i have problem with opera mini

Guest radar84

Guest radar84

i'm new to this phone but thanks to this forum and programs that i was able to finde here i start being happy with my shadow.

I install opera mini on my phone (4.0.10031) and its working great but every time i turn it on i have error (could not finde MIDlet suite s1_ ). after i click OK i have another screen

java and there is opera mini and lounch (left soft button).

After i put addres i have another page (permisson) "untrusted MIDlet Opera Mini wants to send or recive information from //server4.operamini.com:80/. This will requiere the use of airtime wiyh may cost you money. Do you want to allow this? ,

i push yes ans again another page with choise of two radio buttons

*Yes, but ask me next sesion

*Yes, but ask me next time

After that im in and it works mostly without any problems. I don't know if it is just a new version of opera or my mistake.

my question is can i do something to avoid that steps.

another quesion is what do i have to do to use soft button to open opera and my favorite page

i'm new to this phone but thanks to this forum and programs that i was able to finde here i start being happy with my shadow.

I install opera mini on my phone (4.0.10031) and its working great but every time i turn it on i have error (could not finde MIDlet suite s1_ ). after i click OK i have another screen

java and there is opera mini and lounch (left soft button).

After i put addres i have another page (permisson) "untrusted MIDlet Opera Mini wants to send or recive information from //server4.operamini.com:80/. This will requiere the use of airtime wiyh may cost you money. Do you want to allow this? ,

i push yes ans again another page with choise of two radio buttons

*Yes, but ask me next sesion

*Yes, but ask me next time

After that im in and it works mostly without any problems. I don't know if it is just a new version of opera or my mistake.

my question is can i do something to avoid that steps.

another quesion is what do i have to do to use soft button to open opera and my favorite page

I have the same problem. I think I already incurred some charges using it because for some reason when the phone is plugged in it will not let the WiFi stay on. I like Opera better than IE, but I can't get this menu to stop coming up every time I open the browser.

Guest Nightwind Hawk

How are you opening Opera? Do you go to Start --> Java Applications --> Opera Mini?

As for the 2 prompts asking for permission every time, there's nothing that you can do for that. I know - annoying! It's a permission thing that has to do with the java application on the phone. Perhaps you can install another java system? I don't know how to do this or if it will fix it - maybe somebody else here can give us more information.

Guest trickinit
How are you opening Opera? Do you go to Start --> Java Applications --> Opera Mini?

As for the 2 prompts asking for permission every time, there's nothing that you can do for that. I know - annoying! It's a permission thing that has to do with the java application on the phone. Perhaps you can install another java system? I don't know how to do this or if it will fix it - maybe somebody else here can give us more information.

Actually, you can stop it from prompting you. http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6800-xv...et-manager.html

Guest radar84
Actually, you can stop it from prompting you. http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6800-xv...et-manager.html

thank you that helped

for one day only :) it wasn't asking for permision, than i turn of the phone and it start to asking for permision but my opera was working perfect. I checked in home and selector file was restored to original. After i swaped it again with modifide one it gave ma real headache. Opera stop working. I didn't know why, i checked my reg but it looks ok. Every time i chang something and sync it i have some problems.

I solved this problem by changing file to original "selector" file.

Any clue what can cause it? any solution?

• 1 month later...
Guest LoneWolf517

this may be a little off the topic here but i didn't know where to post this question. i have the htc juno/shadow and have IE configured to work over GPRS with the t-zonesweb. i was wondering if opera mini automatically uses these settings to surf the web, so i don't get any of the infamous "additional charges" because it works good and is ALOT faster than IE. and this is why i am concerned "untrusted MIDlet Opera Mini wants to send or recive information from //server4.operamini.com:80/. This will require the use of airtime which may cost you money." is it using my anytime minutes or making a data call and can i change it to work over GPRS instead? thanks in advance!

Guest badbob001
this may be a little off the topic here but i didn't know where to post this question. i have the htc juno/shadow and have IE configured to work over GPRS with the t-zonesweb. i was wondering if opera mini automatically uses these settings to surf the web, so i don't get any of the infamous "additional charges" because it works good and is ALOT faster than IE. and this is why i am concerned "untrusted MIDlet Opera Mini wants to send or recive information from //server4.operamini.com:80/. This will require the use of airtime which may cost you money." is it using my anytime minutes or making a data call and can i change it to work over GPRS instead? thanks in advance!

Opera has no idea what your phone plan is. It's just a generic warning message. It's like a TV show telling you to sms a certain number but warn you that charges may apply. Maybe you're lucky and have unlimited sms in your current plan. They don't know that. :D

On t-mobile, voice calls use minutes. GPRS/Edge connections are unlimited and not charged per minute or byte, though t-zones users may have a 1MB per download limit.

Edited by badbob001

Guest badbob001
thank you that helped

for one day only :D it wasn't asking for permision, than i turn of the phone and it start to asking for permision but my opera was working perfect. I checked in home and selector file was restored to original. After i swaped it again with modifide one it gave ma real headache. Opera stop working. I didn't know why, i checked my reg but it looks ok. Every time i chang something and sync it i have some problems.

I solved this problem by changing file to original "selector" file.

Any clue what can cause it? any solution?

The default java on the shadow is jeodek. The link provided mentions using jbed. The article also mentions that the permission hack only works with jbed.

Also, i wasn't able to get opera mini to work over tzones until i installed jbed.

Edited by badbob001

Guest LoneWolf517

awesome thats exactly what i needed to know!! thanks badbob! opera is so much faster i thought it was using a different type of connection. anyone who is thinking about using it should atleast give it a try. just one more thing is there a version of jbed specific to the juno? i am using Cloudyfa_EsmertecJbed.cab before the most recent update. my only problem is the menu displays funny.