Liberate your HTC Shift!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest nionxp

Hello @Paul, thanks for your great work!

I wondered if the shift had at this point the integrate antenna GPS or less, if unlocking the snapvue was possible to use it with by software??

tnx

Ciauz

Guest bob ee

First of all, Paul: thanks a lot for the work. After the "upgrade" my shift actually feels like another, and it just took a couple of hours for a complete dummy like me.

My only problem: when I install the office pack (with the vista option), it installs right, but when trying to open the word apllication, just get a little "error" window. With the excel aplication, no answer, it´s like it´s not there.

All the rest worked fine. If tried to reinstall, uninstall and then reinstall. or reinstalling it with the cab file. With the reinstall, always same result, the cab just says "it can not be installed".

May it be because my shift is the spanish language version?

Any help, will be welcome.

I´m not in a hurry, I feel so pleased with all the other upgrades, this one, even important, is not urgent for me... :D :( :(

Thanks in advance

BoB

Edited by bob ee

Guest epaiva

Hi Paul

My software is in spanish. In the windows directory I cannot find de "settings" directory.

The directories that i found are:

IA Zip Temp... / ActiveSync / AppButtons / AppMgr / ARLEHELP / Favoritos / Fuentes / Help / Inicio / lic / Menu Inicio / Messaging / OEM / Profiles / Programas / Rings / System / Temporary Int...

Guest mikelaaron

this is all incredible.

In fact, thanks to your genius, i bought a Shift (might not have done so if you hadn't done all the work you did)

The next great thing would be to get the WinMo side to recognize the storage card (i have an 8GB SD) or the hard drive of the vista side.

Guest Zeke_NL
this is all incredible.

In fact, thanks to your genius, i bought a Shift (might not have done so if you hadn't done all the work you did)

The next great thing would be to get the WinMo side to recognize the storage card (i have an 8GB SD) or the hard drive of the vista side.

Memory became a problem now with wm running as it is at thispoint. I hope that Paul can fix this....and that the hardware dusgive him the chance to du so.Regards,Bert

Guest hkesunny
Additional SHIFTpacks

Dear Paul,

Firstly, Thanks for your great job! But I can't get the OfficeMobile61.CAB.

The message"You don't have permission to access /shiftpack/SHIFTpack.OfficeMobile61.CAB on this server"

Regards

hkesunny

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm pretty sure that if my wife leaves me I'm going to marry Paul. Thanks for this work MoDaCo - I will now be buying a Shift!

HTC should be sending Paul commission checks...

Edited by edub

Guest X5-RWK

Hey Paul,

Great work, my Shift is running the stuf you created and is running perfect now.

I would like to download the latest 2 ads but thats not working, cant download the files.

It gives this message:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /shiftpack/SHIFTpack.OfficeMobile61.CAB on this server.

Regards,

Bert

I am having the same problems. Trying to download the Office cab file.

Edit: Got it, Thanks Paul

Edited by X5-RWK

Guest longbow
Fixed!

P

Hi brothers! Im planning to get one soon!that's why I'm already beginning to read all the things about this magnificent device...liberating the shift is really a good start for a spectacular journey for all those enthusiasts out there. Thanks for the impeccable creativity. I'm enjoying reading it and soon enough tinkering my baby shift! :D

Guest slikdave

Hi Paul

Thanks for the HTC shift "update"......please can you look at the final two things missing from this brilliant device....screen orientation under vista and seeing memory card under WM6......

If these can be done I will truly be in geek heaven... :D :(

Guest Zeke_NL

I would love to run Poket Informant but du to the lag of memory it keeps me to dreaming of that day the shift's memory will be liberated.Regards,BertCould this be solved in the future Paul?

Edited by Zeke_NL

Guest freson2006

Hallo

I installed"Liberate you HTC Shift" and it works well,but the connections between Vista and Windows Mobile falls out all the time.

Any idea why?

best regards

freddy

Guest Mickeyace

<_< Well I received my first HTC Shift last week. All was well for the first day. Didn’t really get much time to spend on it with my work so busy. I added a few programs Office and a few other things I use allot then I decided to add this fantastic hack from here. I installed everything as the directions state and all worked perfectly. The next day I noticed I had trouble connecting to my wifi at home (no sim yet). I restarted the unit and it seemed to come back. After a while of sitting it went into hibernate and when it resumed no wifi again. I tried the comm manager and it showed the wifi on but when I went to connect to the network it showed none available. Very strange. I went through all the diagnosis that one would for vista. Still no wifi after many attempts and reboots I thought well maybe the hack did something to the wifi. I reset my WM6 back to the default Snap view. Still no luck I went so far as to restore Vista too. Still nothing. Finally called HTC Europe and spent about an hour on the phone with them and they assumed that the unit was bad and I should have it replaced. I called the place I bought it from and they were great sent the broken one in and received a new one back a few days later. Now my problem is was it the hack that broke my unit or just a bad unit. Has anyone here had a problem like this. I really want to put the full WM6 back in but I don’t think they will switch it again if it dies. I have turned this on off and on about 20 times and hibernate about 10. Most of the time the wifi comes right back, I had to turn it on a couple times but it at least came back... Does this unit share the comm manager or wifi units. I know the Sim must be shared somehow because it will work in Vista or SnapVue. I can’t think of a reason the wifi would stop from the hack but maybe someone can give me more insight into this. Thank you.

