploaded is BPDNaploc.dat and lives in the Navizon programme root or the CameraAware root if you were using CA3.

Once you have successfully uploaded it gets deleted.

Multiple loggings without syncing just add to the file which gets created the first time you use after a sync.

A week or so ago when the points prob started I saved this file (created in CA3) and pasted it into Navizon to see if the points would get recognised that way - they did not.

As said a couple of days ago I am using Navizon and receiving points until Paul gives the ok.

r

Andrew

Edited by bigdish

Guest Paul (MVP)

Hey chaps from Paris now :D (Disneyland!)

So... no API from Navizon yet (all geared up to rebuild CA3 when I get it and assuming I can get wifi), but in the interim, I suspect turning off Autosync would mean points are logged and safely stored on disc until such time as the new build is out, after which it'll be safe to upload?

Assuming the disc store format doesn't change of course (which I hope it won't).

Sigh...

P

Guest bigdish

Enjoy France !

I still reckon that any points stored with the old API will fail.

Hope this is not the case .........????

r

Andrew (bonne chance)

Guest kjt57

While we are having trouble with the points, I have re installed Navizon onto my TYTn. Collecting points fine but when I try to sync I get a message "Your Navizon API key is invalid".

Any ideas anyone?

Guest katieC
While we are having trouble with the points, I have re installed Navizon onto my TYTn. Collecting points fine but when I try to sync I get a message "Your Navizon API key is invalid".

Any ideas anyone?

I got this message too. But it seemed only to happen when I was running CA at the same time. If you don't have CA running at the same time, then try removing the navizon program and reloading it. Both worked for me.

Guest Paul (MVP)

Version 3.080311 RC5 'Alpine Edition' now online in first post.

NEW in this build:

- using new provided Navizon API - earning points should now work again!

Please note that I have NOT tested this build myself, as I am out of the country and not driving again until the weekend! Your feedback and testing is appreciated as ever!

IMPORTANT

As this is now a release candidate and not a Beta, it will no longer co-exist with previous versions (non RC) versions. It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you uninstall all previous versions before installing this build, and you will also need to reconfigure your options / credentials after install. If you are using RC1, RC2, RC3 or RC4, you CAN install RC5 over the top.

Finally, as mentioned previously, it's worth doing the 'net CF 3.5' update detailed in this post for improved performance.

Guest mwright

NEW in this build:

- using new provided Navizon API - earning points should now work again!

Hooray!

It seems to be working again - I have earned a few points today.

Cheers Paul.

Guest Andy1984UK

Working for me now as well!

It seems more stable as well in that it doesn't crash when i exit it.

Already got 50 points for turning it on in my house.

Guest kjt57

Tested on a 2 hour trip this morning. Worked fine, also worked perfectly with Tomtom6. :(

Sync worked OK for todays points but did not get the ones I had not synced since last week :D

Guest petec500

I've just installed RC5 over the top of RC4 and initially had problems whereby it wouldn't install on Storage Card or Device. I re-copied the file to my device (HTC Touch) and then it installed ok.

However, when launching CA now, i get a long error message as follows:

"An error message is available for this exception but cannot be displayed because these messages are optional and are not currently installed on this device. Please install ‘NETCFv35.Messages.EN.wm.cab’ for Windows Mobile 5.0 and above or ‘NETCFv35.Messages.EN.cab’ for other platforms. Restart the application to see the message."

I haven't done as it suggests yet, but i've never had this problem before - what's changed?

Guest NuShrike
"An error message is available for this exception but cannot be displayed because these messages are optional and are not currently installed on this device. Please install ‘NETCFv35.Messages.EN.wm.cab’ for Windows Mobile 5.0 and above or ‘NETCFv35.Messages.EN.cab’ for other platforms. Restart the application to see the message."
If you installed NETCFv35 yourself, or you're using one of Dutty's roms, you'll get this error.

I noted and posted a fix in this post:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...;postcount=2680 If you aren't subscribed to XDA, let me know and I'll attach it to this thread.

Edited by NuShrike

Guest Paul (MVP)

So, the only thing to be thought about before this goes final release is the Navizon stats, currently the dual bracketed values make it a bit too wide for the box. I'm pondering splitting Navizon Stats (Since Connect) and Navizon Stats (Since Sync) into two seperate options as the best solution. Thoughts?

P

Guest Shadowfixeruk
So, the only thing to be thought about before this goes final release is the Navizon stats, currently the dual bracketed values make it a bit too wide for the box. I'm pondering splitting Navizon Stats (Since Connect) and Navizon Stats (Since Sync) into two seperate options as the best solution. Thoughts?

Sounds Good to me ...

Guest tsutton

Before leaving for Dublin, I checked for the latest version of CA3 and was told that it was the latest version, which was v3.080225.

So all 600+ miles worth of journey was logged with this.

I did not perform any uploads in Dublin because of roaming charges obviously. I synced it today and it took a while.

Before the sync, I noted down the points I have. Then after the sync, the points are still the same. It has been 2 hours since I synced and the points are still showing the same.

Guest Paul (MVP)

In a nutshell...

- Navizon broke their API

- Navizon took a while to provide a fixed API

- I uploaded a new CA while I was away on 11/03 with the new API (a few days after I got it, giving me to compile, find a bar with WiFi and upload!)

- The new version is confirmed as working, BUT versions prior didn't score points

I asked Navizon on many occasions if the points logged with broken versions were 'lost', with no straight answer, read into that what you will.

P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.