Liberate your HTC Shift!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest VendorGSM

There are also some good tips for all HTC Shift owners:

1. Windows Update offer you to install Vista SP1 but you should know that doing so there will appear a lot of problems with your HTC Shift as 3G connection problem, sound disappear in dual speakers and more. You just do yourself a search over Google about Vista SP1 and HTC Shift and you will see only users that finishet restoring the Vista (with restart and F3 command) after unhappy update to Vista SP1. Better mark the Vista SP1 as hidden update to avoid automatic update in the future.

2. If your Vista internet speed is slow then all you should do is to click Start, type command in the search area and once the command tool is located do right click on it and Run it as Administrator. In the command console just type next:

netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

This will speed up the internet speed. You can check the speed at speedtest.net

If you want to restore the autotuning level, you can do it with the next command:

netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal

Best regards to all!

VendorGSM

Edited by VendorGSM

Guest nionxp
hello I poste on this forum for the first time. I am italian, excuse me for my english. I have liberate my shift but the office SHIFTpack it does not work absolutely. I also have tried a hard reset, nothing. Please let me know if there is something else I need to do. Thanks.

here the link: http://www2.webng.com/nionxp/download/defa...mobile+2007+ita

works fine on my italian htc shift :D

ciauz

Guest nionxp
Hello, what I am in order to say is not a critic but a consideration. I think that the "SHIFT LIBERATION" at the moment it is not much profit. I am using wm6 on shift from a week; use iternet explorer is truly impossible because the ram is insufficient. The rom memory is very small moreover the SD reader and bluetooth do not work. Since SD reader does not work is not possible to use wmp in order to see a movie or to listen music. Office mobile does not work absolutely and therefore I must use Vista to job. Without an adapted hardware support Htc Shift cannot work like a pda and I think that the Htc he has thus intentional. I am italian, excuse me for my english.

stay tuned...

someone are working for a new shift rom that allow to use SD, bluetooth and much more!!

Guest nionxp

1. Windows Update offer you to install Vista SP1 but you should know that doing so there will appear a lot of problems with your HTC Shift as 3G connection problem, sound disappear in dual speakers and more. You just do yourself a search over Google about Vista SP1 and HTC Shift and you will see only users that finishet restoring the Vista (with restart and F3 command) after unhappy update to Vista SP1. Better mark the Vista SP1 as hidden update to avoid automatic update in the future.

on my italian shift the SP1 works fine.

i've got only problem with intel video drivers, restored it and anything goes well

2. If your Vista internet speed is slow then all you should do is to click Start, type command in the search area and once the command tool is located do right click on it and Run it as Administrator. In the command console just type next:

netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

This will speed up the internet speed. You can check the speed at speedtest.net

If you want to restore the autotuning level, you can do it with the next command:

netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal

Best regards to all!

VendorGSM

tnx gooood tricks

ciauz

Guest mazzze

Hi!

had the problem with not-working Office 6.1. After re-installation of the country version (RUS for me) everything started to work perfectly!

Guest David9999

Guys, can you help please.

Have 'liberated' and added Mobile Office without problems but do have an issue with Synchronising. From SnapView I attach to Vista (on which is installed Office 2003) and Sync starts successfully. In less than a minute it fails and the only message is "The server could not be reached".

What have I missed??

David

Guest TigerNet
The step by step guide to using SHIFTpack.Liberate
  1. First you need to send to your device with those files we mentioned. Either input your email address below...
    • E-Mail Address for SHIFTpack.Liberate files: http://donald.modaco.com/shiftpack/sendmail.php' method='get'>

or click these links to send them to yourself the hard way!
  • LNK file
  • CAB file

• We're going to save one of these files in the 'Settings' directory that appears when you hit 'Settings' on the homescreen, so we need to do some cheeky stuff to get access to that. So...
    • Start a new mail
    • Select 'Insert Picture'
    • Browse to \Windows
    • With the keyboard, navigate so 'Settings' is highlighted, and hit CTRL-X. The folder icon will go a lighter colour.
    • Now navigate to \My Documents, and hit CTRL-V. Settings will appear.
    • Select 'Cancel Message' to close that new message.

[*]We're now ready to save the files. Firstly, press and hold on the CAB file, Select 'Save As' and save in the default location. Next press and hold on the .lnk file, select 'Save As' but this time drop down the 'Folder' box and select 'Settings'.

[*]We're now ready to put that settings menu back where it should be.

[*]Start a new mail

[*]Select 'Insert Picture'

[*]Browse to \My Documents

[*]With the keyboard, navigate so 'Settings' is highlighted, and hit CTRL-X. The folder icon will go a lighter colour.

[*]Now navigate to \Windows, and hit CTRL-V. Settings will appear right down the bottom of the list.

