SPV E650 GPRS

Guest Bigbaker

Guest Bigbaker

New to this so bare with me.

I have a SPV E650 on Orange, everytime my phone goes out of signal (happens loads at work) the G kicks in when it comes back into network coverage. The only way of clearing this is to go into flight mode then back to normal mode again.

Has anyone got any ideas for me please?

Cheers in advance.

Guest Samsonite

if you mean the big G in the centre of the top bar then awarner is indeed correct - it is only indicating that GPRS coverage exists in that area.

You may be experiencing the little G bug that makes it look as though you have a GPRS session active. thats the little G that appears in the signal strength indicator in the top right of the screen.

If thats the case - i'm not aware of any bulletproof fix to stop it happening. I get it when i have had a genuine GPRS session (surfing or Instant Messaging etc) and have killed the connection from the Comm Manager. At an indeterminate period later, for no apparent reason, the little G appears but no session is happening!

I'm certain that unless the Comm Manager has option 6 lit up green, the little G is not actually indicating an active session (and perhaps a cost impact) and is merely a bug... but dont quote me!!!

Guest Looby

That's right, and the only way to stop the little G from re-appearing after you have stopped the data connection is to switch the phone off\on in comm manager :D

Oh dear, I've just noticed my status has gone up to addict.......

Edited by Looby