Problems with GPRS+T-Mobile UK

Guest BorgmanJayce

Guest BorgmanJayce

For the past few weeks, I've not been able to get a GPRS signal at all via T-Mobile UK and yet I can a Wi-Fi signal especially via my Sky Broadband WiFi router which is OK if I want to download files to my phone but for someone like me who's epileptic [and who's just about recovered from a attack caused by overheating on Tuesday], it's no laughing matter when the phone's GPRS signal isn't working properly at all!

I was told a week ago to hand it in for repair but the only problem would be that I'd lose all my data plus it would take up to a month to repair which is no good for someone like me who doesn't have any way to back up his data to another source...

I don't know why this is happening all of a sudden...

Is anybody else encountering this problem besides me and if so, do they have a means of fixing it?

For the past few weeks, I've not been able to get a GPRS signal at all via T-Mobile UK and yet I can a Wi-Fi signal especially via my Sky Broadband WiFi router which is OK if I want to download files to my phone but for someone like me who's epileptic [and who's just about recovered from a attack caused by overheating on Tuesday], it's no laughing matter when the phone's GPRS signal isn't working properly at all!

I was told a week ago to hand it in for repair but the only problem would be that I'd lose all my data plus it would take up to a month to repair which is no good for someone like me who doesn't have any way to back up his data to another source...

I don't know why this is happening all of a sudden...

Is anybody else encountering this problem besides me and if so, do they have a means of fixing it?

Have you tried a Hard Reset? You can back up your device to the storage card if you download a demo of either SPB Backup or Sprite Backup. Hard reset and see if that fixes the problem, then restore from your backup.

Windows Mobile is annoying in that many problems can be resolved with the dreaded Hard Reset! :D

• 2 months later...
Guest OnOffPT

I am having the same problem.

I cannot even get the GPRS settings from the T-mobile website. I receive the notification but the settings do not change.

Tell me if you find the solution.