Longing for an Orange (colour not network!) TyTN II? Here's how!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Here's a lil something I stumbled across while looking for spares for my StrTrk a few days ago... I think this Orange TyTN II case looks great! It's OEM too, which is interesting, as it makes me suspect that someone, somewhere will be launching a TyTN II in this colour. It looks similar in colour to the Softbank X02HT don't you think? :D

Anyway, that aside, who's going to be the first to spring for $79.99 and then be brave enough to dissect their Kaiser? I think it'd look SWEET! :(

P

Edit: Helps if I include the link!

orangetytnii-20080521-093859.jpg

Guest Syphon Filter

Are there any instructions on how to take your Kaiser apart? I tried getting the front face of mine off a while back but failed.

Guest Mysterious Stranger
Here's a lil something I stumbled across while looking for spares for my StrTrk a few days ago... I think this Orange TyTN II case looks great! It's OEM too, which is interesting, as it makes me suspect that someone, somewhere will be launching a TyTN II in this colour. It looks similar in colour to the Softbank X02HT don't you think? :D

Anyway, that aside, who's going to be the first to spring for $79.99 and then be brave enough to dissect their Kaiser? I think it'd look SWEET! :(

P

orangetytnii-20080521-093859.jpg

Quote like the colour - not as 'orange' as a certain operator would want if branding it. Sure it's OEM with no logos on it?....

p.s StrTrk spares are showing up on eBay now - I assume that big customer who cleared out the smartflips from eXpansys has stripped for spares...

M.S

Guest Mysterious Stranger
I heard that that was going to happen (stripping for spares!)

IIRC someone in HK bought the lot!

P

Yeah but funny the mainboards never get listed so where's the value? £3 battery, £3 charger, £15 casing, £15 LCD, £3 pouch (smartflips came with a carrying case) and £3 headset - for a phone that was selling @ £59.95 - even assuming a healthy bulk discount it hardly seems worth it if you add in labour to strip down....

M.S

Guest awarner (MVP)

Completely off topic I noticed this interesting 3G handset on the Softbank site.

Digital tuner and can also record to microSD plus OLED display.

Now where's the Windows Mobile version?

ttl_820sc_h1-01.jpg

More info HERE

Guest pisquee

Am liking the colour, but think that the price is a bit steep - for that price I'd want someone fitting the new case for me!

Guest xorangefirex

It really does look nice, but I would definitely want someone to do the installation for me. Also I would want to know if the orange paint would ever come off b/c if I'm spending that kind of money I want it to last indefinitely. Also, it is anodized not adonized finish :D

Edited by xorangefirex

Guest Driekus

It's good to see you English blokes are supporting the Orange Team in the European Championship now that the English team has decided to stay home this June... :D

Go Holland!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.