MDA Vario IV pics and specs

Guest CongoJoe

Guest Syphon Filter
Vista on a new Sony SZ71... and it will "sleep" for circa 10 hours without power or hibernate for days - coming back from sleep takes about 7 seconds and from hibernate takes about 20.

Even my old laptop (a Sony s3xp) would sleep for about 3 hours and thus be quickly usable when needed.

That's fair, to go from sleep to usable should be near enough instant seeing as the machine is already running from a technical point of view.

Either way, I still find texting (I'm assuming you dont do this from your laptop or does it allow that via the device used for HSDPA?) and writing email (when I dont have my laptop with me nor want it with me) much easier/faster with a hardware keyboard such as that found on say a Kaiser or Blackberry (both of which I own).

I'm not talking about using something like either of those aforementioned devices for blogging or other intensive stuff etc...if you want a lightweight device for stuff like that then these days you'd be much better off with a "netbook" class machine (if that's what you like). But a hardware keyboard/pad is far superior, even for quick stuff (IMO).

Edited by Syphon Filter

Guest jimbouk

I agree that hardware keyboard is useful if you have both thumbs free... but I use the onscreen keyboards on my Kaiser more and more now. Especially when holding a latte on the train.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest SimonTALM
T Mobile have just confirmed to me that Vario4's aren't due til September.

Hmm, this is a quote from an email I received from T-Mobile a few days ago asking for when the Vario IV would be released

According to the information I have, the MDA Vario IV phone is scheduled to be released by us in this month. However, I can't tell you the exact date when it will be released. I'd advise you to visit our website to keep up to date with all the new models.

Implying that the Vario IV would be released in July. However, given that the Touch Pro isn't due for release until September (according to Expansys) I think your information is more likely to be correct than mine :D .

Guest l3v5y
Hmm, this is a quote from an email I received from T-Mobile a few days ago asking for when the Vario IV would be released

Implying that the Vario IV would be released in July. However, given that the Touch Pro isn't due for release until September (according to Expansys) I think your information is more likely to be correct than mine :D .

Maybe they got confused between the Compact IV, and the Vario IV...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest l3v5y
http://vario-iv-4.blogspot.com/

I've got somebody from Head Office now keeping me updated on this phones UK release. I shall update this blog whenever i hear anything, like I have done today. Claire. x

Awesome.

"Testing" seems a rediculous excuse given that some T-Mo countries have had branded ROMs running before the official release!

Guest Claire DC

Yeah it's a pretty lame excuse isn't it. I'm on their backs about it though, and I'm even calling up O2 and vodafone tomorrow to find out when they plan on getting it (as O2 are apparently not doing much tweaking with it, and vodafone are releasing it as the normal HTC Touch) so maybe if i say to head office that O2/vodafone are getting it out sooner and with less messing about, it may give them more incentive to get it out before one of their rivals.

It's worth a go anyway!

Yeah it's a pretty lame excuse isn't it. I'm on their backs about it though, and I'm even calling up O2 and vodafone tomorrow to find out when they plan on getting it (as O2 are apparently not doing much tweaking with it, and vodafone are releasing it as the normal HTC Touch) so maybe if i say to head office that O2/vodafone are getting it out sooner and with less messing about, it may give them more incentive to get it out before one of their rivals.

It's worth a go anyway!

My guess is they also want to increase the profits of current devices before deploying later devices.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest spv_user

Still not on the official T-Mobile site - I spoke with CS and they are still saying the handset is not avail. I do know that some have shipped and they are giving the handset out on high tarrif bussines plans.

John

Guest kingtendo

Dude. Contact t mobile and ask to go through to the upgrade dept. I got mine over a week ago and am enjoying "most" of its features. You need to be persistent. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.