Emoze Extends Reach with New Enterprise Edition

Guest emozeoren

Guest emozeoren

Emoze just launched its new Enterprise Edition at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, which offers business users a secure, efficient and low cost push email, calendar and contact information, all in real-time.

It offers faster, cheaper and more secure mobile push-email to businesses and their staff. Business users can now access their emails, contact information, calendars and notes from almost any mobile device with a complimentary data package, with the free download of the Enterprise Edition software from emoze. Click here to get emoze Enterprise Edition now!

The Enterprise Edition is great for any employee who is always on the go. It allows business users the freedom of movement and communication, without their company needing to purchase special handsets or extra, expensive services. All Emails and other data are received securely on the users' mobile handsets in real time, improving productivity - anytime, anywhere.

Emoze also provides the most secure form of messaging for its users. Emails are pushed, real-time, without the need for any duplication or storage outside of the existing email server.

By adding a dedicated Enterprise Edition server, it enables organizations to manage their information flow and to have control over data transfers based on IT policies.

Its definitely worth checking out! http://enterprise.emoze.com

Guest shadamehr
Emoze just launched its new Enterprise Edition at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, which offers business users a secure, efficient and low cost push email, calendar and contact information, all in real-time.

It offers faster, cheaper and more secure mobile push-email to businesses and their staff. Business users can now access their emails, contact information, calendars and notes from almost any mobile device with a complimentary data package, with the free download of the Enterprise Edition software from emoze. Click here to get emoze Enterprise Edition now!

The Enterprise Edition is great for any employee who is always on the go. It allows business users the freedom of movement and communication, without their company needing to purchase special handsets or extra, expensive services. All Emails and other data are received securely on the users' mobile handsets in real time, improving productivity - anytime, anywhere.

Emoze also provides the most secure form of messaging for its users. Emails are pushed, real-time, without the need for any duplication or storage outside of the existing email server.

By adding a dedicated Enterprise Edition server, it enables organizations to manage their information flow and to have control over data transfers based on IT policies.

Its definitely worth checking out! http://enterprise.emoze.com

BE WARNED EVERYONE....

Last time I took the plunge and tried this out, Emoze COMPLETELY screwed up my Calendar.

All the times were off by a number of hours, yet usual checks like World Time Zones etc failed to find any culprits.

And my emails to Emoze Support, are still, to this day, unanswered.

I was unable to fix this, other than a laborious one by one amendment to every single calendar entry I had. Suffice to say, Emoze was soon removed thereafter.

So, reading last week of a new native Symbian version of this application, I went against my better judgement, and installed it, but this time making sure NOT to even bother sync'ing Calendar entries - just simple Contacts and Emails.

And guess what... thanks Bloody BUNCH Emoze - the first thing it did, was instantly WIPE every Caller Group I had on my phone, and thus remove all group associations, ringtones, caller pics etc that I had for all of my contacts.

DESTRUCTIVE is not even a close description for some of the things this app. will do.

Worse though.... as just an anecdotal add on to this tale of Emoze's Damage, let me add this...

In trying to fix Emoze's massive damage, by doing "Restore" to my Nokia E51, it somehow corrupted the phone, and killed my handset (Nokia's own PC Suite I mean here mind you), so it had to be sent away for a replacement. Seriously - you couldn't make this stuff up.

So whilst the phone dying was nothing of Emoze's doing, the simple fact remains, had Emoze not instantly done so much Destructive Data Loss damage, I wouldn't have needed to try and Restore the phone contents in the first place.

So just anecdotal in terms of it leading to me needing a brand new handset.

BUT be warned, in very real terms, there is the scope for a HUGE amount of Data Loss and Destruction using this application. Only use it if your phonebook is very basic.

Caller groups...? Kiss bye bye to hours and hours of work, and indeed, even an Outlook backup won't help you for Caller Groups here, as it is a phone only thing. So once Emoze wipes it all, there is not really any way of fixing it, short of a full Nokia phone restore, if you happen to have one.

