The official Celio REDFLY 'Ask Paul' thread

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Mysterious Stranger

Typing update:

"The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog" written as a text message on a Tytn Wm6 over USB.

It finished updating the screen a full SEVEN SECONDS after I had stopped. :D

Hopefully a driver fix will eventually sort this. The amount of typing I do would make it unusable.

M.S

edit - (emphasis) - no lagging in notepad.

Edited by Mysterious Stranger

WM6.1 or WM6?

P

Ummmmmm...... The HTC 'E-Club' update one. I'd assume it's 6.0 from the date?

Rom Version 3.54.255.3

Rom Date 07/05/07

M.S

Seems the Tytn isn't 'on the list' so it's not a fair test. I have a Treo 750 somewhere I'll try. Shame I flogged my Tytn II when it arrived! I'll hold off on any more 'issues' reporting 'till i'm using a phone off their list. I'll stick to using it with Citrix for now!

http://www.citrix.com/english/ps2/citrixre...ntentID=1350302

M.S

Edited by Mysterious Stranger

Guest Paul (MVP)

M.S., in your Start -> Settings -> Redfly -> About pane on your device, ensure you are running 1.2.0.2615.

There was a significant update recently that considerably improved speed for me!

P

M.S., in your Start -> Settings -> Redfly -> About pane on your device, ensure you are running 1.2.0.2615.

There was a significant update recently that considerably improved speed for me!

P

Nope, got .2606. From their website! Would have thought their download would be the latest version. I'll have a hunt around, ta.

M.S

p.s app won't install on an s710 as 'insufficient permissions', acts all weird on an s730 ( no softkeys displayed, clickin the pointer does nowt, phone keypad still responds ok. I'm going to do a table of devices / quirks :-)

p.p.s had a 'your device is low on memory and may become unstable' warning earlier today on the Tytn and it bombed the app. Was using PIE to surf eBay over wifi / usb to the redfly, phone recovered immediatley.

Guest Paul (MVP)

The ver on their website is that one (in CAB form at least!)

You are installing the SP version on the S710 not the PPC version I assume?

P

The ver on their website is that one (in CAB form at least!)

You are installing the SP version on the S710 not the PPC version I assume?

P

It auto detects the phone / o.s when you install. I'd downloaded the setup.exe which obviously hasn't been updated!

M.S

Guest PDAMerlin

Hi Paul

Can I ask where you got the 2615 driver? I have goto 2606 from the web, and the 5 redfly's i've just got (not all for me!) all have 2606 on the CD.

Apart from a little lag (Using TyTn II) they are excellent and have made using Remote Desktop so much easier - The TyTnII is a better device to use as a phone/pda than the X7500 which I have been using.

Merlin

Hi Paul

Can I ask where you got the 2615 driver? I have goto 2606 from the web, and the 5 redfly's i've just got (not all for me!) all have 2606 on the CD.

Apart from a little lag (Using TyTn II) they are excellent and have made using Remote Desktop so much easier - The TyTnII is a better device to use as a phone/pda than the X7500 which I have been using.

Merlin

2615 is in the .cab files on their site. Their site seems a little confused over versions though as it only offers the PPC.cab for any device inc. smartphones ( treo 750 etc)

I've attached the file below. I still have the text message typing issue on the Tytn with the newer version.

M.S

REDFLYPocketPC6.CAB

Guest PDAMerlin

Hi all

Paul, thanks for the CAB file.

Another quick question - What theme are you all using on your PDA's? I have 5 redflies and 5 TyTN II's

When any of them have the Windows Default theme (the blue one) enabled, the Today screen on the redfly is just a white screen with the today item icons on it - no blue background so you can't read it.

The only theme that works is the "Windows Mobile Green" one, but I don't like that!

Also, even with the WM Green theme, the bottom line of the screen (where the softkey "words" are) is not displayed in the right colour - its a really light green (or in the case of the blue theme a really light blue) with white text for the words that you can hardly see...

Any advice appreiated, and/or has anyone got a nice black/dark grey tsk file that they can post, that works with the redfly?

PDAMerlin

Guest PDAMerlin
I'm using the standard black HTC one... and yes, the bottom soft keys seem to be the wrong colour.

Ah! I haven't got that theme - mine's an O2 branded one and non of the themes (except green) work. Must be an O2 thing! Is it possible to get the HTC Black tsk file anywhere?

PDAMerlin

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Networkguy

Can I please ask a late question to those who have these things.

I am right now torn between upgrading my S710 to a Touch Pro or the new S740.

Now I am seriously thinking that my better option may be to go for the S740 and put the money saved towards one of these.

But on a smartphone which of course has no mouse, how does the mouse work? Indeed does it work at all.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Can I please ask a late question to those who have these things.

I am right now torn between upgrading my S710 to a Touch Pro or the new S740.

Now I am seriously thinking that my better option may be to go for the S740 and put the money saved towards one of these.

But on a smartphone which of course has no mouse, how does the mouse work? Indeed does it work at all.

Thanks

The Redfly can emulate a 5-way D-pad on screen which is controlled by the touchpad. See P12 of the user guide available here:-

http://www.celiocorp.com/uploads/REDFLY_User_Guide.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.