Diamond FREE on O £35 tariff with £80 Auto Cashback or Jawbone Headset or 5 months FREE or Nintendo DS Lite or Wii Fit

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest rameses

God, these mobiles.co.uk guys are good.

I got an email advising my order had been placed. This was soon followed by another saying may order had been cancelled as I'd failed the credit check. I rang them to query this as there's no way I can fail one of those things. I spoke to a really nice chap who sorted it out and said my order would now go through. Five minutes later another email says my phone is in the warehouse awaiting dispatch. Talk about quick service! :D

Guest stern
God, these mobiles.co.uk guys are good.

I got an email advising my order had been placed. This was soon followed by another saying may order had been cancelled as I'd failed the credit check. I rang them to query this as there's no way I can fail one of those things. I spoke to a really nice chap who sorted it out and said my order would now go through. Five minutes later another email says my phone is in the warehouse awaiting dispatch. Talk about quick service! :D

Thanks Rameses, I got declined too, which I thought was strange as I'm on creditexpert and my score is classed as good. I had just put it down to the fact I have just bought a house and started a new job. After seeing your post I gave them a call. Even though I had put down my existing orange number they had passed the search to orange without it and that often means that they will fail you. She said it's almost 100% that it will pass if she re-runs the search with the number so she's trying it now and is going to let me know. fingers crossed.

Guest rameses
Thanks Rameses, I got declined too, which I thought was strange as I'm on creditexpert and my score is classed as good. I had just put it down to the fact I have just bought a house and started a new job. After seeing your post I gave them a call. Even though I had put down my existing orange number they had passed the search to orange without it and that often means that they will fail you. She said it's almost 100% that it will pass if she re-runs the search with the number so she's trying it now and is going to let me know. fingers crossed.

Yeah, the guy I spoke to mentioned something about my existing Orange number - it's an old contract / PAYG that I've not used for years but apparently it helps get it through the check. All very strange.

Guest stern
Yeah, the guy I spoke to mentioned something about my existing Orange number - it's an old contract / PAYG that I've not used for years but apparently it helps get it through the check. All very strange.

Well it turns out that it was a bit more sinister than them not passing the existing number through. Orange royally cocked up with me this month and added a bundle but didn't activate it which caused me to have a bill of over £1000 for data usage.

They have said sorry and sent it off for recalculation but when the credit referral people saw the huge invoice they thought I was trying to pull a fast one and get a new contract. So I have had to call customer services and get them to note my account and now mobiles are trying to get them to look at it again.

I will also be contacting Orange after it's all over and demanding they remove the THREE credit searches they have run so far!

Edited by stern

Guest blackhorse
So can anyone who's had theirs confirm this comes with the 500mb data?

Tariff doesnt come with any allowance, its unlimtited, it wont be charged even when over 500mb

The 500 mb is a fair use guidence

Guest Mujja

Ordered on Sunday. Got an email today at 18:00 saying there's a problem with stock or processing. I've already ordered accessories and was looking forward to receiving it tomorrow. The website still shows it in stock though !!.

Not happy, if they had emailed me earlier I could have phoned them to see what the delay is.

Guest huwwatkins
Ordered on Sunday. Got an email today at 18:00 saying there's a problem with stock or processing. I've already ordered accessories and was looking forward to receiving it tomorrow. The website still shows it in stock though !!.

Not happy, if they had emailed me earlier I could have phoned them to see what the delay is.

Similar thing happened to me, ordered sunday night, about 4pm it was still showing as pending so i phoned them and they pushed it along a bit but at 18:00 i got an email stating that there has been a delay and then 5 minutes later it had gone to the warehouse awaiting dispatch. So im not really sure if its going to arrive tomorrow or not.

I also ordered the brodit car mount else where - im betting i get that before the phone.

Guest Paul (MVP)

Good plan.

Once again, if anyone has no luck by phone or needs something escalated, PM me :D

I know these Diamonds are selling thru at an incredible rate!

P

Guest huwwatkins
Good plan.

Once again, if anyone has no luck by phone or needs something escalated, PM me :D

I know these Diamonds are selling thru at an incredible rate!

P

Just phoned- Its going to be sent out today and I should have it tomorrow! Fingers crossed!

Guest Mujja
Just phoned- Its going to be sent out today and I should have it tomorrow! Fingers crossed!

Phoned this morning at 09:05 :D Apprantely some issue with the debit card, I had entered the 16 digit number incorrectly. Didn't believe them but can't prove otherwise. Did say I wasn't happy about not being contacted about it earlier yesterday and instead sent a generic email at 18:00.

