ITS OFFICIAL - ORANGE RETENTIONS HAVE STOCK

Guest ambro

Guest ambro

Hi Guys,

I've been waiting for the Touch Diamond since last week, just got off the phone to retentions! With my Touch Diamond being delivered tomorrow :D

Panther 45 = 1200mins, 500 Txts, 250mb Anytime Data, Unlimited Land Line calls all @ £30 per month (18month contract) Phone was free, mainly due to Tier 5!!

Start calling if your looking to upgrade to the diamond!!

Edited by ambro

Guest darthbane2k
Hi Guys,

I've been waiting for the Touch Diamond since last week, just got off the phone to retentions! With my Touch Diamond being delivered tomorrow :D

Panther 45 = 1200mins, 500 Txts, Unlimited Land Line calls all @ £30 per month and the phone was free, thats due to Tier 5!!

And what's your data plan like?

18 months are you tied?

Guest ambro
And what's your data plan like?

18 months are you tied?

sorry forgot to add that i got 250mb any time data... and it is a 18mnth contract..

A good deal??

Edited by ambro

Guest benssson
Hi Guys,

Panther 45 = 1200mins, 500 Txts, Unlimited Land Line calls all @ £30 per month and the phone was free, thats due to Tier 5!!

that's strange...I called them at 13:00 and they didnt have any stock. I guess I'm not tier 5 :( doesn't matter as I''ve requested my PAC code and I'll try to get an iPhone tommorow

Guest darthbane2k
sorry forgot to add that i got 250mb any time data... and it is a 18mnth contract..

250MB is not enough to take advantage of this phone.

Only thing im interested in is the official HTC case. You cant find stock anywhere in the UK. Im wondering whether Orange have any?...

Guest ambro
that's strange...I called them at 13:00 and they didnt have any stock. I guess I'm not tier 5 :D doesn't matter as I''ve requested my PAC code and I'll try to get an iPhone tommorow

If your after the diamond then i would call them again, some of the staff dont actually check the computer stock unless you force them to, because they all think that the phones out next week! i did try to get how many are in stock but they said they do not have that information on screen. :(

Edited by ambro

Guest rupert_hollom
that's strange...I called them at 13:00 and they didnt have any stock. I guess I'm not tier 5 :D doesn't matter as I''ve requested my PAC code and I'll try to get an iPhone tommorow

I called at about 12 and was told that it was not available, then called again just now and was told that it was available but that it would cost me £119.95 so I started muttering about leaving and getting myself an iPhone 2 where upon they put me through to retentions who 'magically' managed to reduce the phone to free as long as I took out a new 18 month contract - result!

Guest jrshodges

Just wondering are you guys ringing up retentions and you are OUT of contract, ie not in the last 15months of an 18month contract and able to upgrade but completely out of contract all together?

Guest benssson

just called them up again and they ARE in stock! but....the CSR can't access my account to do the upgrade :D gonna have to calll up in a hour

Just wondering are you guys ringing up retentions and you are OUT of contract, ie not in the last 15months of an 18month contract and able to upgrade but completely out of contract all together?

I'm on the last month of my contract

Guest Skunkchild

I've been out of contract for a month or so and usually only spend about £40 each month.

Spoke to a very helpful girl on the Loyalty team and after an initial quote of £119 for the handset, I mumbled about maybe trying T-Mob or Voda, so she was able to offer the handset for free if I switched to an 18 month contract.

Phone arrives tomorrow - 600 free mins, unlimited texts and unlimited anytime data for £25pm.

:D

Guest jdaco6
Hi Guys,

Panther 45 = 1200mins, 500 Txts, 250mb Anytime Data, Unlimited Land Line calls all @ £30 per month (18month contract) Phone was free, mainly due to Tier 5!!

Did the guy actually tell you tmoz because when I ordered a Sim Only Sim Card it took 3 days and when i was on the phone to the Executive Team ordering my Diamond at 10:00 today they said 1 to 3 days so how on earth do you know you will get it tmoz, or am i missing somthing!

Let me know!

Edited by jdaco6

Guest jimbouk
Did the guy actually tell you tmoz because when I ordered a Sim Only Sim Card it took 3 days and when i was on the phone to the Executive Team ordering my Diamond at 10:00 today they said 1 to 3 days so how on earth do you know you will get it tmoz, or am i missing somthing!

Let me know!

A sim card can take three days as it is sent automatically by a machine.

Phone's are sent by parcelline or similar and are set for next day delivery.

Guest jdaco6
A sim card can take three days as it is sent automatically by a machine.

