ROM: TLR Kaiser 3.08.02.21 WinMo 6.1 - VF ROM / Radio, HTC OEM + CF 3.5 + more

Guest TheLoanRanger

Guest KevinAlbrecht

ok, I don't want to ask a noob question, but I cannot seem to find a answer that satisfies me. If I flash this (or any) ROM, what will be left to do to get my settings for AT&T back up and running?

- Thanks, Kevin

Guest Dinkens
ok, I don't want to ask a noob question, but I cannot seem to find a answer that satisfies me. If I flash this (or any) ROM, what will be left to do to get my settings for AT&T back up and running?

- Thanks, Kevin

After you flash it, I believe you have to download the radio and everything else that is listed on the first page of this forum. I didn't try it yet because the flash Rom is not available through the FTP server. I guess it was remove. You should ask Shadowfixeruk. I have been eager to download this new OS, I"m just as scared as you and confuse. But, after reading from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=375037 and Modaco's forums i'm starting to get the hang of things.... Everything is free, is Just the reading and understanding.....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=383638

[Apr 09] Dutty's Official WM6.1 5.2.19209 Release.. Hey it looks like they released a new version to the current

Guest Dinkens
If anyone wants it - PM me and i will send you a link from yousendit .. but i only have 1Gb download left this month and the link will ony be available for 7 Days or 100 downloads...

SF

Can you please send me the file.............

Guest Shadowfixeruk
After you flash it, I believe you have to download the radio and everything else that is listed on the first page of this forum. I didn't try it yet because the flash Rom is not available through the FTP server. I guess it was remove. You should ask Shadowfixeruk. I have been eager to download this new OS, I"m just as scared as you and confuse. But, after reading from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=375037 and Modaco's forums i'm starting to get the hang of things.... Everything is free, is Just the reading and understanding.....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=383638

[Apr 09] Dutty's Official WM6.1 5.2.19209 Release.. Hey it looks like they released a new version to the current

You shouldn't need the radio as it is included in the ROM (The radio is what makes the "phone" work... before you flash my advise would be to back up your ROM with a utility from XDA - I wish i had... Think this link works.. (http://forum.xda-developers.com/archive/in...p/t-334680.html -never done it - don't blame me...)

However there is a copy of TLR's ROM available Here! I will leave it up until it goes - just let me know if its gone and i can re post....

Just follow the instructions and you *should* be fine... my kaiser picked up all its settings automatically....

Cheers

SF

Guest Dinkens
You shouldn't need the radio as it is included in the ROM (The radio is what makes the "phone" work... before you flash my advise would be to back up your ROM with a utility from XDA - I wish i had... Think this link works.. (http://forum.xda-developers.com/archive/in...p/t-334680.html -never done it - don't blame me...)

However there is a copy of TLR's ROM available Here! I will leave it up until it goes - just let me know if its gone and i can re post....

Just follow the instructions and you *should* be fine... my kaiser picked up all its settings automatically....

Cheers

SF

I'm doing it right now.. Why does it looks like is downgrading my version.. from 1.5xxx to 1.0000.. is this right? I' m so scared right now.. is currently updating to 80%... omg.. Like dave chappelle would say " I think I S** on myself." .. its a joke.. but i let you guys know if is good...

Guest Dinkens
I'm doing it right now.. Why does it looks like is downgrading my version.. from 1.5xxx to 1.0000.. is this right? I' m so scared right now.. is currently updating to 80%... omg.. Like dave chappelle would say " I think I S** on myself." .. its a joke.. but i let you guys know if is good...

I just flash it... Modaco Dude came up.. it looks like is loading.. Plz God..... Make it be problem free...

Guest Dinkens
I just flash it... Modaco Dude came up.. it looks like is loading.. Plz God..... Make it be problem free...

Woww,, I think is working.. man....If COoking Rom was a meal, this would of been a five course meal..anyways, let me just fool around with it.. i been reading all the post for the past week about all problems n fixes..I will let you guys no tomorrow. rememba i'm a newbie, so If it works for me guys, then whoever have doubt should go for it.. again, like the Chefs always say in Modaco "DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISKKKKKKKK." LOL

Guest pete_thomson

Come across a small issue - since flashing with this ROM about a month ago Pocket Word has dropped it's associations with documents and takes approx 5-6mins to launch.