[*]Select 'Cancel Message' to close that new message.

[*]Good stuff, we're now ready to actually carry out the Liberation :D From the home screen, select Settings as normal, and you'll see a new option - 'Liberate'! Select it, say yes to the prompt, and let it finish. Then close the Settings page and reopen it before hitting the 'Soft Reset' item that has now appeared (you'll notice 'Liberate' has now disappeared from here!).

[*]The device reboots, and it is liberated! Hurrah! You can use the 'USB Tool' option that is now in Settings to hook up to Vista (as in the video) and do all the normal stuff you'd expect to do with Windows Mobile! :(

Hi All

I am sure I am being dumb here, but when I try to get the files e-mailed to me I only get the .cab file...any ideas how I get the .lnk file as well?

Help much appreciated...

Cheers

Nick

Guest TigerNet

...and now I am Liberated!

Time to keep fingers crossed for WiFi and SD Card functionality on the WM side now...

Any Updates?

Cheers

Nick

Guest David9999

Nick,

How do you get on with synchronising between SnapView and Vista? Does it work? I've installed Office onto Vista and when I attach Snapview to Vista the attach process works (usually first time) but then synchronisation fails. Let me know how you get on please.

Regards,

David

Guest Damski

hi, just got my shift after reading up that it can be liberated. but I can't get the files mailed to me. I'm trying to use the automailer thingy but nothing comes through. anyone able to help?

Guest David9999
hi, just got my shift after reading up that it can be liberated. but I can't get the files mailed to me. I'm trying to use the automailer thingy but nothing comes through. anyone able to help?

You need to check the security settings on your email account as these will frequently block attachments, especially lnk files.

Regards,

David

Guest vittb
Hi!

had the problem with not-working Office 6.1. After re-installation of the country version (RUS for me) everything started to work perfectly!

Hi! Where u find RUS version of Office 6.1? I have the same problem with ENG version - not working :D

Guest TigerNet
Nick,

How do you get on with synchronising between SnapView and Vista? Does it work? I've installed Office onto Vista and when I attach Snapview to Vista the attach process works (usually first time) but then synchronisation fails. Let me know how you get on please.

Regards,

David

...seems to be working fine on mine...what errors are you seeing?

Cheers

Nick

Guest David9999

I have a sim (Orange) and in SNAPView can sync with my Exchange server. Mails and attachments, Contacts and Calendar all sync with no problems. Followed your video with the excellent 'liberate' option, select the option to connect to Vista and, on the face of it, it connects without much problem. When I then switch to Vista mode I am just in time to see ActiveSync fail - this usually happens in about five seconds flat.

No mods have been made to the Vista side other than the addition of MS Office 2003.

Regards,

David

Guest androgyn

Hi All.

I have since yesterday my HTC Sift.

Tried to liberate that WM6 part using the given software via Email.

People, I tried it 10 times, resetted, new email installed, installed a.s.o.

Nothing. I can not see the desired items.

Is there something new from HTC? I tried as well another way but the regedit version (part of it: delete SnapVUE directory don't work)

Someone an idea?

Greetz from Germany

Androgyn

Guest David Eirschele

I've used local isp, yahoo plus mail and gmail addresses but I never get mail. Are you still sending the liberated shift files? I have successfully downloaded the cab file and mailed to my shift but the other .lnk will not attach to send. It downloads to my desktop as if it were a shortcut. When I try to attach it a message apears " Cannot resolve this file. This file may not be a shortcut". When I Save it I get the option to save as a shortcut or all files, neither one works.

Guest androgyn
Hi All.

I have since yesterday my HTC Sift.

Tried to liberate that WM6 part using the given software via Email.

People, I tried it 10 times, resetted, new email installed, installed a.s.o.

Nothing. I can not see the desired items.

Is there something new from HTC? I tried as well another way but the regedit version (part of it: delete SnapVUE directory don't work)

Someone an idea?

Greetz from Germany

Androgyn

Found: Unfortunately the automatic Modaco Email upload is not working, I downloaded and sent manual to my shift.

The *.lnk file was renamed to *.lnk.txt and that did not work. I don't know how the hell this happend, but it happened.

Just for info.

Androgyn

Guest Hasta_la_vista

Found: Unfortunately the automatic Modaco Email upload is not working, I downloaded and sent manual to my shift.

The *.lnk file was renamed to *.lnk.txt and that did not work. I don't know how the hell this happend, but it happened.

Just for info.

Androgyn

Try to use EveryWAN Remote Support from Sparus Software to get a hold on HTC Shift registry / file system etc

Direct Download Without Filling a Form:

EveryWAN Remote Support Direct Download

It's totally free.

Disclosure: I work for Sparus Software.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.