T-Mobile Contract change?

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Hi All,

I purchased a T-Mobile MDA Vario III in late November/early December. Obviously the phone was subsidised through the contract:

I am on Flext + Web n Walk Plus @ £42 a month, which gives me 3Gig of internet usage, and £180 of usage for calls/texts.

However I am using at most about a tenner of the £180 allocation, and less than 1gig of the internet usage. I had been using my handset for tethering, but think a mobile broadband usb modem would be a better idea.

The contract is 18 months.

Do I have to wait for the contract to expire before I can change my tariff to a lesser one?

Thanks in advance

WTFH

Hi All,

I purchased a T-Mobile MDA Vario III in late November/early December. Obviously the phone was subsidised through the contract:

I am on Flext + Web n Walk Plus @ £42 a month, which gives me 3Gig of internet usage, and £180 of usage for calls/texts.

However I am using at most about a tenner of the £180 allocation, and less than 1gig of the internet usage. I had been using my handset for tethering, but think a mobile broadband usb modem would be a better idea.

The contract is 18 months.

Do I have to wait for the contract to expire before I can change my tariff to a lesser one?

Thanks in advance

WTFH

Most 18 month contracts do not allow you to downgrade till after 6 months then downgrade to the lowest flext and just go possibly for normal web and walk although tethering is officially not allowed on normal web and walk

Why did you get such an expensive tariff if you thought you would hardly use it out of interest a tenner a month is like what i use on mms alone

Jeremy

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Aaah so I can change after 6 months cool.

Well I really wanted that handset at the time, and it was the overall best ownership plan. I was already paying 35 quid a month with Vodafone with a pitiful 120 MB of internet usage. So the extra 7quid for 3GB of internet on T-Mobile was ideal.

The phone is my personal one, which I only use for keeping in contact with family and friends. But most call me on my work mobile!

I think I might leave it at the wnw Plus, but possibly downgrade the talk/text allowance, as I never use it. I might as well stick with tethering, as its one less thing to carry. The usb broadband modem is pretty much the same size as the phone too.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Damiantmc

Hi there,

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but its 11 months on a t-mobile 18 month contract before you can downgrade your price plan, then I belive its also only 1 per month down (so from flext 35 to 30 then 25 andso on)

Dtmc

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Ah ok ... it's not a major problem.

Bit like my gym membership ... seems daft to pay for it even though I don't use it. (Although I always have good intentions!)

Hi there,

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but its 11 months on a t-mobile 18 month contract before you can downgrade your price plan, then I belive its also only 1 per month down (so from flext 35 to 30 then 25 andso on)

Dtmc

sorry dude but you are wrong I've have just downgraded from flext 35 to 30 after 7 months anyway worst happens is you ring and find out

Jeremymacmull