Guest Paul (MVP)

I can say with 100% confidence that this wasn't related to Liberate, sounds like faulty hardware.

Besides, everything the liberate does is easily reversed with a hard reset.

P

Guest Mickeyace
I can say with 100% confidence that this wasn't related to Liberate, sounds like faulty hardware.

Besides, everything the liberate does is easily reversed with a hard reset.

P

Thanks Paul I thought that it was just bad equipment but thought I would check before I did it again.. Thanks for the great fix to something they should have included in the shift...

Guest RobertHolland

Hi Paul

Everything seems to be working great.

Thanks...it is really what I was originally hoping for from the Shift from the very beginning.

I have loaded a few appications on the WM6 side....my memory is getting a little thin!

Can it be increased?

Is there an application to activate the SD slot fpr WM6?

Another thing...Once the Calendar (on the WM6 side) is synced with my Exchange account (which takes about 12 hours to sync!!)....if reacts very slowly....painfully slow. I had this problem before I used Liberate.

Any ideas?

Regards

ROB

Guest Mark from Taiwan

Hi! Paul,

This is really a masterpiece!

I bought HTC Shift because of your contribution!

By the way, I've done the part of liberating my Shift.

But I couldn't find the "SHIFTpacks" to restore the function of WM6.

Please tell me where I can get it!

Appreciate!

Mark.

Guest Mike550
Hi! Paul,

This is really a masterpiece!

I bought HTC Shift because of your contribution!

By the way, I've done the part of liberating my Shift.

But I couldn't find the "SHIFTpacks" to restore the function of WM6.

Please tell me where I can get it!

Appreciate!

Mark.

Look at Post #3 in this thread (first page)

Cheers

Mike

Guest liyiwen
The step by step guide to using SHIFTpack.Liberate
  1. First you need to send to your device with those files we mentioned. Either input your email address below...
    • E-Mail Address for SHIFTpack.Liberate files:
or click these links to send them to yourself the hard way!
  • LNK file
  • CAB file

• We're going to save one of these files in the 'Settings' directory that appears when you hit 'Settings' on the homescreen, so we need to do some cheeky stuff to get access to that. So...
    • Start a new mail
    • Select 'Insert Picture'
    • Browse to \Windows
    • With the keyboard, navigate so 'Settings' is highlighted, and hit CTRL-X. The folder icon will go a lighter colour.
    • Now navigate to \My Documents, and hit CTRL-V. Settings will appear.
    • Select 'Cancel Message' to close that new message.

[*]We're now ready to save the files. Firstly, press and hold on the CAB file, Select 'Save As' and save in the default location. Next press and hold on the .lnk file, select 'Save As' but this time drop down the 'Folder' box and select 'Settings'.

[*]We're now ready to put that settings menu back where it should be.

[*]Start a new mail

[*]Select 'Insert Picture'

[*]Browse to \My Documents

[*]With the keyboard, navigate so 'Settings' is highlighted, and hit CTRL-X. The folder icon will go a lighter colour.

[*]Now navigate to \Windows, and hit CTRL-V. Settings will appear right down the bottom of the list.

[*]Select 'Cancel Message' to close that new message.

[*]Good stuff, we're now ready to actually carry out the Liberation :D From the home screen, select Settings as normal, and you'll see a new option - 'Liberate'! Select it, say yes to the prompt, and let it finish. Then close the Settings page and reopen it before hitting the 'Soft Reset' item that has now appeared (you'll notice 'Liberate' has now disappeared from here!).

[*]The device reboots, and it is liberated! Hurrah! You can use the 'USB Tool' option that is now in Settings to hook up to Vista (as in the video) and do all the normal stuff you'd expect to do with Windows Mobile! :(

Hi Paul,

Thanks a lot for your great work! I get my shift liberated....

but question is how to use "USB Tool"????

specially now I still don't know how to hook up to Vista for installing Office Mobile 6.1 (for use via Vista side) due to can't see your video......

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.