TomTom Navigator 5

Guest gords

Guest gords

I have just got a TyTN II and would like to use TomTom Navigator 5 on it. I called TomTom support and they could not give me a definitive answer as to whether it will work or not :D

Also, if I un-register my current device (HP HX4700) and find that Nav 5 doesn't work on the TyTN II - I will not be able to register it on the HX4700 again!!

So, does anyone know if Navigator 5 will work?

Guest brandall
I have just got a TyTN II and would like to use TomTom Navigator 5 on it. I called TomTom support and they could not give me a definitive answer as to whether it will work or not :D

Also, if I un-register my current device (HP HX4700) and find that Nav 5 doesn't work on the TyTN II - I will not be able to register it on the HX4700 again!!

Works absolutely fine for me - installed no problem.

Guest Mr Alom

I use Tom Tom 6 on my Kaiser but I know a colleague that uses 5 and he's got no problem with it.

• 1 year later...
Guest Mamma-T
I use Tom Tom 6 on my Kaiser but I know a colleague that uses 5 and he's got no problem with it.

Anyone still reading this thread? I'm trying to put TTN 5 on my tytn II (just got it). Cab files install ok, but no TTN icon to click on. I've used the software before on my palm tungsten no problem. Anyone have any ideas?

Guest awarner (MVP)

Are you trying to use the same software you used on your Palm? if so it is the wrong format.

You need the software for Windows PocketPC and not Palm.

Guest Mamma-T
Are you trying to use the same software you used on your Palm? if so it is the wrong format.

You need the software for Windows PocketPC and not Palm.

AH......Darn....I had a feeeling. And yes, I was trying it with the software that came with my palm device. Aargh. Will the maps from a palm device work with a pocket pc app of the software? And is it possible to get a nav 5 version? or is better to go newer for the tytnII?