(SOLVED!) is anyone famaliar with gfDoom configuration?

Guest mikeeey

Guest mikeeey

gfDoom is probably the best doom emulator out there for pocket pc but it lacks some important features, there is no 100% working windows mobile doom emulator out there.

Is anyone famaliar with the gfDoom configuration or how the Doom coding works? seems pretty confusing, and im trying to bind keys to my keyboard, but it seems i can only change the hardware keys and the onscreen keys.

Edited by mikeeey

• 4 weeks later...
Guest puerrican718
gfDoom is probably the best doom emulator out there for pocket pc but it lacks some important features, there is no 100% working windows mobile doom emulator out there.

Is anyone famaliar with the gfDoom configuration or how the Doom coding works? seems pretty confusing, and im trying to bind keys to my keyboard, but it seems i can only change the hardware keys and the onscreen keys.

Hey Mikeey, I use to edit constantly the cfg file for gfdoom loooong time ago. It was around the time I had the XDA Universal and it was a freaking paaaaain in the @ss to code the keyboard man.

I must've took like 2 hours straight trial and error finding the button codes for the keyboard of the device. From what I recall it went based on a # code for each button. For example if A was 225 then S would be 226. I may be wrong it couldve gone by ABC sorting instead of qwerty. I'm pretty sure I still have the .cfg on my pc so I'll take a look. I was gonna do some major testing for the Kaiser as well as I have a ATT Tilt in the mail coming soon.

If you wanna try it yourself work with the Landscape theme it comes with. thats your best bet, change the orientation in the cfg for it to go with the landscape of the device and do some random #s for some of the actions, see which ones hit and miss and work from there. I'll be willing to work with ya once I get my device. Let me know what you come up with.

Guest mikeeey
Hey Mikeey, I use to edit constantly the cfg file for gfdoom loooong time ago. It was around the time I had the XDA Universal and it was a freaking paaaaain in the @ss to code the keyboard man.

I must've took like 2 hours straight trial and error finding the button codes for the keyboard of the device. From what I recall it went based on a # code for each button. For example if A was 225 then S would be 226. I may be wrong it couldve gone by ABC sorting instead of qwerty. I'm pretty sure I still have the .cfg on my pc so I'll take a look. I was gonna do some major testing for the Kaiser as well as I have a ATT Tilt in the mail coming soon.

If you wanna try it yourself work with the Landscape theme it comes with. thats your best bet, change the orientation in the cfg for it to go with the landscape of the device and do some random #s for some of the actions, see which ones hit and miss and work from there. I'll be willing to work with ya once I get my device. Let me know what you come up with.

hey thanks puerican718 i appreciete your reply, but ive already figured it all out, see my video here:

and on xda ive breifly talked about how to do it:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=369438

• 7 months later...
Guest OMOIKANE

gfDOOM is not an emulator, ok?

This is port of DOS game for Windows Mobile.

I don't know how, but gfDOOM working well with iPAQ 6900 builtin keyboard, i am used to see it in metro by my own eyes. Maybe you need to know sdl keycodes for every hardware keyboard's key. Try KEYCODE.EXE utility or Duke Nukem 3d built in feature.

Guest mikeeey
gfDOOM is not an emulator, ok?

This is port of DOS game for Windows Mobile.

I don't know how, but gfDOOM working well with iPAQ 6900 builtin keyboard, i am used to see it in metro by my own eyes. Maybe you need to know sdl keycodes for every hardware keyboard's key. Try KEYCODE.EXE utility or Duke Nukem 3d built in feature.

*sigh*... your right.. it's a port. I used the wrong wording choice.

However if you notice in the title it says SOLVED! in big capital letters lol.

and, i have a video on youtube: