New ROM for Euro Q9H available (R2W.61.1.A EMEA)

Guest sermann

Guest sermann

Hi,

I have not seen it posted anywhere else, but Motorola has released a new ROM for the Euro Q9H.

Major changes I've noticed:

* Windows Live;

* Windows Mobile Messenger;

* A nice "Welcome Wizard";

* Help and Quick Start application;

* The voice button now toggles the Speakerphone on/off

* Can use the phone as a Bluetooth PC remote control (Powerpoint and Windows Media Player)

* Keyboard lock with "home", "space"

* Phone settings menu reworked

* Automatic or selectable language dictionary;

* Audio Enhancements (Spacial Audio, Bass Boost)

* Packet Data Counter

New bugs:

* After installation, phone restarted in Italian, but could be changed to UK in the settings;

* Z and Y keys are inverted (I have a Swiss (QWERTZ) and not UK (QWERTY) Q9H);

* Reboots by itself every couple of days;

Still existing bugs:

* Voice recognition still fails with "Out of Memory Error" when many contacts;

It is available from your national www.hellomoto.*** (www.hellomoto.fr, www.hellomoto.co.uk, ...) under Software update. A more direct link: http://direct.motorola.com/ENG/SoftwareUpd...%20Data%20Cable .

Still no Wifi, no GPS, no possibility to disable UMTS (to save battery).

I have been running it for about a week now and am very happy about the upgrade.

From Settings > Phone Information:

Carrier:

RDRO

AP:

01.07.28R

APFlex:

EMEANORMANRDROQWETYIT000d

Language Pack:

BuildTime:

Tue_12/18/2007

BP:

MODEM4_U_40.03.05R

BPFlex:

UCNORMANEMEA2W611A_106

DSP:

Notes:

R2W.61.1.A EMEA

From Settings > about:

Windows MobileĀ® 6 Standard

CE OS 5.2.1809 (Build 18322.0.6.1)

Radio Version MODEM4_U_40.03.05R

RIL Version 2.002

[...]

Cheers,

Stephen

Guest Paul (MVP)

When I download the updater, it says I already have the latest s/w, even though it's older than the one above!

Quick question... is there a 'LCAService.dll' file in the Windows directory on the new version?

P

Guest sermann
When I download the updater, it says I already have the latest s/w, even though it's older than the one above!

Quick question... is there a 'LCAService.dll' file in the Windows directory on the new version?

P

Hello Paul,

So, I guess the ROM has not been release for all versions yet. Mine is a Swiss version from July 2007...

No LCAService.dll in the \Windows directory. Sorry.

Best regards,

Stephen

Guest GraemeCR

P

Same here. (I have a "Euro" Q9h as well as the "US" Q9h; tried it for the Euro .)

FWIW:

I found a (Middle East?) ROM - 01.02.43R - which I was able to flash to the Euro Q9h using RSD Lite. My AT&T SIM works with it, so it appears to be unlocked.

I also found a "Vodafone" ROM - 01.00.96I -for the Euro Q 9h, but it will not flash to my phone. "BP flash failed" if I recall correctly. RSD stalls and reports FAIL.

There is a significant difference in the size of the files; 94 Mb for 01.02.43R and 127 Mb for 01.00.96I. CG33 holds the key to that difference; 58 Mb and 92 Mb respectively. All other files are the same size.

Graeme

Guest treeyiu
Same here. (I have a "Euro" Q9h as well as the "US" Q9h; tried it for the Euro .)

FWIW:

I found a (Middle East?) ROM - 01.02.43R - which I was able to flash to the Euro Q9h using RSD Lite. My AT&T SIM works with it, so it appears to be unlocked.

I also found a "Vodafone" ROM - 01.00.96I -for the Euro Q 9h, but it will not flash to my phone. "BP flash failed" if I recall correctly. RSD stalls and reports FAIL.

There is a significant difference in the size of the files; 94 Mb for 01.02.43R and 127 Mb for 01.00.96I. CG33 holds the key to that difference; 58 Mb and 92 Mb respectively. All other files are the same size.

Graeme

hi,

i m a newbie for the moto q,

may i ask,

if i use the rsd lite can flash any version rom to my q9?

and where can i found the rom?

i want a asian rom

thx

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Dumdidum

By the way: you have to have inserted your SIM-Card, else you will get the error message "your devices has already latest software"

One big Bravo that goes out to motorola: You can select to Save all your apps and PIMs before updating the ROM! Bravo, HTC could do the same too...

I always liked what samsung and motorola do "more" than HTC

Guest Dumdidum

Olala: the new rom supports SDHC right away and has Windows Live Messenger (both didnt work/were not there on my old ROM)!

Edited by Dumdidum

Guest voo_doo

Would it be safe to use on a unlocked Q9h from AT&T? I want to get rid of ALL the AT&T settings. I use T-Mobile US.

Is there a difference in "software updates vs ROM"

Edited by voo_doo

Guest the dawg
Hi,

I have not seen it posted anywhere else, but Motorola has released a new ROM for the Euro Q9H.

