MOTO Q 9c does not allow access to GPS

Guest dufferone

Guest dufferone

I have tried all the utilities (Com3 & 5 Activators) and reg hacks I could find on this site to get my Intelligolf application's GPS to work without any luck so far.

Does anybody know how to get this working? Is it related to security policies in the registry and Intelligolf being an unsigned application?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest craiggiarc
I have tried all the utilities (Com3 & 5 Activators) and reg hacks I could find on this site to get my Intelligolf application's GPS to work without any luck so far.

Does anybody know how to get this working? Is it related to security policies in the registry and Intelligolf being an unsigned application?

Which Network are you on? I'm on Alltel and it's locked down on here. Unfortunately I'm nobody has found a solution to unlock it yet but hopefully someone who has successfully unlocked the GPS in other locked phones may be able to help!?

Craig

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
Guest ScreamingFalcon

I've heard thru the grapevine that all new models of WinMo devices from Verizon will have GPS unlocked either right out of the box or thru a (very discreet) software update (as is the case with the Omnia and the Saga). Since the HTC Ozone is one of these and is a Smartphone, is there anyone who can crack the mystery of the GPS for us and post it here?

Edited by ScreamingFalcon

• 1 month later...
Guest 88Saleen351

I am using a Q9M on Verizon and have had no luck getting ANY GPS app or gps unlocking tool to work on this thing. I am in the process of dysecting the registry and all of its related components. Sir Duke over at SmartAppsWorld is also in the process of tearing apart the registry on a Q9C, and has also been going through ROM files. There is a thread over at Smartappsworld specifically directed towards getting the Verizon GPS working. If any of you know of anything useful, we could use a few extra knowledeable people helping us to crack the Verizon GPS lock :D

Edited by 88Saleen351

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tantuni

I just got Platinum Tel Motorola Q9C (they use Sprint network) and I could not use the internal

GPS either but Tomtom 7.916 works OK (limitations due to absence of touchscreen) via bluetooth on serial port 1...