Anyone else seen this??

Guest Starscreamer

I like the threaded SMS idea BUT it keeps auto trying to complete works in a really annoying way when I am using the hardware keyboard on my Vario III. I have gone into the keyboard settings and turned all the auto stuff off but it persists! It's so annoying, I can't type anything because it keeps changing what I type.

I would prefer to keep the threaded SMS idea but get rid of this awful auto complete thing.

Guest Starscreamer
That's a setting. settings/system/power/advanced

As to the auto correct... have no idea.

Thanks but when I went to that setting the box for DO NOT CHARGE BATTERY WHEN CONNECTED TO THE PC is already unchecked.

This is bizzare and I totally rely on USB charging from my PC at work! Argh.

Guest Starscreamer
That's not the ROM I suspect!

P

Actually, I think it is charging! As I had the thing on all day and then picked it up to go home and it was at 96% power. I think that the battery charging icon is not working on the phone. I was used to that being on when the thing was charging from USB.

Skype still don't work though :D

Guest RSVRover

Superb ROM, but I've come across one problem that may be applicable to other (or all) WM6.1 ROMs.

Memory-map doesn't want to start any more. It locks everything up needing a soft reset to fix. This has been mentioned by someone else over at XDA-developers but without any follow-up. So I'll ask here as well. Has anyone else had the problem? Anyone else not had the problem?

RSVRover

Memory-map doesn't want to start any more.

Which Memory Map program? Maybe there are different MM offerings available - I have Memory-Map OS Edition Version 5.1.3 running fine with this ROM. Only problem is you can't export the whole map region file as the file size is too big. Zooming out and then exporting the visible section works fine.

Cjay.

Guest RSVRover
Which Memory Map program? Maybe there are different MM offerings available - I have Memory-Map OS Edition Version 5.1.3 running fine with this ROM. Only problem is you can't export the whole map region file as the file size is too big. Zooming out and then exporting the visible section works fine.

Cjay.

thanks for the reply.

I have MM OS Edition version 5.0.0. I'll look into updating it.

RSVRover

Guest M_Taylor40

Hey TRL,

was starting to wonder wer u got to lol.

Just wondering what WM6.1 build u will be using for the upcomin ROM?

Thanks alot for the great work!

M_Taylor40

Guest Dinkens

Hey I am having problem with my Google Map, I'm unable to use it no more gettng a data connection error. I am able to send and receive txt and use the web but I can't view maps on google. Does anyone know why this is happening, or have a better free nav app I can use?

2nd question: After downloading the Kaiser 6.1 which so far is superb, I am unable to delete items in the WIndows folder. Everything is lock. I installed couple of TSK files and ringtones but when I try to remove it from the explorer windows from PC or PDA I get the same error. any advise?

Guest lewis.curley
I've been running this ROM for a few weeks now with no major problems. The only issue I have (and may not be ROM related), is that about once a week, my e-mail account fails to send e-mail (I'm using smtp.t-email.co.uk as my outgoing server). A soft-reset will not fix it, but deleting the account and re-adding it (with exactly the same settings!), fixes it.

Anyone else noticed this? Explanation? It's a bit of a pain.

Also getting this problem using smtp.gmail.com (tried other smtp servers aswell) as you said removing and recreating account fixes it but obviously not an ideal solution, anyone got any better work around / reg fixes?

Guest shootydogthing

Ahh! Just happened to me. off to readd now :D

EDIT:

Hmm. Doesn't seem to have fixed it.

anyone know what might be wrong...

it's connecting to download messages, it just won't send. I'm using smtp.t-mobile.net... On T-Mobile. This used to work fine, yes I am sending over the network not WiFi...

I'll try swapping it to the virgin one and sending it via wifi... Works perfectly. Changing back now.

Now it won't send OR receive.

Delete and readd again...

Nope, no dice.

And again

Nope...

It doesn't seem to want to do emails at all now :(

Any suggestions?

EDIT:

Ok, i came back and it wouldn't work, tried again and it started working... went to set the SMTP to the t-mobile one and Wham! it stops wanting to connect. Set the SMTP back to the Virgin one... and still nothing works...

WTF?

Edited by shootydogthing