MMS settings:@ help please!

Guest adamjspvm3100

Guest adamjspvm3100

hi, this is my first post on this forum so hi to everybody:)

I recently bought the SPVm3100 obviously on orange, i unlocked it and now use an o2 sim. However im having major trouble with the MMS settings. I have been on various websites spent hours findin settings and trying them nothing seems to work? i know this has probably been discussed many of times on this forum so please be patient. Anyone any ideas?

Also i understand that if you want to use a micro SD card bigger than 2gb you need the newer ROM software, how do i check if i have the new or old ROM software? thanks guys

Guest adamjspvm3100

just to clarify guys my gprs works and the current settings i have for my mms are:

GPRS MMS service

Access Point: wap.o2.co.uk

Username: o2wap

Password: password

IP address: 193.113.200.195

Mmsc Address: http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002

and it is being told to connect through my gprs im really lost here guys

Guest UndeadDevil

Hi, and welcome to Modaco.

To find out if your ROM supports MicroSDHC Cards go to Start, Settings, About. Version 6 and 6.1 support 4Gb/8Gb, the upgrade to newer Windows Mobile versions is free. (If you have Version 5, I highly recommend upgrading it. You can get Offical ROM's from HTC's Site or 6.1 from XDA-Dev)

As for your MMS settings, the easiest way to sort this issue out is to save the following file to your PDA and Install it (Open it in File Manager)

This CAB Installer will install all the O2 Settings including MMS.

O2UK.CAB

Edited by UndeadDevil

Guest adamjspvm3100

thanks alot mate i wil ty the CAB file now. Yes have version 5 how do i get hold of XDA-DEV to get version 6.1? is it easy to install?

Guest UndeadDevil

6.1 is still somewhat unreliable, so if the SPV is your first phone with Windows Mobile I'd recommend taking the easy router and upgrading to 6.0 on o2's Web Site. I'm not 100% sure if it'll take the serial number from the SPV but as it just goes to HTC's site it should. This would pre-config your phone to use all of o2's Features and install a few nice extras.

http://www.my-xda.com/software_updates.jsp (Note: TyTN = XDA Trion)

Guest adamjspvm3100
6.1 is still somewhat unreliable, so if the SPV is your first phone with Windows Mobile I'd recommend taking the easy router and upgrading to 6.0 on o2's Web Site. I'm not 100% sure if it'll take the serial number from the SPV but as it just goes to HTC's site it should. This would pre-config your phone to use all of o2's Features and install a few nice extras.

http://www.my-xda.com/software_updates.jsp (Note: TyTN = XDA Trion)

ye the 6.1 still seem to have a few problem? on xda-dev there seem to be a few little issues popping up so i will wait till faria has sorted them all out. tried the o2 site and it said the number was wrong?:D any ideas mate? thanks alot really appreciat your help so far

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mrplatypus
Hi, and welcome to Modaco.

To find out if your ROM supports MicroSDHC Cards go to Start, Settings, About. Version 6 and 6.1 support 4Gb/8Gb, the upgrade to newer Windows Mobile versions is free. (If you have Version 5, I highly recommend upgrading it. You can get Offical ROM's from HTC's Site or 6.1 from XDA-Dev)

As for your MMS settings, the easiest way to sort this issue out is to save the following file to your PDA and Install it (Open it in File Manager)

This CAB Installer will install all the O2 Settings including MMS.

Hi. Please would you post where to get official WM 6 Rom from? I have looked on 02 web site and from HTC - but cannot find a reference to be able to download a WM 6 rom.

Thanks

mrPlatypus

Guest UndeadDevil

Google XDA-Dev, look in the Hermes Windows Mobile 6 Upgrade Forum. You'll find many ROM's that you can flash and play with. There all built differently. (Just like Mobile Networks build there own adding in different crap)

I personally recommend the latest version of the ROM in my Sig, I have been using it for awhile now and had no problems.

Guest UndeadDevil

Google XDA-Dev, look in the Hermes Windows Mobile 6 Upgrade Forum. You'll find many ROM's that you can flash and play with. There all built differently. (Just like Mobile Networks build there own adding in different crap)

I personally recommend the latest version of the ROM in my Sig, I have been using it for awhile now and had no problems.