Just checked the online order status and it's still Pending. Called them and they assure me it's been dispatched and will be with mt by 13:00 tomorrow. It's a good job I'm not taking time off work waiting for the delivery, working nights this week.

huwwatkins, just remembered we should ask them for the RM tracking number, as mentioned in this post earlier, to be sure it's been posted. Not going to call them now as I might sound desperate, which I am :D

Edited by Mujja

Guest rameses

Sorry, forgot to post this earlier and not wanting to upset anyone still waiting for delivery, but mine arrived at about 10:00 on Saturday morning as promised.

I guess they must just really busy due to the great offer.

Oh, and just to confirm what blackhorse said I checked with O and was told the the data allowance is unlimited but there is a fair usage policy of 500Mb (which sounds a bit like a contadiction to me :D )

Guest Mujja
Do it! No harm :D

P

Didn't think they would but just been given a tracking number :angry:

Sorry if I sound negative but I went in to town on Sunday just to get this phone from Phones4U. I called twice, around 11:45 and 14:00, to confirm the phone was in stock and arrived at 14:30 to be told they haven't had any in stock for days. The sales person who lied to me was conveniently in a meeting. I asked what they were going to do about it as I had just wasted my time and was told I could come back later and give the lying sales assistant a slap.

Is this a Phones4U tactic now, say anything to get a customer in the store and then try and sell them something they don't need/want? BTW they have the same offer as the one I got from mobiles.co.uk (Dophin 35 with 11 months 1/2 price) but without the jawbone headset voucher or you can get the Diamond sim free for £350. Damn, why am I even promoting their offers :D

Guest NikLP

I've just wasted 15 minutes reading 6 pages of this thread and no-one bothered to mention whether I can do this as an upgrade or not? I assume not, but just even mentioning that on the first page would have been helpful... :D

So if I have to keep my number (business) then I either have to stick with Orange and get a crap deal and no goodies, or move to another network and still get no goodies? Last time I spoke to T-Mo about moving they offered me NOTHING.

I'm ten months out of contract (no-one's had a handset I want) and want this sorted asap, anyone want to poke/PM/help?

Guest Mujja
I checked with O and was told the the data allowance is unlimited but there is a fair usage policy of 500Mb

That still sounds good from what I've read in the last few days. I've been on PAYG for the last 4+ years and had to read up on what contracts offer now to decide which one to commit to for 18 months :D Some of the posts I read from existing Orange customers on the same 18 month Dophin / Racoon 35, which now give unlimited access, say they have been paying an additional £8/month for around 30Mb data !!!

This handset and the unlimited browsing deals has made me want to sign a contract again after all these years.

I had been using an IPAQ HX4700 as a internet tablet and GPS device and a SPV M500 (HTC Magician) as a phone until about 6 months ago. The SPV just became too big to carry around and the mess with cables in the car meant I was leaving the IPAQ at home.

The Diamond is the device I have been waiting for although user reviews suggest WM6 still isn't perfect with custom ROMs and tweaks needed. I've been reading up and already fear I'll spend more time playing with ROMs and tweaks than I will using the device, like I did with all my previous WinMo devices. But that's the fun part :D

Guest huwwatkins

Ok- I phoned this afternoon and there was a problem with my card being declined, at the same time i was on the phone barclays fraud department phoned up :D

So, once I got that sorted everything seemed ok.

Phoned up just now after Mujja reminded me about the rm tracking code and was given one so hopefully should be here tomorrow.

Spoke to the same guy a few times today and he was very helpful and polite!

Cheers

Guest twizzle

I've just recived your email and applied for the phone. I went for the DS Lite (already have 2 but could sell this one, or use it when i'm away from home) and used the code to get the jawbone.

Only thing i'd like to know is, at one point it asked if i already had or prevoiusly had an Orange contract. I typed in my number and carried on. Will this allow me to keep my existing number or will i have anew one, will it use this to cancel my existing contract or just count as an upgrade for teh phone in other words?

Cheers guys, looks liek a great deal!

Guest huwwatkins

Its a new contract. If you already have an orange contract, you would need to port your number out then back in again to keep it, aswell as cancelling your existing contract (providing you dont want two contracts running alongside each other).

Guest azimx

Thanks to this website i have Just ordered one today, phoned them up and asked for a tracking number....should be here tommorrow cant wait...

thanks for the code for jawbone headset.

i have gone for the 7 1/2 months half price line rental on 12 month racoon plan £40. Total cost for year is £350. sounds good..only worried about the cashback this is the first time ever i have gone for a cashback offer...what is mobile.co.uk like? are they reputable? has anyone had anydealings with them re cashback?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.