Installing third party apps on the Samsung SCH-i670

Guest Raythelll

Guest Raythelll

I am using a iMac.

My phone is the Samsung SCH-i760 from Verizon

I have downloaded Wisbar Advance 3, Wisbar Desktop, iContacts 3, gCalc 3, PocketNester, and tgfldllsp50e

The problem I am having is that none of the above programs will install on my new phone. Some of the CAB files will run, but none of the EXE files will. I get the error message "...is not a valid Pocket PC application."

How do I fix this problem?

Guest Hitman0769
I am using a iMac.

My phone is the Samsung SCH-i760 from Verizon

I have downloaded Wisbar Advance 3, Wisbar Desktop, iContacts 3, gCalc 3, PocketNester, and tgfldllsp50e

The problem I am having is that none of the above programs will install on my new phone. Some of the CAB files will run, but none of the EXE files will. I get the error message "...is not a valid Pocket PC application."

How do I fix this problem?

edit: i am not exactly an expert yet but are you aware your current OS is Windows Mobile 6 PROFESSIONAL?

my only advice is this:

1/attempt to obtain the "Desktop Installation Files" to each of the programs you desire. (this will be an EXE which runs on your desktop pc while you are connected to your phone and will install in that manner.

*PS--do not use a iMac for this as most of the files (ESPECIALLY EMULATORS) are probably formatted for Windows

2/for the remaining apps that still do not work attempt to find replacements which are explicitly said to be WM6 PRO compatible, as part of the problem COULD be that you are running WM6PRO and not WM6 Standard.

Please try those steps out then come back and tell us the results. Im sorry I couldnt offer more advice but the more you tell the people here the more they can help.

Edited by Hitman0769

Guest Raythelll
edit: i am not exactly an expert yet but are you aware your current OS is Windows Mobile 6 PROFESSIONAL?

my only advice is this:

1/attempt to obtain the "Desktop Installation Files" to each of the programs you desire. (this will be an EXE which runs on your desktop pc while you are connected to your phone and will install in that manner.

*PS--do not use a iMac for this as most of the files (ESPECIALLY EMULATORS) are probably formatted for Windows

2/for the remaining apps that still do not work attempt to find replacements which are explicitly said to be WM6 PRO compatible, as part of the problem COULD be that you are running WM6PRO and not WM6 Standard.

Please try those steps out then come back and tell us the results. Im sorry I couldnt offer more advice but the more you tell the people here the more they can help.

Thank you. Everything worked fine after I installed them with ActiveSync on the PC version of my iMac.

Edited by Raythelll