touch screen

Guest Sparky77

Guest Sparky77
Did you have to do any soldering?

yes i followed the instructions by kiddshop + the following

solder the usb controler connect up, test by placing a usb connection into an old computer it found the drivers ok,

after the first part ok then plug the usb into the eeepc load up test.

and then the solding to the usb cable connector

the package came with more cable plugs & socket connectors than you needed.

1 before soldering the final and only soldering to the eeepc

ps this is the first time i have soldered anything, i just spend 1 night soldering an old alarm clock for practice, soldering & desoldering, only after i was happy with my practice did i start with the eeepc,

another tip you could print out the pictures from any forum or kiddshop cd, give your eeepc to a repair shop & get them to do it.

still think that the screen is only going to be any good when software is written for it.

fire fox plug in ok (like iphone touch scrolling)

Guest hasenkopp

Sparky,

if you solder it to the USB port on the left side of the eeepc as shown in the pictures from Kidd...whatever, can you still use this port for an usb device?

thankx

• 1 month later...
Guest eeecop

well see you can have two types of touch screens. the ones where you have to solder it in and the one where you just have to stick it in an extra usb

port whats in the camera, but then you wont be able to use the camera anymore.

this video might help you just a bit.

but then also i heard that the asus eee pc 900 will officialy have touch screen and a GPS with it. so if your just gonna like try putting on a touch screen

on the eee pc 702 you might as well get a 900. anyways i heard its probably 600$ or 800$ US dollars... but then if its 800$ it kinda defeats the purpose lol.

thats why im just gonna buy mine in the philippines, where they say its php $25 000/$600

Edited by eeecop

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...