What do you think of the new MOTO Q 9c?

Guest LAgirl

Guest Dark Horse
verizon_in_front.jpg

Looks good, it's thin, and has a bunch of sweet features. Gotta love smart phones. You can view the specs here:

Motorola Q 9c Specs

What you think?

Looks good for sure but no sale for me because that keyboard is too cramped plus it doesn't seem to have built in wifi :D

Guest LAgirl
Looks good for sure but no sale for me because that keyboard is too cramped plus it doesn't seem to have built in wifi :D

Actually, it has a miniSD memory card slot that supports SDIO Wi-Fi cards. :( The dimensions are 4.6” x 2.6” x 0.7”, I think that's a perfect size to keep up with the age of sleeker/thinner phones. Brick phones are pretty much extinct.

What phone do you currently have at the moment?

Guest Dark Horse
Actually, it has a miniSD memory card slot that supports SDIO Wi-Fi cards. :D The dimensions are 4.6” x 2.6” x 0.7”, I think that's a perfect size to keep up with the age of sleeker/thinner phones. Brick phones are pretty much extinct.

What phone do you currently have at the moment?

Agree, the days of bricks are long gone although you wouldn't think so looking at a lot of the current handsets. I have a Samsung i600, it's smaller and lighter than the Q9c and has wifi built in. I also found the keyboard easier to use :(

Guest LAgirl
Agree, the days of bricks are long gone although you wouldn't think so looking at a lot of the current handsets. I have a Samsung i600, it's smaller and lighter than the Q9c and has wifi built in. I also found the keyboard easier to use :D

I just like that you have the functionality to use the MOTO Q 9c for work and play. Not to mention it comes in 3 colors to choose from. Overall, I like the look of the MOTO Q 9c over the i600. The MOTO Q 9c retails for $419 on their site. How much did your phone cost? How old is your model?

Guest Dark Horse
I just like that you have the functionality to use the MOTO Q 9c for work and play. Not to mention it comes in 3 colors to choose from. Overall, I like the look of the MOTO Q 9c over the i600. The MOTO Q 9c retails for $419 on their site. How much did your phone cost? How old is your model?

The i600 itself is a 2 year old model but mine is just a few months old. As it's now been replaced by newer Samsung models, you can pick up brand new SIM free i600's for GBP £99 which is about about USD $200 (in the US, the i600 is sold as the Blackjack)

Guest LAgirl
The i600 itself is a 2 year old model but mine is just a few months old. As it's now been replaced by newer Samsung models, you can pick up brand new SIM free i600's for GBP £99 which is about about USD $200 (in the US, the i600 is sold as the Blackjack)

I heard that phone has the following problems and issues...

Slow user interface, Jog dial is sharp and hard to push in? Also heard it can not run on latest version of Windows Mobile? The Moto Q 9c runs on Windows Mobile 6 plus has Windows Media 10.

Guest Dark Horse
I heard that phone has the following problems and issues...

Slow user interface, Jog dial is sharp and hard to push in? Also heard it can not run on latest version of Windows Mobile? The Moto Q 9c runs on Windows Mobile 6 plus has Windows Media 10.

• WM5 user interface runs just fine and zips along, I found it's a lot quicker than WM2003SE plus the Samsung card wheel home screen is wonderful!
  • Jog Dial is one of the best things about the handset, makes navigation a breeze and is not at all hard to push in
  • You can update the firmware to the latest version of Windows Mobile 6, instructions on the MoDaCo thread here