C600 only works when on charger/USB

Guest angryfoot

Guest angryfoot

Hi, I'm new to Modaco and can't find anything on this problem....

Using a fully charged battery,my C600 thinks the battery is dead and switches off. The battery is definitely full (charged with my old C550).

It works fine when connected to a pc or charger (although the battery has an 'X' on it). I have tried three other batteries and a different charger.

It has ceased to be a 'mobile' phone!

Does anyone think this is fixable?

Cheers

(sorry if you've seen this on Hurricane post - I put it in the wrong place)

Guest angryfoot

Just to update, I have reset it but no change.

I've just bought a T5 screw driver and opened it up.

Can't see anything wrong with the battery connection bit.....

Guest angryfoot

Damn and blast, looks like it's bug gered then.

what a waste of £40

I'll give £30 to The Red Cross if anyone comes up with a remedy

Guest Mysterious Stranger

Damn and blast, looks like it's bug gered then.

what a waste of £40

I'll give £30 to The Red Cross if anyone comes up with a remedy

If the battery pins are all straight and level to each other, try re-flowing the solder for the connections.

If that didn't work, I would then attach fly leads to the charge terminals ( IIRC the outer pins of the 4), carefully re-assemble and measure the voltage ( if any) whilst trying to charge the battery. It could be a fusable resistor has blown. Can you borrow a charged battery anywhere? It could be the supply pins *from* the battery that are fubar'd.

M.S

Guest angryfoot

If the battery pins are all straight and level to each other, try re-flowing the solder for the connections.

If that didn't work, I would then attach fly leads to the charge terminals ( IIRC the outer pins of the 4), carefully re-assemble and measure the voltage ( if any) whilst trying to charge the battery. It could be a fusable resistor has blown. Can you borrow a charged battery anywhere? It could be the supply pins *from* the battery that are fubar'd.

M.S

Finally! Thanks M.S

Yep, all the pins are straight. I will try to resolder, just need to get a solder gun. I'v tried 3 batteries, all of which are fully charged and work on my C550. The C600 reads the batteries as dead.

Thanks for your time

Guest Mysterious Stranger
Finally! Thanks M.S

Yep, all the pins are straight. I will try to resolder, just need to get a solder gun. I'v tried 3 batteries, all of which are fully charged and work on my C550. The C600 reads the batteries as dead.

Thanks for your time

OK, if it reads the charged batteries as dead check continuity of the pins to the board, and look for white residue from corrosion around the major componants. An old toothbush and som iso-propyl alcohol are useful here. Most corrosion issues can be reversed :-)

M.S