Phone's are sent by parcelline or similar and are set for next day delivery.

Sorry for being a pain and thanks for the quick reply but would that make a difference if it was a new contract or is it still next day del?

Thanks so much for all your replys, Great Forum!

Guest jimbouk
Sorry for being a pain and thanks for the quick reply but would that make a difference if it was a new contract or is it still next day del?

Thanks so much for all your replys, Great Forum!

The only way it wouldnt arrive tomorrow is if the depatch department don't get it out of the door today.

Guest rossy

Finally!!!!

Just spoken to the most helpful CS person I have ever dealt with in my 12 year history with orange.... and what a deal he did me

Free diamond, Pather 45 (1200mins/500txts/unltd data (500meg)/Unltd landline calls) for £30 p/m (18m contract), + a free bluetooth headset.

The wait has definitely been worth it and I am glad it came out before tomorrow.... to avoid the decision of whether to camp out by the O2 store in the morning!!

Guest jimbouk
Finally!!!!

Just spoken to the most helpful CS person I have ever dealt with in my 12 year history with orange.... and what a deal he did me

Free diamond, Pather 45 (1200mins/500txts/unltd data (500meg)/Unltd landline calls) for £30 p/m (18m contract), + a free bluetooth headset.

The wait has definitely been worth it and I am glad it came out before tomorrow.... to avoid the decision of whether to camp out by the O2 store in the morning!!

I am having mine delivered to my clients offices tomorrow morning... where I am spending the day setting up their new Iphone 3g's and activeysnc...

Will be an interesting comparison setting them both up.

Edited by jimbouk

Guest spacemonkey

Got round to calling them just now, they're out of stock already... oh well, I'll try again over the next few days... Without even pushing the retention route (no point since there is no stock) they offered 39.99 as a charge for the handset.

Guest benssson

I was exactly the same! lucky I didn't queue up for a iPhone as the fallout this morning (O2 shops processing like 3 people in a hour) seems quite horrible :D

Guest T39andcounting

I phoned them up at 4pm today and they were out of stock. Said they'd add me to a wait list and send me a text when they come in. Deal seemed pretty good...

750minutes

Unlimited landlines

100 texts

'unlimited mobile browsing'

£25/month (18 month contract)

That last part I'm not sure about. I asked him if that meant unlimited and he said yes. But, is this going to be 250mb or 500mb limited? And will it be unlimited if I share the data connection with my laptop, (something I do at the moment with my unlimited evenings and weekends data)? Anyone know?

Guest jimbouk
I phoned them up at 4pm today and they were out of stock. Said they'd add me to a wait list and send me a text when they come in. Deal seemed pretty good...

750minutes

Unlimited landlines

100 texts

'unlimited mobile browsing'

£25/month (18 month contract)

That last part I'm not sure about. I asked him if that meant unlimited and he said yes. But, is this going to be 250mb or 500mb limited? And will it be unlimited if I share the data connection with my laptop, (something I do at the moment with my unlimited evenings and weekends data)? Anyone know?

The standard unlimited browsing deal excludes tethering with your laptop. Whether they will notice or not is another matter.

Guest T39andcounting
The standard unlimited browsing deal excludes tethering with your laptop. Whether they will notice or not is another matter.

I guess I'll have to try it, note the date, then see if I get billed. Do you know if the 'unlimited' really is unlimited? Am happy to get a call from Orange to ask me to use it less if I hit it hard, but I don't want a surprise bill at the end of the month!

Guest jimbouk
I guess I'll have to try it, note the date, then see if I get billed. Do you know if the 'unlimited' really is unlimited? Am happy to get a call from Orange to ask me to use it less if I hit it hard, but I don't want a surprise bill at the end of the month!

The standard unlimited is not unlimited.

Depending on who you talk to, its either 250mb or 500mb. Because I was worried about going over, I have negotiated myself onto a 3gb deal but that was sorted by someone as a fix following some issues.

Guest Neil5459

The amount of data depends on how hard you knocked them down on price!

The new £35 and upwards tariffs have unlimited (500MB) of data, but if you have struck a hard upgrade deal, they may have put you on an older tariff plus the 250MB 'Unlimited' plan. This happened to me today when I renegotiated my plan as I'm out of contract, and don't use much voice or SMS, but wanted data. Eventually settled on £17.50pm for 300mins/100SMS and 'unlimited' data. When I asked what was 'unlimited' he said it was the previous 250MB deal that used to cost £7.50.

I got my Diamond on a new £35 contract discounted to £30, so will be doing a bit of SIM swapping!