Upgrade to vista, not familiar with MDC6

Guest Hylando

Guest Hylando

I just recently upgraded to vista, with out knowning that activesync does not work... i was wondeirng if anyone could help me

I tried downloaded Windows Mobile Device center 6 but when i try to connect, the activesync on my blackjack says its connected but the WMDC6 says error... do i need WMDC6 on my phone?

or is there possibly a different software that people use to sync that is better then any windows prodcut?

Guest awarner (MVP)

Check your firewall settings etc also try connecting via bluetooth intead and see if that helps.

I have managed to sync my older device with WMDC and they have the ol Activsync. The C550 plays up once in a while but syncing with bluetooth sorts that out.

Guest Hylando

just tried with bluetooth, doesn't seem to work.

ive tried uninstalling, then reinstall WMDC several times, and i just can't seem to get it right, any other suggestions?

Guest jonathanbaker1
just tried with bluetooth, doesn't seem to work.

ive tried uninstalling, then reinstall WMDC several times, and i just can't seem to get it right, any other suggestions?

I had the same issues at first. It was easy to fix.

1.) On your phone: go into activeSync and click Menu then go down to Options.

2.) Here you will see one or many of the relationships that your phone has with various computers.

(I have 4, but you might have 1)

3.) Select them one by one (they might have names such as "Windows PC1" through "Windows PC4" or whatever you named the conection in your phone)

4.) most important part. Click Menu and Delete.

This will delete the conections with your PC, and you can start fresh with WMDC6 or whatever. Don't worry, it won't delete any real data from the phone just divorce it from the computer so it can marry your new Vista.

[EDIT] By the way, you can repair your connections with Outlook and Notes using the same method, that is if you use those to manage your contacts and notes...

Edited by jonathanbaker1

Guest Hylando

K, ive made some progress so far...

ive got it synced, and the read out on the blackjack says

Result: Snychronized

Port Not Availible: Cannot connect to PC

Close any programs that may be using the connection and try again.

i thought i got the right com ports but im not sure

Guest Shadowfixeruk
K, ive made some progress so far...

ive got it synced, and the read out on the blackjack says

Result: Snychronized

Port Not Availible: Cannot connect to PC

Close any programs that may be using the connection and try again.

i thought i got the right com ports but im not sure

I have had problems with vista and MDC in the past as well....

My work around was to connect as usual (although it won't work); disable windows firewall & then re enable windows firewall - this seems to rejig something and now it works....

HTH

SF

• 1 year later...