Strange text entry problem on HTC touch dual

Guest --alex--

Guest --alex--

Hi,

Recently my HTC Touch Dual started displaying the full touch qwerty keyboard whenever I tried to use the touch keypad or the touch keyboard and the number keys can only be used to enter numbers as XT9 is failing to work for some unknown reason.

Any help to fix this would be greatly appreciated. :)

thanks,

Alex

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nowimboard

I have had mine two days already and I have that problem.

I have the touch keypad selected yet when I bring it up to type with it displays the touchkeyboard. Untill I touch one letter (then have to delete it) it wont change to the keypad.

But then I'm also confused because sometimes the touchkeyboard (the one I don't want to display) comes up as the 20 key version and sometimes displaying all the characters on different keys.

Have I missed a Cab fix somewhere?? Other than this, loving the dual! Glad its got the hardware keys though. The normal touch would drive me crazy!

Guest BenPye

i too am suffering from what is my SIP problems.....in that the device does not seem to remember what SIB to use

or when it is using a particular one, does not stick to it!

installing the free SIPChange seems to wreck the device and cause 2minute startup problems....

anyone? seen anyother SIB changing applications? tweaks/hacks?

I know that i am not alone in suffering with SIPchange!

Guest Mark Ludgate

I have the MDA Touch and have exactly the same problem, very frustrating I would be happy to disable the 20 key version if I could fine out how.

Mark