Major changes I've noticed:

* Windows Live;

* Windows Mobile Messenger;

* A nice "Welcome Wizard";

* Help and Quick Start application;

* The voice button now toggles the Speakerphone on/off

* Can use the phone as a Bluetooth PC remote control (Powerpoint and Windows Media Player)

* Keyboard lock with "home", "space"

* Phone settings menu reworked

* Automatic or selectable language dictionary;

* Audio Enhancements (Spacial Audio, Bass Boost)

* Packet Data Counter

New bugs:

* After installation, phone restarted in Italian, but could be changed to UK in the settings;

* Z and Y keys are inverted (I have a Swiss (QWERTZ) and not UK (QWERTY) Q9H);

* Reboots by itself every couple of days;

Still existing bugs:

* Voice recognition still fails with "Out of Memory Error" when many contacts;

It is available from your national www.hellomoto.*** (www.hellomoto.fr, www.hellomoto.co.uk, ...) under Software update. A more direct link: http://direct.motorola.com/ENG/SoftwareUpd...%20Data%20Cable .

Still no Wifi, no GPS, no possibility to disable UMTS (to save battery).

I have been running it for about a week now and am very happy about the upgrade.

From Settings > Phone Information:

Carrier:

RDRO

AP:

01.07.28R

APFlex:

EMEANORMANRDROQWETYIT000d

Language Pack:

BuildTime:

Tue_12/18/2007

BP:

MODEM4_U_40.03.05R

BPFlex:

UCNORMANEMEA2W611A_106

DSP:

Notes:

R2W.61.1.A EMEA

From Settings > about:

Windows MobileĀ® 6 Standard

CE OS 5.2.1809 (Build 18322.0.6.1)

Radio Version MODEM4_U_40.03.05R

RIL Version 2.002

[...]

Cheers,

Stephen

im using the same rom na version. works like a charm. can disable umts using the bandselect.exe program in the windows folder (create a shortcut n assign a speed dial to it)

Guest jjmartinez

IĀ“ve updated my Q9h to the new ROM.

Unfortunately IĀ“ve discovered a bug in one of the settings. When I try to open the "SMS service center" setting under "Phone" I get a error message stating that the file smsoptionsgsm.cpl.xml cannot be loaded.

IĀ“ve searched such file and there is no trace of it in my Motorola.

ĀæHas anybody experienced the same problem?.

guys does one of know how to get rid of the error called "waiting for sockets comm" which is displayed on the phone display after 49% of flash progress was reached?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GraemeCR
guys does one of know how to get rid of the error called "waiting for sockets comm" which is displayed on the phone display after 49% of flash progress was reached?

I have wrestled with various files (see earlier in this thread) - sometimes receiving an error message like this.

It appears that my variable results (some work, some don't) is related to PC OS and/or RSD Lite version.

A file that would not flash on Windows Vista Ultimate (with RSD Lite 4.1) WILL flash on Windows XP Pro - SP2 (with RSD Lite 3.7)

So your issue may be related to OS. Are you running Vista, for example?

Guest micaels
I have wrestled with various files (see earlier in this thread) - sometimes receiving an error message like this.

It appears that my variable results (some work, some don't) is related to PC OS and/or RSD Lite version.

A file that would not flash on Windows Vista Ultimate (with RSD Lite 4.1) WILL flash on Windows XP Pro - SP2 (with RSD Lite 3.7)

So your issue may be related to OS. Are you running Vista, for example?

I had the same problem. The update stopped at 49 procent with vista. Switched to an xp based computer and it worked without any problem at all.

Guest fire00
I had the same problem. The update stopped at 49 procent with vista. Switched to an xp based computer and it worked without any problem at all.

This is not good to know. I sent it to Motorola service for upgrade. It should be ready in 1 week.

Do you see better audio / voice when on a phone call? How about the upredictable battery indicator? Is this improved?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Darrylp

I bought a Q 9h in Hong Kong on Tuesday and when I got home I discovered it's got Asian ROM (example - Chinese Google) and as I live in Sydney Australia I need to flash to either UK ROM or Australian ROM.

My phone is 100% carrier independent and will thus work with any carrier.

Does the updater here

http://direct.motorola.com/ENG/SoftwareUpd...%20Data%20Cable

enable you to change to other ROM types?

Thanks for the help I'm a real newbie!

Darryl

• 3 months later...
Guest 201eastmain

Darryl,

I also bought a Q9h in Hong Kong, and did a master reset. The only languages left are Chinese. Were you able ot find any flash for the Hong Kong Q9h?

Thanks,

Jim

I bought a Q 9h in Hong Kong on Tuesday and when I got home I discovered it's got Asian ROM (example - Chinese Google) and as I live in Sydney Australia I need to flash to either UK ROM or Australian ROM.

My phone is 100% carrier independent and will thus work with any carrier.

Does the updater here

http://direct.motorola.com/ENG/SoftwareUpd...%20Data%20Cable

enable you to change to other ROM types?

Thanks for the help I'm a real newbie!

Darryl

• 8 months later...
Guest wm_adm
Darryl,

I also bought a Q9h in Hong Kong, and did a master reset. The only languages left are Chinese. Were you able ot find any flash for the Hong Kong Q9h?

Thanks,

Jim

the flash is to large ,

give me your email adds ,and i would send is to you

tips :my email adds is [email protected].

Edited by wm_adm

Guest wm_adm
Darryl,

Thanks,

Jim