Garmin MobileXT problem

Guest DieHard69

Guest DieHard69

I've just received my i780 about 2 weeks ago.

The phone came with the Garmin MobileXt software. the first time i installed the software i took a while for it to pick up the satellites. Then for about 3 days it work fine (Everytime used the software, it would find the satelittes within seconds). Since then i can't get it to work anymore. I've tried the following with no avail:

• Uninstalling the software completely (Uninstalling the app from the Remove programs wizard and by deleting the Garmin folder on the device storage)
  • I've performed a Hard Reset and re-installed
  • I've played around with the GPS settings by selecting a COM port instead of using GPS Intermediate driver

None of these have helped. Does anybody have any suggestions

Guest dolpher
I've just received my i780 about 2 weeks ago.

The phone came with the Garmin MobileXt software. the first time i installed the software i took a while for it to pick up the satellites. Then for about 3 days it work fine (Everytime used the software, it would find the satelittes within seconds). Since then i can't get it to work anymore. I've tried the following with no avail:

• Uninstalling the software completely (Uninstalling the app from the Remove programs wizard and by deleting the Garmin folder on the device storage)
  • I've performed a Hard Reset and re-installed
  • I've played around with the GPS settings by selecting a COM port instead of using GPS Intermediate driver

None of these have helped. Does anybody have any suggestions

My best answer to you......always test settings outside. I have no problems with the default settings, but it doesn't work inside.