Registry DUMBO

Guest brandall

Guest brandall

I need some really basic help guys.......

I've got my Tytn II and run through all the suggested tweaks and freeware etc - if I could have downloaded go faster stripes I would have done!

The one I have left is ""Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\Camera\P9 and change the value "enabled" from 0 to 1""

I've installed Total Commander, but I have absolutely no idea how to Navigate from the opening screen to view/edit these keys!?!

I know what the replies may be..... if I can find a registry key probably best not to be messing.... ok, very funny in advance... but I cant find an idiots guide no matter where I search.

Or maybe I'm searching in the wrong place too!!!

Help please!!

Cheers

Guest chucky.egg

I dont use Total Commander, so this is guesswork...

You might need to use the folder selector (up at the top of the TC screen), or possibly the yellow cube icon (second from the right at the bottom of the screen) to choose the registry.

You'll know when you're there because you should see stuff like "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE", "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" etc. Just browse them as though they were regular folders.

Guest brandall
I dont use Total Commander, so this is guesswork...

You might need to use the folder selector (up at the top of the TC screen), or possibly the yellow cube icon (second from the right at the bottom of the screen) to choose the registry.

You'll know when you're there because you should see stuff like "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE", "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" etc. Just browse them as though they were regular folders.

Thanks for your reply - I sorted it in the end with this that I found over at xda-dev:

"to edit the registry using total commander first open the application and then hit the "\" key on the top right which will then take you to the "main page" of total commander, you will then see a folder list the first of which will read "\\Plugins" double click that or press and hold and select "open" after opening another folder list will appear with 3 folders named "ftp, LAN and registry" then either double click or press and hold and select open on the folder named "registry" and from there on its similar to most other registry editing programs with the 3 folders " HKCR, HKCU and HKLM""

After that it all went to plan!

Cheers