So I would avoid this thing like the plague, or at very very best only ever use it for Push Email and NOTHING else - as it does seem to do email quite well. But anything else, it has the scope, and in fact the clear result, of serious data loss and destruction.

Sorry Emoze, but by all means feel free to PM me if you want to know more, and I will work with you over this.

For those that have already done this however - the 'x' amount of completely BLANK contacts you suddenly find added to Outlook.... Well these are Emoze's representations of your phone's Caller Groups - it sees them a normal phone book entries, and can't handle them properly. So BANG - kiss bye bye to your groups, and all that this means!

• 2 months later...
Guest bslansing
BE WARNED EVERYONE....

Last time I took the plunge and tried this out, Emoze COMPLETELY screwed up my Calendar.

All the times were off by a number of hours, yet usual checks like World Time Zones etc failed to find any culprits.

And my emails to Emoze Support, are still, to this day, unanswered.

I was unable to fix this, other than a laborious one by one amendment to every single calendar entry I had. Suffice to say, Emoze was soon removed thereafter.

So, reading last week of a new native Symbian version of this application, I went against my better judgement, and installed it, but this time making sure NOT to even bother sync'ing Calendar entries - just simple Contacts and Emails.

And guess what... thanks Bloody BUNCH Emoze - the first thing it did, was instantly WIPE every Caller Group I had on my phone, and thus remove all group associations, ringtones, caller pics etc that I had for all of my contacts.

DESTRUCTIVE is not even a close description for some of the things this app. will do.

Worse though.... as just an anecdotal add on to this tale of Emoze's Damage, let me add this...

In trying to fix Emoze's massive damage, by doing "Restore" to my Nokia E51, it somehow corrupted the phone, and killed my handset (Nokia's own PC Suite I mean here mind you), so it had to be sent away for a replacement. Seriously - you couldn't make this stuff up.

So whilst the phone dying was nothing of Emoze's doing, the simple fact remains, had Emoze not instantly done so much Destructive Data Loss damage, I wouldn't have needed to try and Restore the phone contents in the first place.

So just anecdotal in terms of it leading to me needing a brand new handset.

BUT be warned, in very real terms, there is the scope for a HUGE amount of Data Loss and Destruction using this application. Only use it if your phonebook is very basic.

Caller groups...? Kiss bye bye to hours and hours of work, and indeed, even an Outlook backup won't help you for Caller Groups here, as it is a phone only thing. So once Emoze wipes it all, there is not really any way of fixing it, short of a full Nokia phone restore, if you happen to have one.

So I would avoid this thing like the plague, or at very very best only ever use it for Push Email and NOTHING else - as it does seem to do email quite well. But anything else, it has the scope, and in fact the clear result, of serious data loss and destruction.

Sorry Emoze, but by all means feel free to PM me if you want to know more, and I will work with you over this.

For those that have already done this however - the 'x' amount of completely BLANK contacts you suddenly find added to Outlook.... Well these are Emoze's representations of your phone's Caller Groups - it sees them a normal phone book entries, and can't handle them properly. So BANG - kiss bye bye to your groups, and all that this means!

Well I have had the application for a while now on my smt 5800 & think it is pretty cool. I although did experience the same problem you did at first with duplicate calenders & wrong times. I also had since reinstalled with only allowing it to synch my emails, drafts, & tasks. I have had no problem with the email push nor the tasks. For myself it was one of the only options I could find that also worked with my work email app groupwise.

I also agree about the support & the time it takes to an answer. I waited for almost 2 weeks to get peremitted to post & ask my question after repeatedly. I dont think it is a large operation yet, so thinking that way I think they do a pretty good job of keeping up. I notice all of the support is answered by one guy named dave.

If I could find another free email push product for groupwise that worked better I would surely try it. But for now I will have to use emoze.

