ROM: TLR Kaiser 3.08.02.21 WinMo 6.1 - VF ROM / Radio, HTC OEM + CF 3.5 + more

Guest TheLoanRanger

Guest ScrewlooseAZ

Loaded it and so far everything works with the exception of TCMP. It crashes on start up each time. Is there a newer version than .72RC1? Or do I need to install that .NET 3.5 configuator program that Paul made to make this work right?

Also just noticed that the quick backlight button does not work.

Edited by ScrewlooseAZ

Guest ScrewlooseAZ

Yep that one. I click it and nothing happens. And I still can't get TCMP to work without crashing. I may try to reinstall this rom and start over from scratch. See if it was something I added that changed things.

*Update*

I reinstalled the rom and now the brightness adjustment tab is working. I have not bothered trying TCMP yet, so no clue if it will work.

Edited by ScrewlooseAZ

Guest shootydogthing

Hmm... I'm temped, very tempted.

However, I want to make sure of a few things...

Can I make a copy of my current rom in it's EXACT state?

Sprite Backup definitely won't work from 6 to 6.1

Will ALL my programs work on 6.1?

Can I make a copy of my current rom in it's EXACT state?

Sprite Backup definitely won't work from 6 to 6.1

Will ALL my programs work on 6.1?

Hi,

I couldn't find a way to make a ROM copy, but I'm very happy with the new 6.1 version and not found any issues so far.

My program set all work fine: TTN6, VxUtil, Cameraware, Google maps, Phone alarm, WiFiFoFum.

Up to you in the end, but personally I like the look & feel of this new ROM (and it includes MSN which is something I missed in the original T-Mob Vario III ROM).

Good luck!

Guest shootydogthing
Hi,

I couldn't find a way to make a ROM copy, but I'm very happy with the new 6.1 version and not found any issues so far.

My program set all work fine: TTN6, VxUtil, Cameraware, Google maps, Phone alarm, WiFiFoFum.

Up to you in the end, but personally I like the look & feel of this new ROM (and it includes MSN which is something I missed in the original T-Mob Vario III ROM).

Good luck!

Hmm... it doesn't seem good enough to bother. I think I'll have a look around XDA and see if I can find a way of creating an exact copy of my current ROM

Perhaps I have found a bug?

I cannot access the MMS Options dialogue (Open Messaging>Menu>MMS Options...) and therefore cannot change any of the settings

Anyone else or just me?

I cannot access the MMS Options dialogue (Open Messaging>Menu>MMS Options...) and therefore cannot change any of the settings

Mine seems fine. All the MMS options are accessible: Messaging, Select SMS/MMS, Select (L soft key), Menu (R soft key), MMS options is at bottom of list....

Cjay

Just like to say thanks for the ROM, like the Modaco startup screen!

gerryR

BTW mandt, I can also access the MMS settings (can't get the settings for 3 Ireland working but thats another problem!)

Guest DonVincenzo

First time I've flashed my Vario III and so far I'm liking it, though I do have one question. On this rom the Comm Manager is in my opinion much uglier than the one that was in the T-Mobile rom I had on before - is there any way of changing the comm manager back to how I had it before? I didn't know if there is a cab kicking around for it...

Thanks!

Guest Syphon Filter
First time I've flashed my Vario III and so far I'm liking it, though I do have one question. On this rom the Comm Manager is in my opinion much uglier than the one that was in the T-Mobile rom I had on before - is there any way of changing the comm manager back to how I had it before? I didn't know if there is a cab kicking around for it...

Thanks!

I think that is the CAB that is linked to in the first post by the OP. The 10key thing.

Although, after flashing today (just now), I cant seem to install that CAB. I dont get it.

EDIT. Ran the CAB again and it worked fine.

Request for next ROM:

Could you work the 10 key com manager into the ROM, as well as the camera software?

Edited by Syphon Filter

Re the Comm Manager you MUST run the Cab straight after a soft-reset, to ensure the current one isn't running in the background

BTW Charging my phone now to enable a re-flash, hopefully it'll work this time :) other than this slight hitch I like this ROM a lot

Cheers Lone Ranger, Good work!

Guest DonVincenzo

Thanks - didn't spot that when reading through the top post (sorry!)

Initally the 10- button Comm Manager wouldn't install but after trying it again after a soft reset it's working fine now.

Edited by DonVincenzo

Guest Syphon Filter

I'm having problems with this ROM.

I have SPB Pocket Plus. Whenever I try to use the "soft reset" function in the close button menu, the device reboots but then hangs when trying to load the today screen.

EDIT:

Ok, a few problems with this ROM.

The issue I noted above. It seems that any soft reset triggered from software (if a software install requests a reboot or from say the pocket plus app etc) causes the device to hang when it gets to the today screen after the reboot.

Another issue is that I cannot enter my location information in the weather bit of the HTC Home plugin.

Edited by Syphon Filter

Just re-flashed again, got this when the update finished:

post-174863-1203892116_thumb.jpg

MMS Options now working OK though, guess I'll see how it goes...

I got that message too but the main flashing app on the PC said it had finished succesfully, so far so good.

Guest ScrewlooseAZ

It seems a little faster in most reguards but then lags at times too. I do like some of the features of 6.1. Also it stopped an error message I was getting with my e-mail timing out occasionally.

But I still need to find a video player solution or a hack to make windows media player run without stuttering. If I can get that then this will be a notable improvement.

Guest jimbouk

I just went through the hoop of flashing a 6.1 rom - on my Orange supplied Tytn2. I had been running Dutty's V3 wm6 rom for the last month or two and I liked it but I had an hour free yesterday pm so I decided to bite the buttet.

I had to sim-unlock it first (as wm6.1 needs different radios to wm6) so I used Jabbr's free unlock tool, then flashed Dutty's 6.1 rom.

The threaded sms takes a bit of getting used to - and I am not a fan of the combined sms/mms - which no doubt someone will customise out. Email accounts have to use the auto set up - so to avoid auto settings, you have to deliberately mis-type your email address and then go back and fix it later.

Otherwise the rom seems good and fast - and everything seems to be working.