Which should I get?

Guest jefmcg

On new years eve I lost my bag.

Anyway, my Touch was in the bag and (damn it!) uninsured. I've got my old phone for now, but I've resigned myself to buying a new phone.

I loved my touch! So my immediate idea was just to replace it, but then I sometimes found it a little slow and often had to clean up because memory ran low so I started looking at the cruise and dual.

Honestly, the perfect model would be the original touch with faster chip and more memory, but as that's not available I'm looking between the three models.

The main advantage of the basic model is I know I like it, and price. The dual has the keyboard (but I was ok with the touchpal) and has the good looks of the touch. It's lacking wifi, but I only need that when travelling, so could probably live without it. The cruise is appealing as I'd become a big fan of google maps and was thinking of GPS BT accessory. But it's a bit bigger and uglier than the others, and about £120 more in price.

I've found this comparison, any better ones out there?

http://www.esato.com/phones/index.php?phon...335&cp2=334

It's up to me, but if anyone has any comments that may help me chose the best one (or look at something different!), I'd welcome it.

thanks

Edited by jefmcg

Sounds to me that your ideal phone is the Touch Enhanced, which is the original touch with 256MB ROM and 128MB RAM, i.e. double the original.

£305 from expansys

ebay finishing 17th Jan

The Touch dual is a cracker too, but if you need the W-Fi it's a non-starter, plus the screen size is noticeablly smaller.

Thanks for that. Unfortunately the ebay link didn't work. I'm a bit nervous about buying phones on eBay - I've heard rumours of people buying phones, then they stop working as the original owner reported them stolen for insurance and the EMEI gets blocked.

As for the the enhanced ... £45 for an extra 192mb of ram ... and a HK warranty? It's good to know it exists, but I don't think it's the phone for me.

I may be able to relax the wifi requirement - part of the reason I was interested was to make skype calls and they've just changed their billing methods I may choose another way of making international calls so that requirement may relax.

Though the cruise is starting to be very appealing.