Transfer all settings & data from one Touch to another?

Guest razzdazz

Guest razzdazz

Long story short, I have a Touch with all my specific settings, programs, contacts (with pictures) and random data and files.

I also have a new Touch.

I'm looking to get everything from the first one over to the second one as quickly and easily as possible. Just moving the sim card and flash card wasn't even close to enough, so I have just put them back in the old phone for now and hard reset the new one.

Any ideas and/or (free if possible) programs which could get everything? Settings are a big must....I hate and can barely remember all the specific settings I had and where they are.

Thanks SOOOO much for any help!! :D

Guest chucky.egg

A demo version of Sprite Backup should do the job (it's worth buying anyway IMO). You can create a duplicate of your "old" device on the "new" one.

Backup your old one (you can create a self-extracting backup)

copy the backup file to microSD, put that in the new one

restore the backup

If you've got different ROM versions you might have problems, but I suspect not TBH

Guest razzdazz

lol...you'd be right about the ROM thingy...considering I don't really know what that is! :D

Anyway...thank you for the help!

so, if I got this right...I need to get this Sprite Backup, and install it on my old phone. Then use it to create a self-extracting backup (I assume these are options I can choose in the program), and save it to microSD card. Move the card to the new phone...find the backup file, and just run it.

and presto? hope so! :(

Thanks again!!! Much appreciated!

A demo version of Sprite Backup should do the job (it's worth buying anyway IMO). You can create a duplicate of your "old" device on the "new" one.

Backup your old one (you can create a self-extracting backup)

copy the backup file to microSD, put that in the new one

restore the backup

If you've got different ROM versions you might have problems, but I suspect not TBH

Guest chucky.egg

That's right.

Self-extracting is an option you need to turn on I think, by default it creates a non-self-extracting file

ROM = Windows Mobile on a chip. Different versions and builds exist, even between same models. Nothing to lose by trying though - if it doesn't work the worst case is you have to Hard Reset (restore to factory defaults, backup your data first!) your device.