HTC prep 'HTC Touch Diamond' for imminent reveal + 'HTC Touch Pro' / 'HTC Touch Dual Pro' details

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Toyota-F1.com
Why does it look so weird and nobly on the back...

I think it looks quite good actually, plus it would make sense as it looks like a "Diamond", and I'm sure it's wouldn't be a problem to hold.

My problem is those touch-sensitive keys. I'm not fond of them... They are normally easily accidentally pressed (touched, rather) and more annoying than purposeful.

Edited by Toyota-F1.com

Guest Ovie

I think it looks good, if the device was 20mm thick then it would be awful, but it's just 10mm so it should be all good!

Guest shootydogthing

It does look good.

But seriously... the amount of stupidity on Engadget. not just in the comments section but by the editors!

"Maybe this has a slide-out QWERTY keyboard, but that seems to be on the CDMA Raphael"

If they just did some research and ended up here....

Guest timeline

So this time they say the graphics will be enabled. So I wonder what did they 'omit' to tell us this time? I have a machine that cannot charge and output audio at the same time due to internal shielding lacking. It's not the adapter cuz the adapter works perfectly on other model HTCs.

The next LG/Samsung one may be worth considering tho.

Guest l3v5y
So this time they say the graphics will be enabled. So I wonder what did they 'omit' to tell us this time?

To have manilla/Touch Flo 3d running at all smoothly, there has to be some kind of hardware accelleration. If you've ever seen how slow Manilla runs on a Universal, you'll understand how much more power/hardware accelleration the Diamond must have...

I think I'll be going for a Raphael if I can get hold of enough money...

Guest yrreP

I managed to have a VERY quick play with a Diamond today at work... and it looks pretty awesome! It's about the same size and weight as a SEM k850 (although thinner), looks and feels very smart.

There a nice feature with the stylus.. there appears to be a magnetic aspect to it, so when the stylus is within the device it sits very snugly and does not fall out! Also, if the device is in standby mode, and the stylus is removed it turns the device on! Nice.

Guest l3v5y
Am i the only one who has never lost a stylus?

:D

I've never lost a stylus! I did sit on one once...

I managed to have a VERY quick play with a Diamond today at work...

Did it run smoothly, or crash?

Guest yrreP
I've never lost a stylus! I did sit on one once...

Did it run smoothly, or crash?

It was.. yummy! Very smooooth, looks and feels fantastic.

It was running what i think would have been a standard HTC ROM, as it had their debug tools on it.

I also managed to play with one running a T-Mobile ROM today too, that was very nice indeed as well. It had a nice feature on the Today Screen which had various icons at the bottom, with each representing something like Messaging, Media, Contacts, etc. that you could easily scroll through to quickly access various aspects of the device.

I really like it.

Oh, and within USB to PC was the option to turn the device into a Mass Storage Device along side the usual gibberish.

Guest JASTECH

I still have my 6700 and now a SCH-i760 which is very nice but am looking forward to playing with the Diamond or Raphael.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mr Alom

No way I'm going to go down to 900mAh!!! I'm using 1600mAh battery on my Kaiser and I'm strugling to save the battery life until I go home after work.

Guest smartmove08

So do we yet have anything official as to whether the T-Mobile version (compact iv) is going to be 128mb or 192mb memory? Seems to be lots of contradicting information out there.

Guest l3v5y
So do we yet have anything official as to whether the T-Mobile version (compact iv) is going to be 128mb or 192mb memory? Seems to be lots of contradicting information out there.

AFAIK, the 128MB devices were all pre production models, so it should be 192mb!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.