Price changes for 08xx numbers!

Guest tsutton

Guest ajb3000
Ok, still slightly on this topic...

The new phone numbers that are starting to appear like Virgin Radio's 03301231215 and some voip numbers that start 0560. Anyone know if they are included within free minutes? Virgin claim their number is charged at "National Rate" but nobody seems to know about 0560 numbers...

03 numbers are a new range they brought in that's supposed to represent a national presence but are charged the same as 01 and 02 numbers, so theoretically they should be included in your free minutes. No idea about 0560 though, one would hope they would be included but I somehow doubt it.

Guest Confucious
All numbers prefixed by (inc VAT) Call charges range from to

0800/0500 Free 10p

0808 Free 10p

All other 08 14 Free £2.50

Useful!

Thanks for the link.

Guest ajb3000
Calls to numbers allocated to voice over internet protocol providers are not included in the inclusive minutes of any price plan (and are charged as

the same as a call to another GSM networks’ customer).

I have two different VoIP number that start 01 and 02, I wonder if they would be counted as standard landline numbers or VoIP numbers?

Guest Mark

I also have a VOIP number that starts 01 and it is charged just like a standard landline to call. This is from sipgate.

In fact you can even text it, then it rings from bt and reads out the text! :D

• 1 month later...
Guest sxywill2005

T-Mobile won't let me cancel :D

I spoke to them yesterday and they say that the info on the post about what Ofcom said is untrue and that their increase of 08's is justified.

I call 08's for banking etc, so my bill will go up.

They say they will let me cancel if Ofcom was to agree with me in writing.

Any help please.... I want an iPhone and need to escape T-Mob!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Christopher Woods
T-Mobile won't let me cancel :D

I spoke to them yesterday and they say that the info on the post about what Ofcom said is untrue and that their increase of 08's is justified.

I call 08's for banking etc, so my bill will go up.

They say they will let me cancel if Ofcom was to agree with me in writing.

Any help please.... I want an iPhone and need to escape T-Mob!

I think the argument you need to have with them is more that they've made changes to your service that are detrimental to your circumstances, go gem up on unenforceable contract terms act (i think that's what it's called), sales of goods and services act, distance selling act. If you can refine and hone your argument to a point mentioning all the appropriate legal clauses, I think they'd probably back down then.

Be prepared to take out a county court case against them - the cost to you is capped at £34 (it's assessed depending on the value of your claim) and you can seek termination of contract that way (plus companies HATE having County Court Judgements on their credit files, it causes them no end of problems so they usually settle out of court at the last minute).

Guest Christopher Woods
03 numbers are a new range they brought in that's supposed to represent a national presence but are charged the same as 01 and 02 numbers, so theoretically they should be included in your free minutes. No idea about 0560 though, one would hope they would be included but I somehow doubt it.

For the record, when I was back on O2 (wayyyyyyyy back, at least 2 years), JUST when they brought out the HomeHub, my mate had an 0560 number - it's a BT-only number range for their own VoIP service (exclusive to BT customers). Both personal and business users can get an 05 VoIP number.

When I rang him on my ooooold O2 phone, it was counted just like an 01/02 call. I'm fairly sure I've called an 05 number since then on T-Mobile, and it's come out of inclusive allowance. I'd just ring it, see if it's counted as inclusive or out of allowance - and if it's counted as out of allowance, ring them up and HOLLER because it's a call to a geographic number just like an 01 or 02 number.

With regards to VoIP gateway numbers that look like regular geographic 01/02 telephone numbers: the SIP brokers usually buy and sell blocks of numbers in particular ranges with STDs for each exchange (hence why you can often pick your number of choice from a list when you sign up for a new account). Indeed, at my old workplace we have two 0121 numbers, an 01902 and an 0121 207 number and they're all included in all our inclusive call allowances. I myself have an 0121 VoIP number and it's included in all inclusive minutes both if I test call it or if someone like my parents ring it (because it's included in their BT package). If you're charged for them at any point by T-Mobile - or any other mobile network in fact - kick up a proper stink about it, because short of a network compiling an exhaustive list of EVERY single block of numbers purchased by EVERY single SIP broker in the UK, they have nearly no way of knowing whether a number is to a PSTN or to a SIP gateway.

As the carriage and termination fees for them are probably identical given either case, I'm fairly sure they don't care.

And also, before the introduction of the 03 number range, Ofcom mandated that all calls to 03 numbers (0300/0333/0330 etc) should be classed, and therefore charged, just like regular 01/02 numbers - the idea being they come out of any call packages or inclusive allowances the caller may have. I applaud organisations like the BBC for phasing 03 numbers in (they've started to do it for many of the programmes with a phone-in element on their speech radio stations, both national broadcasting and local radio) and I've seen other companies slowly taking them up too. I just wish Ofcom could force people to have to take them up instead of hang onto their 084x and 087x numbers!

Edited by Christopher Woods