EXPIRED: Pink Qtek 8500 - £35.00 delivered at eXpansys!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest DarkWanderer
Discontinued! Oh well. My oldeest Smartflip is starting to show 'socket wear' in that it's a bit loose / moveable but it still connects ok. The 3125 comes with a Y cable in the box but I think this is so you can charge the phone and plug the headphones in at the same time. I'll find the box and check.

M.S

Yeah I came across that splitter her: http://www.expansys.com/htc/p_htc_item.aspx?i=140427

If anyone wants one.

Edit: maybe with this flurry of sales of this phone they might look on a back shelf somewhere for some old stock...... we can but hope! (But I'm not holding my breath :D )

Edited by DarkWanderer

Guest famewolf
Has anyone been brave enough to try WM6.1 Pro on it yet?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=378709

:D

P

With the addition of quickmenu it's quite usable...I only rarely need the "fake cursor" and quickmeny gives you easy navigation..a task manager to kill apps and an easy way to swap between them..the home button pulls up the start menu and holding home down does an ok/close. Some screenshots here with quickmenu:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=394252

Guest Monolithix

Clearly the bargainous price has helped, but the popularity of both this, the E650 and the original Smartflip expansys clear out surely points to a strong desire for a decent set of new Standard handsets, where are they?! One of the most visible updates in WinMo 6.1 is the new Standard homescreen yet there are few (non-qwerty) devices out there to take advantage of it!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Paul (MVP)

You'd think, and I'm a big SP fan. But everything I hear from people in the industry is 'they don't sell'... hence the move towards PPC! :D

P

Guest DarkWanderer
You'd think, and I'm a big SP fan. But everything I hear from people in the industry is 'they don't sell'... hence the move towards PPC! :D

P

Sounds like a vicious circle. They don't sell because there aren't any new ones to buy and the ones they did make had limited capabilities. Technology has moved on, if someone released a SP with the features of a PPC (wifi, gps and 3g) I think they'd shift them. The e650 came close but it doesn't have working GPS and I think the keyboard might have put off some mainstream phone punters, making it look more like a business device to them, the novelty of the keyboard would wear off once their friends had seen it a few times and it kept opening by mistake. Ok it might tempt some business customers from buying PPC's but if the software included was more consumer targeted (with optional business pack maybe) it would sell. If the GPS could be used as a "Where's my friend" feature it would probably catch on.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.