Winterface by VITO Technology released - FRESH LOOK at WINDOWS MOBILE INTERFACE

Guest VITOkonstantin

Guest VitOlga
1. Is there a way to add a background image, and if there isn't, are you planning on adding this feature in a future release?

No, unfortunately this is impossible. Though, we shall add some new skins as well.

2. I would like to see a way to customize the icons for the defaults like the clock and system memory, etc.

We're trying to find the solution.

3. What weather application works with Winterface to allow you to see weather info inside the thumbnail? I see reference to instructions in the help.htm, but I cannot find a weather app that it refers to.

The weather app for Winterface is here: http://vitotechnology.com/vito-mobile-weather.html.

Guest VitOlga

VITO Technology Releases New Version 1.3 of the Windows Mobile Bestseller - Winterface. This is a Mobile Shell comprising the options of a launcher, a task manager, and multitude of Today plug-ins. Winterface virtually replaces default interface of touch screen Windows Mobile devices and gives the user unprecedented freedom to easily lay out interface exactly the way they like it.

Winterface1.jpgWinterface2.jpg

Winterface can now be different. You may choose either the black skin with white stylish icons or the bright one with colorful icons and 3d images.

The option that makes Winterface even more attractive is the ability to switch on or off Windowed mode. This mode allows you either to show or hide a standard top WM bar that shows the essential info like start button, time, profile, mobile operator, etc.

Another great change in Winterface is that URL favorites can now be added to the main screen not only from IE browser but also from Opera Mobile.

We have also fixed all bugs connected with SMS notifications and Weather icon. Winterface is available for $19.95.

Guest racerfern

I am a registered user and just installed the latest version. Everything seems fine except that after the screen has been off for some time nothing you do brings it back to life. The only way to wake it up is to so a soft reset. It has to be off for a couple of minutes and then this happens. If it's off for less than that, then the phone wakes up by pressing the power button like it should. I have a Samsung Verizon Omnia i910.

I have quite a few different programs installed but I'm leaning towards 1.3 being the culprit since upgrading to that started causing problems. BTW, when this happens, even plugging the phone into the charger doesn't light the power button.

I did a hard reset and reinstalled a bunch of stuff but have yet to install 1.3 again. Waiting to see if others have issues or if a solution exists.

Guest racerfern

I saw that already 1.31 was available, so being the daring devil I am, I jumped in with both feet and installed it. Problems solved. No more total shut off, the unlock bar is a LOT smoother, not perfect but much better. Screen redraws are faster. Good job.

Keep up the great work, I'm looking forward to even more improvements.

Guest racerfern
I saw that already 1.31 was available, so being the daring devil I am, I jumped in with both feet and installed it. Problems solved. No more total shut off, the unlock bar is a LOT smoother, not perfect but much better. Screen redraws are faster. Good job.

Keep up the great work, I'm looking forward to even more improvements.

Oops! It did it again. If my Omnia i910 sits idle for a while, you can't wake it up no matter what. Even plugging in the charger does nothing. You have to do a soft reset. Has anyone else had this issue since the release of 1.3?

Guest shirozina

I had problems with 1.3 but 1.31 seems better although no quite as fast as 1.2 which I may go back to untill they can sort it out.

Guest racerfern

After doing the umpteenth hard reset I think I've figured out the problem is really WKTASK 1.2.0.2. Something about winterface 1.3 and 1.31 brought out some nasty reaction in WKTASK. For now I've eliminated it, but hope to find something similar that will reside happily with the other programs.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest racerfern
After doing the umpteenth hard reset I think I've figured out the problem is really WKTASK 1.2.0.2. Something about winterface 1.3 and 1.31 brought out some nasty reaction in WKTASK. For now I've eliminated it, but hope to find something similar that will reside happily with the other programs.

I couldn't help myself so I tried one more time. Eventually I ended up having to do a hard reset. This time however, the problem was that the "My Storage" disappeared and suddenly I had a "My Storage2". Of course none of the installed program info was there so nothing would work. This is the second time this has happened and after trying numerous combinations of installations it all whittles down to Winterface. Any ideas anyone? Cool interface but unusable as released.

Guest VitOlga
I couldn't help myself so I tried one more time. Eventually I ended up having to do a hard reset. This time however, the problem was that the "My Storage" disappeared and suddenly I had a "My Storage2". Of course none of the installed program info was there so nothing would work. This is the second time this has happened and after trying numerous combinations of installations it all whittles down to Winterface. Any ideas anyone? Cool interface but unusable as released.

Have you contacted our support team describing in details what happened with your device? If not please do so that we could fix the problem.

Guest everman79
Have you contacted our support team describing in details what happened with your device? If not please do so that we could fix the problem.

Im currently using Samsung SGH-i780. I have installed WInterface 1.3 and I LOVE the look. But like racerfern, I encountered a similar problem of my phone "hanging" once it idles off. When in idle mode (i.e. black screen), I would not be able to pick up any calls, or read any smses or even attend to any alarms. in seemed to hang or at times, locked and cannot be unlocked. I would have to do a soft-reset via a physical button to remedy the problem. I have even unchecked the phone lock for the Winterface but the problem persisted.

I hope someone can help.

Guest scampcat
Im currently using Samsung SGH-i780. I have installed WInterface 1.3 and I LOVE the look. But like racerfern, I encountered a similar problem of my phone "hanging" once it idles off. When in idle mode (i.e. black screen), I would not be able to pick up any calls, or read any smses or even attend to any alarms. in seemed to hang or at times, locked and cannot be unlocked. I would have to do a soft-reset via a physical button to remedy the problem. I have even unchecked the phone lock for the Winterface but the problem persisted.

I hope someone can help.

I have the i900 and Winterface 1.3 was doing the same thing for me. I was able to catch the culprit on my phone though. I googled for the the latest stable version of Mortscript (freeware) and installed the .cab to the phone. Winterface is now bulletproof on my phone. No crashes, no lockups, just beautiful speed and smoothness. Hope that helps someone.

• 1 month later...
Guest VitOlga

The contest “Give a new face to Winterface” is open. It will last till 21st of June, 2009. Great prizes are available for the best skins: a mobile device for the winner and bonus cards ($) for second to fifth place. Read the details on the VITO Technology blog here: http://blog.vitotechnology.com/?p=78.