Brad

Guest shadamehr
Well I have had the application for a while now on my smt 5800 & think it is pretty cool. I although did experience the same problem you did at first with duplicate calenders & wrong times. I also had since reinstalled with only allowing it to synch my emails, drafts, & tasks. I have had no problem with the email push nor the tasks. For myself it was one of the only options I could find that also worked with my work email app groupwise.

I also agree about the support & the time it takes to an answer. I waited for almost 2 weeks to get peremitted to post & ask my question after repeatedly. I dont think it is a large operation yet, so thinking that way I think they do a pretty good job of keeping up. I notice all of the support is answered by one guy named dave.

If I could find another free email push product for groupwise that worked better I would surely try it. But for now I will have to use emoze.

Brad

Forgive me, but I would WELL have thought that by now Emoze's Staff Base is CONSIDERABLY larger - it's well promoted and marketed now.

Let me put it a better way...

"If an Item pushed, market, and promoted this actively still only has ONE support bod, that speaks volumes about the organisation."

That sounds openly like a sour user - but yes, that's what I am. Every time I give Emoze the benefit of the doubt, it screws things up for me MASSIVELY, and causes no end of "destructive data loss". The very thing it's meant to prevent as it were.

Worse - repeated Emails to "support" to advise them of these issues and failings, so they can at least "fix it for the next person", never get answered.

You decide for yourselves folks.

Oh - but as a final thought - note how Emoze staff sign up here and on Madaco, and make big noise about the product in terms of their first post of this thread.

...And then are never ever seen again in these forums to offer support, or refute claims such as mine.

Again, go decide for yourself *lol*

Edited by shadamehr

Guest weelogic

shadamehr,

I agree with you 100%. I tried and tried to work with emoze using the PC connector settings. The program failed repeatedly (usually within 10 minutes of me leaving the office, with no ability to get back to my PC and reload it). Dave, the poor lonely support guy (if he actually exists) has a methodology that involves acknowledging a support request, promising to get his technical guys to look into it, asking for an event log file and then disappearing quietly without trace.

To emoze, who started this thread and thus wish to promote their product, I would say the following. (clears throat, steps on soapbox and motions to the crowd to be silent):

"Your product has the potential to be excellent. If your promotional words were true, I would have always-on access to my email in one easy-to-configure location.

In practice, your product is rubbish. It is completely unstable and your support function is a joke. The fact that your product is free is irrelevant. In several cases (such as shadamehr's) it has actually cost the user in terms of time and data.

Please leave the market alone until you have a tried and tested product that works.

Thank you"

To those who think I am also a sour user, I can give links to my frustrated posts on emoze's own support (haha) forum dating back to September last year and earlier.

Guest shadamehr
shadamehr,

I agree with you 100%. I tried and tried to work with emoze using the PC connector settings. The program failed repeatedly (usually within 10 minutes of me leaving the office, with no ability to get back to my PC and reload it). Dave, the poor lonely support guy (if he actually exists) has a methodology that involves acknowledging a support request, promising to get his technical guys to look into it, asking for an event log file and then disappearing quietly without trace.

To emoze, who started this thread and thus wish to promote their product, I would say the following. (clears throat, steps on soapbox and motions to the crowd to be silent):

"Your product has the potential to be excellent. If your promotional words were true, I would have always-on access to my email in one easy-to-configure location.

In practice, your product is rubbish. It is completely unstable and your support function is a joke. The fact that your product is free is irrelevant. In several cases (such as shadamehr's) it has actually cost the user in terms of time and data.

Please leave the market alone until you have a tried and tested product that works.

Thank you"

To those who think I am also a sour user, I can give links to my frustrated posts on emoze's own support (haha) forum dating back to September last year and earlier.

PERFECTLY put - well done mate.

I'd love it to work too, hence my foolish repeat attempts.

But I simply cannot afford the data loss and destruction this causes, until it is a proper ready for market product!