Kaiser SIM and CID unlock = FREE

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
variosom.png
If you have a Kaiser and are looking for a SIM unlock, there's now a free solution out there alongside the imei-check paid solution. Created by xda-devs forum member jockyw2001, the process involves:
  • installing HardSPL (this stops you bricking your phone by trashing the bootloader)
  • noting the version of the radio ROM currently installed
  • flashing a patched radio ROM
  • running the unlocker
  • flashing back your original radio ROM

Not a 1 click process, but not exactly rocket science either :)

In addition to the SIM unlock, jockyw2001 has also created a CID unlock tool, which will let you flash on any Kaiser ROM of your choice. Nice work!

You can get the SIM Unlocker in this thread, and the CID unlocker in this thread.

Enjoy :D

P

Guest kburkhart84

I did this process to my at&t tilt, except that instead of installing the original radio after the unlock, I just went to a different cooked/customized rom I found on the same websites as the unlock thingy is. It's Shaps v4.31, something like that, but it works perfect and the only software thing left from at&t is the startup logo, but after that it is all htc and customized, and appears to be a little bit faster than the original that came with it. But yes, I can say the unlock process worked flawlessly, though the only thing is that on windows vista, you have to "downgrade" your USB driver to the XP one for it to work, and you have to enable/disable the USB phone connection at different times during the process, but it DOES work if you do it right. If part of it isn't working, just either enable or disable the USB connection thing in the control panel like the tutorial shows.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.