Blackjack 2 WM 6.1 standard ROM

Guest hagie92

Guest hagie92

Anyone out there have that windows mobile 6.1 standard version for the Blackjack 2?? TONS of people are asking for it, and I cant seem to find it either! I know there is a cooked version for the Regular Blackjack, but www.txcaesar.net has been really messed up for a while!

IF YOU HAVE A BLACKJACK 2 WITH WINDOWS MOBILE 6.1, PLEASE POST THE ROM SOMEWHERE ON THE WEB! HERE IS A WEBSITE: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...hlight=grab-it

This program allows you to extract your ROM, but as far as getting it ready to upgrade to other Blackjack 2 devices, well I may need help with that.

Thanks!

Hagan

Guest Karnivore
Anyone out there have that windows mobile 6.1 standard version for the Blackjack 2?? TONS of people are asking for it, and I cant seem to find it either! I know there is a cooked version for the Regular Blackjack, but www.txcaesar.net has been really messed up for a while!

IF YOU HAVE A BLACKJACK 2 WITH WINDOWS MOBILE 6.1, PLEASE POST THE ROM SOMEWHERE ON THE WEB! HERE IS A WEBSITE: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...hlight=grab-it

This program allows you to extract your ROM, but as far as getting it ready to upgrade to other Blackjack 2 devices, well I may need help with that.

Thanks!

Hagan

It does not exist. Not yet anyway.

Guest Sed8ed

Sweet looking update...it needs to released A.S.A.P....so that I can play.....LOL

Wouldnt mind seeing a cooked up version either. Alas XDA developers have shunned the smartphone edition and wont work on it.... I remember seeing a forum thread over there regarding the BJII and starting a ROM discussion section....it was declined, mods must hate the Standard Edition LOL.

Edited by Sed8ed

Guest Toilet Duk

For those of you who have done the upgrade dance on other devices, how badly will it mess things up when the ROM actually comes out (my applications, my registry settings, and so on)?

Guest hagie92

http://www.txcaesar.net/mobile/mobile/index.php

These people tell me they are working on a WM 6.1 ROM for the Blackjack 2. They have one for the Original Blackjack, but I was told they are having a hard time finding a compatible bootloader for the BJ II! I hope this works...and soon! It looks so cool...

And yes, NO ONE seems to want to help with the standard version of WM 6.1...expecially XDA-Developers... :D

-Hagie92

• 4 weeks later...
Guest tanalee

Aloha...

I just bought the BJ II a couple of weeks ago, and have been going crazy trying to find the WM6.1 upgrade. I finally called Samsung yesterday (6/25/08) because MS told me to. Samsung told me to call MS. Some people have told me to talk to AT&T. : (

The (rude) Samsung rep said that Samsung does not recommend the WM 6.1 at this time. He said that when they make it available, the announcement will be made on their News page.

Bah humbug!!

Tana-Lee

Guest hagie92

Oh yes, they are not nice about it at all. They know people are (somewhere) out there making cooked ROMs and leaking other software that was actually intended for the phone...but it is VERY hard to find, so far...It's supposed to be released this year...but that don't mean anything to me, expecially if its coming from microsoft. :D

Hagie92

Guest tanalee

Aloha...

Here is the email I sent to and received from Samsung the other day in regard to WM 6.1 for BJ II:

----------------------

Aloha...

I read in Smartphone magazine and elsewhere that AT&T has made the Windows Mobile 6.1 upgrade available for the Samsung Blackjack II.

I cannot find it anywhere.

When and where will it REALLY be available for download?

Thanks!

Tana-Lee

Dear Tana-Lee,

Thank you for your inquiry. At the current time, we are in the process of testing, our phones with Windows 6.1 We are unable to speculate when or if this software revision might be available because this might lead to inaccurate information and confusion. Please feel free to check back with us periodically for updates.

Do you have more questions regarding your Samsung Mobile Phone? For 24 hour information and assistance, we offer a new FAQ/ARS System (Automated Response System) at http://www.samsungtelecom.com/support It's like having your very own personal Samsung Technician at your fingertips.

Your interest in Samsung products is appreciated.

Sincerely,

Technical Support

----------------------

The hacks are looking more tempting every day. : (

Tana-Lee

Guest hagie92

Yes, yes they are. But the hacks aren't even ready yet! haha, I guess its just a waiting game. The iPhone 3G looks good to me. :D

Guest hagie92

I emailed them too...mine was a little more "straight-forward", just to try and pry for some info. Appearently lots of people ask, because my email was almost identical to yours. Hey, I don't think they even know when its gonna be released! haha...I guess we will just have to see...

I HATE WAITING.

Hagie92

Guest sallo32

I want to make some changes on my Blackjack but I want to backup the customized roms/cabs from the carrier it's a way to do so?

Thanks for the help guys.

Edited by sallo32

• 1 month later...
Guest surfturtle

I just upgraded to Windows Mobile 6.1 and it worked like a charm and from first glance it looks amazing however I am stuck with no Internet access.

I am not using AT&T network and everything works fine (calls in/out) but the GPRS settings are locked to AT&T.

I tried adding a new connection but it won't work since the pre-configured AT&T settings cannot be removed.

Can anyone help me unlock the GPRS settings?

Thanks

Edited by surfturtle

Guest ntrudr1400

Ok what am I doing wrong. I back up phone then start then update it says to connect ph and start active sync then phone just powers off. All box says is wait for

connecting device

Guest ABritInNY
Ok what am I doing wrong. I back up phone then start then update it says to connect ph and start active sync then phone just powers off. All box says is wait for

connecting device

OK, so I'm not crazy :wacko: Mine did the same thing, I still can't figure out what I did wrong ;) can anyone out there help us...

Guest rravuri

goto settings > connections

then select menu> advanced

set the internet connection selection to the new gprs connection you created

I just upgraded to Windows Mobile 6.1 and it worked like a charm and from first glance it looks amazing however I am stuck with no Internet access.

I am not using AT&T network and everything works fine (calls in/out) but the GPRS settings are locked to AT&T.

I tried adding a new connection but it won't work since the pre-configured AT&T settings cannot be removed.

Thanks

Guest rravuri

goto Settings > Connections

and then select Menu > Advanced

Then set the Internet connection to the new gprs connection that you created.

Thanks

Guest whatwhatpopeye
goto Settings > Connections

and then select Menu > Advanced

Then set the Internet connection to the new gprs connection that you created.

if you further want a secure wap connection that you can edit, use "wap.cingular" for the access point and "CINGULAR1" for the password. Also, for the internet to work on my blackjack 2 i had to go through IEB)