Gmail icon?

Guest trickinit

Guest trickinit

A while ago I found a post that explained how to get the gmail icon to appear in the Message Center like this:

post-325095-1204832192_thumb.gif

For some reason the icon was included in the /Windows folder, but it was left out of the registry.

Well I found another Gmail iconpost-325095-1204832245_thumb.gif in the /Windows folder that was supposed to be included on the setup e-mail page

post-325095-1204832284_thumb.gif

but I haven't been able to find where this is located in the registry. Does anybody have any ideas?

Edited by trickinit

Guest trickinit
I know the problem and it wasnt suposed to be there.It was suposed to be on the tmobile homescreen.

What do you mean by that? I've seen a picture with a gmail icon on this page too. I'll see if I can find it again.

A while ago I found a post that explained how to get the gmail icon to appear in the Message Center like this:

post-325095-1204832192_thumb.gif

For some reason the icon was included in the /Windows folder, but it was left out of the registry.

Well I found another Gmail iconpost-325095-1204832245_thumb.gif in the /Windows folder that was supposed to be included on the setup e-mail page

post-325095-1204832284_thumb.gif

but I haven't been able to find where this is located in the registry. Does anybody have any ideas?

If anyones interested in doing this just add the following key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\cHome\CMessage\Gmail]

Then add a string string titled "Image" with value data: \windows\CHome_sendmessage_gmail.png (or the location of your icon)

icons can be added for any email account on your phone just by entering the name of the account as it appears in your account settings.

• 6 months later...