Editing T9 list for mistakes

Guest JMac24

Guest JMac24

Noticed a buried thread on T9 and not being able to edit it. I was getting miffed at junk coming up too. Checking the windows folder on the phone I found a exe called eT9MyWords. Go into that bad boy and clear out your junk! If this has been posted I suck, I did search tho.

• 3 months later...
Guest kwoodall
Or in Text or email, press menu and choose Writing Options, then choose T9 My Words.

I don't see this option? Can you give step-by-step instructions? Or is it because I don't have a eT9MyWords.exe ?? (can anyone supply me with this?)

Kermit Woodall

Managing Editor

GadgetNutz.com

Guest kwoodall

Thanks to a poster over at xda-developers.com I got the missing files that let me edit.

However I discovered that one error isn't listed in the words I can edit: 'dor' -- a word so archaic I can't help but wonder why it's even in the built-in dictionary. Is there any way to edit it out?

Kermit Woodall

Managing Editor

GadgetNutz.com

Guest DWKMI
I don't see this option? Can you give step-by-step instructions? Or is it because I don't have a eT9MyWords.exe ?? (can anyone supply me with this?)

Kermit Woodall

Managing Editor

GadgetNutz.com

It may be that you don't have the latest Shadow software update. http://www.t-mobileshadow.com/update.asp

The update is worth it. There are many other small fixes/enhancements, like the ability to choose a symbol by pressing a number key rather than scrolling to the symbol - and you can always delete the silly ringtones, wallpaper and ringtones it adds.

Guest kwoodall

All fixed up now - but I find one error in the eT9 list of words that doesn't come from my fumblings. When I want the word 'for' it always comes up with 'dor' as the default. Since this is an archaic word, at best, I want to be rid of it. How?

Kermit Woodall

Managing Editor

GadgetNutz.com